ST renewal (only vote if a current ST holder)

TrentVilla

As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?

• Yes - I've already renewed or will do so no matter what
    • Yes - When we are safe
    • No - Because of McLeish
    • No - Because of Lerner
    • No - Because of a non football related reason

So that's £1040 I will be saving (or £1060 if you count the fact that the prices go up after the deadline).

the impression i got off the bloke who keeps phoning me from the ticket office at VP trying to get me to renew is that you will get the cheaper ticket if you choose to renew after the deadline

I got 2 missed calls from Villa ticket office while I was away on holiday last week. I haven't rung them back and I think they have got the message now!

Voted no due to AMC, and the dire football he serves up. Used to look forward to as someone has already quoted us giving it a go, and sometimes beating teams we weren't expected to, this season just have not thought that at any match. The 220 mile round trip, does not seem worth it any more.

No, because I will be out of the country for 4-6 months next season hopefully and it will not be financially viable to renew.

I would though if I was going to be here, despite the dross being served up. I love going too much not to.

I've stopped going this season despite having a season ticket. Sure as hell not going to pay for the pleasure of having an empty seat represent me at VP. I'm going to Villa Spurs to say goodbye and thats that for me until the football improves, which I imagine will coincide with the departure of AM.

For those that do the stats I've had a season ticket for 26 years (or so).

This /\

Already spent my ST money for next year on something guarenteed to give me years of enjoyment, not 19 games of misery and dis-enjoyment.

I voted no-Mcleish. He's actually had enough time to work his magic. And it made me ill. Don't enjoy it anymore...

Other factors for me include;

- spending time with my family on one of only two days off a week I get.

- other hobbies and interests that currently give me more enjoyment and value for money

- costs of getting to and from the game (train, bus, car or whatever)

- top flight football is shite and broken, filled with greed and overpaid (disgustingly overpaid), ungrateful and cheating players (Ashley Young for Man U against QPR).

- Shit refs... and always in favour of the big teams; look at Chelsea and Man U games at the weekend. You all know it to be true.

- Life's too short to be wasting time getting depressed at Villa Park.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Raver will return when the shroud of the dark side has been lifted from VP.

Thanks to those who have voted and added their comments so far, hopefully we will get a few more ST holders vote in the next few days.

This is a tiny sample so its of limited use but 49% of those who have voted so far are not renewing for one reason or another. That is a much higher figure than I expected.

I was that board against stoke I was tempted to watch the WH v SHA game on Sky Go on my mobile...I didn't resort to it thou...

I was adamant I was going to renew a few weeks ago, but I am so bored right now and it's so much effort to go I am actually losing family day outs too.

I will see how pre-season goes before I decide, but i am not holding my breath!

This! Monday was the 3rd game that I have fell asleep at the game to the point where I missed the goal! Never ever would this have happened in the past but it made me feel better seeing that I am not the only one bored shitless, seeing that someone wants a protest in Pjamas with a pillow made me laugh though I really do think that having that combinated with AM's football would result in a protest on ZZZZzzzzzzz's

Anyway, why should I renew? For the last 3 seasons I think it would have been cheaper for me to not get one and just buy the bloody cheap seats they keep selling, I have missed loads of games this season, I used to book my holidays around the Villa home games yet I am not going due to things as trivial as going out for lunch with the in laws and I have an understanding GF who would not mind me missing things to go to the Villa!

All those renewing, I envy you for still holding on to your passion, for those renewing out of blind loyalty I envy your for your tolleration of such boring painfull games.

I’m probably not going to renew but it would be unfair to put one of the reasons above as it’s really a mixture of the three.

My kid is due to be born any day now and I’ll have to lose one of my weekend social pursuits, I have decided after much soul searching that it will probably be this.

One of the main reasons is that going to VP just doesn’t have the same pull as it used to have, even during Houliers reign. It’s not only the ridiculously sterile football served up but also the general feeling of hostility on the stands, its poisoning an already flat atmosphere that quite frankly taking the enjoyment out of my match day experience.

I also don’t trust the board and Learner to pull us out of this redundant state. Even when we do drop the manager, who will replace him? Even the best managers in the world would struggle with the combination of restraints and expectation levels here, and the best managers we most certainly won’t get with this current set up.

However as I said to blame it on the manager or Learner alone would be unfair, as its also got a lot to do with the realisation that I’m slowly falling out of love with the whole game, and its bias towards the money men and their teams.

As I said, no one particular reason, just a probable no from me.

Birmingham Mail reports today:

"West Brom have slashed season ticket prices across the board by £50 for next season to try to entice new support to the Hawthorns. "

Not sure where that leaves their ST prices in comparison to ours, but this is a perfect time for another Midlands club to entice new younger fans. Before Villa woulld clean up (if they werent glory hunters) but for the reasons above would you want to support the Villa atm?

I am a STH with my Dad and Brother and we have all decided not to renew next season. The decision was made simply because of the football style that McLeish has introduced at our club and we feel the only way Randy lerner will ever listen is when he sees the attendance figures. As soon as McLeish walks out of the door for good, we will walk straight back through it.

This decision hasn't been easy for us and it is still one that I am struggling with. However, this is the only way to make a stand against the current managerial position. I hate seeing Villa lose but it is something that has happened quite often in the years since we last lifted a trophy of any repute, so I, or my Dad and Brother, cannot be accused of being a glory-hunter. I was born and raised in Church Road, Aston and have always felt part of the Villa family. Seeing the club I love lose is one thing but what is really difficult to take is the apparent defeatist attitude that our management set-up have and that doesn't sit well with me at all. Give our players a chance to express themselves and we might just surprise a few people!

If, by some kind of miracle, Mcleish changes his style and has us playing with heart and going for it every game then we will be back. But, given his previous clubs' poor playing style, the chances of that are about as high as him having us finish in the Champions League places!

The 41% who state McLeish is the problem should write to the club. If you state e.g. me, my wife, our two children will not renew until McLeish is gone (we have had STs in Lower Holte for 8 years) etc. Add to your letter everyone you know (add their details) who see McLeish as the problem. That could be 10,000 not renewing due to McLeish. Surely they'd have to act :detect:

I know this is a desperate plan but I can't see singing a few songs having much of an impact.

You would hope that the club would monitor the popular forums to gauge opinion but then again that involves crediting them with rationale behaviour.