ST renewal (only vote if a current ST holder)

TrentVilla

As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?

• Yes - I've already renewed or will do so no matter what
    • Yes - When we are safe
    • No - Because of McLeish
    • No - Because of Lerner
    • No - Because of a non football related reason

will only renew if AM and RL are gone as has been said above, the finacial constraints will only make it as bad

trouble I cant see RL going anywhere soon.

I will go again but on when AM has gone, Randy has lent us so much in loans that buying the club is not an option to a new owner as the club is not worth anywhere near what you would have to pay.

I dont think AM will be in charge next year after we go down

I bet some of those who have already renewed are worried, it won't be such a bargin if we go down.

Agreed I am worrying big time! It was the payment over 9months that did it for me!

Which is exactly why they offered it.

No it isn't but don't let that stop you.

Going to football on a Saturday is what I enjoy.... Spending 295 over 9 is a bargain in prem or championship

i dont think our style of play is value for money at any price.

I bet some of those who have already renewed are worried, it won't be such a bargin if we go down.

Agreed I am worrying big time! It was the payment over 9months that did it for me!

Mods stop bickering :lol: :winkold:

Going to football on a Saturday is what I enjoy.... Spending 295 over 9 is a bargain in prem or championship

I know what you're saying, but if I didn't go to the games I would still watch in the pub....I would then in all likelihood get very drunk because of the results, spending more money in the process. I drive to most home games and meet up with mates who dont live newrby, so for me it is still more value going to games than not.

I know what you're saying, but if I didn't go to the games I would still watch in the pub....I would then in all likelihood get very drunk because of the results, spending more money in the process. I drive to most home games and meet up with mates who dont live newrby, so for me it is still more value going to games than not.

fair enough, I have gone from going down every week to watching it in the pub, watching it home on my laptop to not watching us at all. Its a sad state of affairs after 24 years of going. I cant belive how badly the wheels have fallen off over the last two years.

I would have continued going if Houllier was still here but after going and sitting through just 4 of McLeishs games its nearly put me off for life :cry:

I'll renew, even in the Championship...i think...but the doubt is only because the footba is not fun to watch anymore, every game is the same, it's always horrible to watch no.

Stop me what, having an opinion of my own. No it won't.

I should have perhaps added 'probably' or 'in my opinion' as wasn't intended to read as fact.

I don't though think it is unreasonable to assume that such an offer on ST's was made with a view to securing early renewals.

Stop me what, having an opinion of my own. No it won't.

I should have perhaps added 'probably' or 'in my opinion' as wasn't intended to read as fact.

I don't though think it is unreasonable to assume that such an offer on ST's was made with a view to securing early renewals.

You said exactly, therefore the presumption was that it was not opinion but fact. It is offered to help fans as much as reward them for early renewal and it is an excellent idea.

After 17 consecutive seasons as a season ticket holder, I don't think I can handle the disappointments anymore. The last two seasons have really taken their toll on me and at the moment there are absolutely no signs of improvement in the immediate future. There have been times this season where I've literally had to force myself to go to games. That's not right at all. It has really affected my personal life too as I'm always moody these days. I have NEVER been this disappointed and pissed off with Villa. The fact that Lerner has hired a shite manager and at the same time decided to operate on a shoestring budget but still expects us to do ok makes me think, why should I pay all this money every season if the club I love are not even going to be competitive? I understand about the wage bill but we still needed investment to improve! Over 500 quid a year to watch this? No thanks. Loving Villa is not enough for me to renew anymore! Cheers, yank! I'm out! And I shall be staying away until we have a new manager!

So according to the poll at the top, half the season ticket holders on here will not be renewing... mostly because of Mcleish or Lerner.... if that is a true reflection on ALL season ticket holders surely someone fromt the Villa will have to pick up on the fact that renewals are drastically down and their hands will be forced into taking some form of action....

After all, football is a business nowadays and if your business is losing 50% of its customers something has to change in order to bring them back. I would suggest that the club will sooner or later have to realise that Mcleish needs to go (if these numbers are accurate) in order to bring fans back through the gates. Either that or the club is going to runs ITSELF into the ground for not doing something about the problem. Its their call at the end of the day, but if I had a multi million pound business and I was losing 50% of my custom I would be looking for my people to address the problem as a prioity...

I don't think VT is a true reflection of the overall feelings of the fan base.

Folk who write on VT are usually some distance away, not all, but many

That is not a sleight at VT .....I think fans who live close to the ground have a slightly different view of the value of the overall match day experience.

Just in the same way as the away fans have a slightly different view to the Home Fans.

Not all fans will be put off by the standard of the football on display.

So according to the poll at the top, half the season ticket holders on here will not be renewing... mostly because of Mcleish or Lerner.... if that is a true reflection on ALL season ticket holders surely someone fromt the Villa will have to pick up on the fact that renewals are drastically down and their hands will be forced into taking some form of action....

After all, football is a business nowadays and if your business is losing 50% of its customers something has to change in order to bring them back. I would suggest that the club will sooner or later have to realise that Mcleish needs to go (if these numbers are accurate) in order to bring fans back through the gates. Either that or the club is going to runs ITSELF into the ground for not doing something about the problem. Its their call at the end of the day, but if I had a multi million pound business and I was losing 50% of my custom I would be looking for my people to address the problem as a prioity...

Before McLeish is dispensed with.....perhaps it might be a good idea for the club to give a veiled hint that they know where they went wrong and know how to put it right..... nothing is guaranteed in football, but we all know an inspired signing is as good as you can do.

No one from the club that matters has suggested that they think they have done wrong by appointing McLeish....so we are where we are.

That is not a sleight at VT .....I think fans who live close to the ground have a slightly different view of the value of the overall match day experience.

Just in the same way as the away fans have a slightly different view to the Home Fans.

But being as this poll was just for ST holders surely it shows some reflection?

But being as this poll was just for ST holders surely it shows some reflection?

But do you truly believe only ST holders have voted?

I can't vote as I'm not a current ST holder, but I've been thinking about it for a while and finances allowing I was looking at doing so next season, but not now - because of McLeish.

Results aside, he's turned us into the dullest side in the league, I have better things to spend my money on than watch that. I will continue to be go to the odd games, but I imagine even that will reduce unless we sort things out. I don't expect us to be challenging top 4, but I do expect to have something to cheer for occasionally and be entertained.