ST renewal (only vote if a current ST holder)

TrentVilla

As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?

• Yes - I've already renewed or will do so no matter what
    • Yes - When we are safe
    • No - Because of McLeish
    • No - Because of Lerner
    • No - Because of a non football related reason

But do you truly believe only ST holders have voted?

By and large yes.

The number of votes for poll on this part of the site are very very low, far lower than normal when we have a poll.

So while I'm sure there are a few people who have voted who aren't ST holders I'd say that on the whole the vast majority probably are.

I said i would renew because i thought he would be gone but after today i have changed my mind i wont renew until he has gone. Its ok losing to Man Utd but to not even try is embarrassing. I cant pay for another season of this i want some belief its not much to ask for.

But do you truly believe only ST holders have voted?

By and large yes.

The number of votes for poll on this part of the site are very very low, far lower than normal when we have a poll.

So while I'm sure there are a few people who have voted who aren't ST holders I'd say that on the whole the vast majority probably are.

Fair enough. :thumb:

When DOL was in charge, was there a similar level of apathy towards Villa as there is now? I'm a bit too young to really remember what it was like then, and how fans felt towards it.

It seems there's a lot of people who are saying "I've been going to VP for xx years and this is the worst i've felt"... was it really that different to this? Were people saying that with DOL in charge too?

I'm not having a dig at anyone who is saying that, I'm genuinely curious.

If we go down and McLeish gets the sack then I will renew. If we stay up and he is still the manager then I won't renew. £1060 saved on 2 season tickets.

I would rather watch Championship football under a manager that actually knew what he was doing than watch Premier League football under McLeish.

Personally, I didn't feel anywhere near as angry in the DOL days compared to how I've felt this season! Even in Taylor's spell before DOL when we nearly went down, I didn't feel like this.

Why?

We had an owner who weren't willing to invest much into the squad, and a pretty crap manager too :P

Personally, I didn't feel anywhere near as angry in the DOL days compared to how I've felt this season! Even in Taylor's spell before DOL when we nearly went down, I didn't feel like this.

Why?

We had an owner who weren't willing to invest much into the squad, and a pretty crap manager too :P

True but Ellis would never have hired a man that came 3rd in a 2 horse race and that had just been relegated AGAIN with our local rivals. At least Ellis knew football and Stride was also a Villa man. Yes, Ellis made his mistakes but Randy is clueless and so is Faulkner. Even Cleveland Browns are shite!

Why?

True but Ellis would never have hired a man that came 3rd in a 2 horse race and that had just been relegated AGAIN with our local rivals. At least Ellis knew football and Stride was also a Villa man. Yes, Ellis made his mistakes but Randy is clueless and so is Faulkner. Even Cleveland Browns are shite!

Can't argue with that. :thumb:

I voted No because of McLeish. (but I'm sure I'll be tempted around ST deadline day, I only renewed this season on the final day)

I will not be wasting another £500+ next season to watch us surrender to the top 6 and be outplayed by teams coming up from the Championship, and boring us to death against the rest. It's been a truly depressing experience this term. I don't buy the injury excuse either, when he had a fit squad he didn't know who to play where or how to get the best out of the team, Bent on his own, Gabby on the wing?, Warnock on the pitch?, Hutton ... bjesus, Nzogbia? the list is fecking endless.

After all that I still can't believe we've appointed a manager with two Premiership relegations on his cv, who next? Mcarthy? How about Dave Bassett?

Shit manager, shit results, if he's still here next season we are as good as fooked and I don't want to be around to see it. :-(

I've stopped going this season despite having a season ticket. Sure as hell not going to pay for the pleasure of having an empty seat represent me at VP. I'm going to Villa Spurs to say goodbye and thats that for me until the football improves, which I imagine will coincide with the departure of AM.

For those that do the stats I've had a season ticket for 26 years (or so).

This /\

Already spent my ST money for next year on something guarenteed to give me years of enjoyment, not 19 games of misery and dis-enjoyment.

I voted no-Mcleish. He's actually had enough time to work his magic. And it made me ill. Don't enjoy it anymore...

Other factors for me include;

- spending time with my family on one of only two days off a week I get.

- other hobbies and interests that currently give me more enjoyment and value for money

- costs of getting to and from the game (train, bus, car or whatever)

- top flight football is shite and broken, filled with greed and overpaid (disgustingly overpaid), ungrateful and cheating players (Ashley Young for Man U against QPR).

- Shit refs... and always in favour of the big teams; look at Chelsea and Man U games at the weekend. You all know it to be true.

- Life's too short to be wasting time getting depressed at Villa Park.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Raver will return when the shroud of the dark side has been lifted from VP.

How much do Thai Bride's cost to hire these days?

tough question,like you i support AVFC,not this board or manager,im dreading next season to be honest under this manager,i dont see what the plan is,i havnt renewed yet,i think im waiting for safety but i have had enough of it all.

Being linked with Andy Johnson again in the papers today, this sort of signing does not change my thinking. He's been shit for a long time, why are we even interested in him? Next we'll be breaking the bank for Bendtner...

Nothing about Villa at the moment makes me want to renew.

Being linked with Andy Johnson again in the papers today, this sort of signing does not change my thinking. He's been shit for a long time, why are we even interested in him? Next we'll be breaking the bank for Bendtner...

Nothing about Villa at the moment makes me want to renew.

This is where people have a choice, you can accept that this is how it is going to be and get on with it.

Or you can decide that you dont want to witness in person the demise of the club. I for one do not want to pay a single penny of my money in wages to AM and the likes of Andy Johnson because if I do I am condoning the systematic destruction of Villa, not only that but it it is pure torture watching it and get no enjoyment what so ever anymore, 3 times I have fell asleep at Villa this season!!