ST renewal (only vote if a current ST holder)

TrentVilla

As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?

• Yes - I've already renewed or will do so no matter what
    • Yes - When we are safe
    • No - Because of McLeish
    • No - Because of Lerner
    • No - Because of a non football related reason

I asked at ticket office today how the renewals were going for this stage, and was told suprisingly really well. I found it surprising as I only know one person that's renewing as things stand.

I think it would just be standard procedure for them to say that, I cant imagine them saying "They're shite" ... It's in the clubs interest to make us think that people are renewing.

I asked at ticket office today how the renewals were going for this stage, and was told suprisingly really well. I found it surprising as I only know one person that's renewing as things stand.

I think it would just be standard procedure for them to say that, I cant imagine them saying "They're shite" ... It's in the clubs interest to make us think that people are renewing.

They said that last season, despite the 7,000 drop.

They are hardly likely to say that sales are significantly down on previous seasons are they!

They have telephoned me 3 times since last Wednesday. This is the first season they have ever bothered to phone me so they are probably trying to muster some sales because the reality is that they are down on sales and the sub 30,000 attendance at the Stoke game recently just reflects that people are being 'switched off'.

I voted No (because of McLeish) and my brother is also the same. Been a regular for the last 6 years and used to be a regular back in the early 90s before Uni but can't remember a worse season at home in all my time following the Villa. Next season I will pick and chose games and try and attend more aways where the atmosphere and performances are generally better.

well we all know that it would be standard procedure to say sales are going well and no way would they say "not well" as most people would consider choosing their games knowing there would be no problem getting a ticket and that low sales mean cheaper matchday deals.

I am really gutted it has came to this, gutted but not only am I bored but think that ifwe carry on investing our money in the club we are only encouraging the owner to carry on as he is, thus playing a part in the demise.

Regular posters know Nicola Keye monitors the forum and she will see this, its a shame as she as this situation is totally out of her control and cant see any way that she can increase season ticket sales as like a lot of people have said, its not about the money its about the lack of enjoyment, the boredom and watching the team we love self harm with Lerner providing the blades.

We won't go down, but this poll is making rather horrible reading. Of course it's a small sample, and of course I'm sure a few avid anti-McLeish/Lerner-ites have voted to get their point further across and thus distorting the voting but even so, the club need to wake up and start reading these message boards.

Potentially as things stand, the money that we'd lose from compensating McLeish if he was to be sacked would pale in significance to the amount we'd lose in tickets and season tickets BECAUSE people don't want to watch us under his leadership. Very sad indeed.

I've been saying this for ages, but this just furthers it: like him or not (and this applies to Lerner as well as the fans), he HAS TO GO because his position is completely untenable due to him having absolutely no support. If the fans are this much against a manager he just has to be sacked. Why they gave him such a lucrative contract is just beyond me.

We won't go down, but this poll is making rather horrible reading. Of course it's a small sample, and of course I'm sure a few avid anti-McLeish/Lerner-ites have voted to get their point further across and thus distorting the voting but even so, the club need to wake up and start reading these message boards.

Potentially as things stand, the money that we'd lose from compensating McLeish if he was to be sacked would pale in significance to the amount we'd lose in tickets and season tickets BECAUSE people don't want to watch us under his leadership. Very sad indeed.

I've been saying this for ages, but this just furthers it: like him or not (and this applies to Lerner as well as the fans), he HAS TO GO because his position is completely untenable due to him having absolutely no support. If the fans are this much against a manager he just has to be sacked. Why they gave him such a lucrative contract is just beyond me.

Agreed, it was madness taking him on in the first place but it would be complete commercial suicide to let him continue.

My brother and I have decided to renew, I've not handed the cash over yet but even if the worst happens it probably won't stop me. It was a difficult decision but theres only so much soccer saturday and shopping I can take and £295 makes it easier.

As the end of the season gets closer, I think the realisation for a lot of ST holders is quite simply that things arent going to be better next season, so why turn up to every game when we'll have only a handful of wins. If anything they will be worse. I believe our manager will be the same, despite what league we're in, and I don't think we'll see much of a squad 'rebuild' taking place either. The teams coming up are decent sides, and with 3/5 of the worse sides in the league going down this season, next year will be tough for the club, with the state it's in at the moment.

Slightly OT - but after the stoke game my mate was so disgusted he rang VP to tell them where to shove next years ST - He was told not to be hasty as some of the offers in the pipeline are going to be the best ST offers the club has ever made........he was told to keep any eye for these ............

The cynic in me suggests the club can't give away tickets at the moment. My advice would be to hold back as you may get a better deal when the club realise just how few tickets they are selling !

There are 8 of us with season tickets in the North Stand Upper. 1 is definatley not renewing due to family reasons. The rest have changed our minds constantly in the past few weeks. As it stands we are going to renew in the hope that surely the board see sense and sack him! We are going to wait though till we are safe first.

It could change again but as it stands 7 out of 8 renewing. My question to all those that have said No if Mcleish is in charge is will you renew as soon as he is sacked or wait to see who they bring in? They really screwed up last year by not listening this year they have to surely???

The interest free scheme would have seen them selling 35K season tickets if people had belief in the board and manager and everyone was pulling in the right direction like what happened when they first took over.

Apologies for reposting this message that I initially post a few weeks ago - it just seems so relevant in this topic.

I have supported Villa since the 1970's, I have travelled across Europe watching them, I spent a few years in the corporate clouds, with my company taking a box in the Trinity when it first reopened. I used to travel to every away game until the requirement to be close to home meant I was then limited to just home games. Following my sojourn in the Trinity , I have held a season ticket, Doug Lower, 10 rows from the front with a foot in either half - quite the most stunning views.

Next season I will not renew.

This is not a decision I have made lightly, I have agonised long and hard but the long and short is that I am just not enjoying life under Big Eck, I dont like the football, the apparent lack of tactical nous, the (almost toxic) atmosphere at the ground. I dont see any light at the end of this tunnel either, even if AMC goes, will not the new encumbent suffer the same financial constraints.

We kid ourselves that "the future is bright", that the kids will come through and take us to the next level but I just dont see it, Delfoneso, Bannan, Clark, Albrighton, Baker, Gardner, Delph - all have been disappointing this season to one degree or another.

Our "established" professionals have all flattered to deceive this season, Bent, a luxury we can ill afford. Gabby, a shadow of the player he was. Ireland, disgraceful attitude, likewise Zoggy. Hutton and Warnock - nuff said about them!!

We need the biggest overhaul of a squad than I can ever remember and we need to do it cost neutral if reports are to believed (and the evidence would tend to support this idea, just look at January!!). I think things may get a lot worse before they get any better and am sorry to say that I have no faith in the current regime putting things right.

No doubt I will support from afar next year - you can never stop supporting your team, but I am afraid my money will be spent elsewhere.

A point against Liverpool was lovely but will just paper over the cracks - the die is set - we are in decline!!!!