ST renewal (only vote if a current ST holder)

TrentVilla

As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?

• Yes - I've already renewed or will do so no matter what
    • Yes - When we are safe
    • No - Because of McLeish
    • No - Because of Lerner
    • No - Because of a non football related reason

Yesterday saw the lowest attendance at Villa Park this season and I would imagine the lowest Premier League attendance we've had in a number of seasons with just 30k given as the official attendance.

This attendance is based upon tickets sold thus any unused season tickets or match day tickets would have been counted which I suspect masks the real attendance yesterday.

Only next season will we see the true impact of Lerner's decisions and McLeish's management.

So a question to those members of the site who hold season tickets, will you renew?

For those voting please add your comments and say how many you will or won't be buying for everyone else you are free to comment but please don't vote.

Oh and can we please avoid any better fan stuff please.

I went for No - Lerner.

Mcleish being here is a result of Lerner's decision making and disrespect towards the fans. Mcleish is only one of a number of problems, most of which come from Lerner.

So that's 2 more season ticket holders off the books for next year.

I've stopped going this season despite having a season ticket. Sure as hell not going to pay for the pleasure of having an empty seat represent me at VP. I'm going to Villa Spurs to say goodbye and thats that for me until the football improves, which I imagine will coincide with the departure of AM.

For those that do the stats I've had a season ticket for 26 years (or so).

no, its not value for money so i cant justify it anymore, £30 a point this season, man utd at home was the point i realised i wouldnt renew, was sat in the pub an hour before kick off with 2 others, the wet was shit and none of us wanted to be there

i will probably do some of the better deals and use the lions club to get away game tickets, i still think i'll do around 15 games next year

To be honest I don't know. There's no excitement or enjoyment of going down there anymore which I blame McLeish for (and by that respect I guess Lerner is the culprit for appointing him).

To be honest I don't know. There's no excitement or enjoyment of going down there anymore which I blame McLeish for (and by that respect I guess Lerner is the culprit for appointing him).

This, i've been going down the Villa for nearly 30 years and ST holder for most of that and i can't remember a time where it's such an effort to go and watch the club i love.

I'm undecided, but most likely no - because of McLeish (which is how I've voted). Been a season ticket holder for 15 years (with a 5 year break in the middle when I was at Uni, then broke), but it's just not enjoyable going to VP anymore. I used to love heading to the ground with the anticipation that, regardless of who we were playing, we would give it a go and might sneak a result. Remember the days not so long ago when we used to play better against the "big" teams? Now I'm filled with a feeling of the inevitable negativity in my head squashing any optimism that my be coming from my heart. I go to the games with my Mum who stood in the Holte all the way through the bad years of relegation down to the third division, and even she says that she's never been so pessimistic about the way the Villa are heading.

I moved to Hertfordshire 2 years ago and still kept my ST, so it's not really the cost or time that it takes up. It's just not enjoyable anymore, and with no sign of improvement on the horizon, I can't justify the £2k+ to myself that it costs for my tickets, travel, food and drinks.

This, i've been going down the Villa for nearly 30 years and ST holder for most of that and i can't remember a time where it's such an effort to go and watch the club i love.

May I ask how you voted out of interest?

You certainly can Sir, i voted that i wont be renewing because of McLeish and thats down to the sort of football thats being served up and all the excuses that comes with it and i know we've had periods in the past with dire football but as i said i have no enjoyment in going at the moment.

I think it's great that the kids are getting a chance even thou it's more through necessity than anything else but i just hope their development and natural attacking instincts are not hindered with Mcleish negative style of football.

I didnt have a season ticket last year but due to the £295 season ticket I have bought one for next season. Not voted though as I don't currently have a season ticket, so effectively not renewing.

I imagine this low price will help keep our season ticket sales respectable.

Lerner can't ignore that fact villa have had to sell them at such a low price because of Mcleish though.

As for me I'll be renewing. Even though it's shit football and crap results going to villa is something I've done with my dad and brothers for years and it's something we'll keep doing together.

Not renewing, I voted Mcleash but its Randy too as he brought him in.

There are 5 of us sitting together, all held season tickets since late 70's early 80's and as none use any forum except me I will tell you that none of them will be renewing for the same reason, 3 say they will renew if AM is sacked 2 still womnt be renewing because of RL's lack of vision and negative appointments.

My one mate who is the upper holte 5 rows in front of me wont be renewing because of AM too and there are 2 girls that site just behind us who have said they will not be either. So many people in the pub saying the same though all said they would renew if relegated and no AM.

I chose No - Because of Lerner - but realistically I blame Faulkner for appointing McLeish, and I know that if we survive this relegation scrap, McLeish will still be here, and not much is likely to change (football style, poor passing, no real commitment, stupid conceding of goals) and it'll all be even more frustrating than this season.

This season was my first ST season too...

The Football hasn’t been good value for money anywhere for a number of years.

Yesterday was one of the worst games I’ve ever seen. It was truly appalling and was the epitome of some woeful displays we’ve seen home and away this season.

I am a very positive person when it comes to the Villa; but decided after the Wigan away game that McLeish was never going to be up to the task. That said, I still felt excitement and anticipation going into the next games with a “we’ll do these attitude”, but after yesterday, I feel like my guts have been ripped out.

I said on the way back that it was only the opportunity of the away scheme that would lead me to renew, but to be honest, that’s a fallacy, as the away support has collapsed with the home.

I will renew. There’s no guarantees as a football fan and if your lot is with the Villa, then we have to endure this appalling ineptitude and know that it will be a forgotten footnote in our history, sooner rather than later.

I said on the way back that it was only the opportunity of the away scheme that would lead me to renew, but to be honest, that’s a fallacy, as the away support has collapsed with the home.

lions clubs get 20 tickets to every away game so im hoping i can use them rather than having to renew to get them, we'll still sell out a few i reckon