ST renewal (only vote if a current ST holder)

TrentVilla

As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?

• Yes - I've already renewed or will do so no matter what
    • Yes - When we are safe
    • No - Because of McLeish
    • No - Because of Lerner
    • No - Because of a non football related reason

My wife let me watch the Liverpool and Stoke games on the TV while we were on our honeymoon.

I gave up on the Stoke game as soon as Gardner gave away the free kick. I even told the chap next to me 'needless foul, cross will go in, Huth will rise miles above any Villa player and nod it in'...I called it correctly. So disappointing.

I'm swapping stuff around at work so I can see the Bolton and Spurs games...I'm not sure why as I know they'll be crap!

Just been telephoned by Donna from AVFC ticket office enquiring whether I will be renewing my 2 season tickets for next season.

I told her that I would not be renewing. She asked me why and I told her that I am not prepared to pay in excess of £1000 to watch crap and be depressed after each game. I said that as long as McLeish was in charge then I would not be back at VP. I told her that if things changed and he was no longer in charge then I would be back and that I would rather watch Championship football under a decent manager than Premiership football under McLeish.

She thanked me for the feedback and stated that all calls were recorded.

You'll probably receive anthrax through the post now from Mr Lerner.

Anthrax in the post would be more exciting than watching a McLeish inspired Villa.

I think I speak for lots of fans when I say I'd rather take the anthrax that watch the crap we are served up at Villa Park.

Just been telephoned by Donna from AVFC ticket office enquiring whether I will be renewing my 2 season tickets for next season.

I told her that I would not be renewing. She asked me why and I told her that I am not prepared to pay in excess of £1000 to watch crap and be depressed after each game. I said that as long as McLeish was in charge then I would not be back at VP. I told her that if things changed and he was no longer in charge then I would be back and that I would rather watch Championship football under a decent manager than Premiership football under McLeish.

She thanked me for the feedback and stated that all calls were recorded.

How come they are are always calling you? I have two season tickets and no one's called me. I'm now feeling left out so I won't renew because of that. So there Donna if you are reading this :D

People have to make a stand and say enough is enough. Its all well and good saying stand by the club but when the lunatics are running the asylum and making millions of pounds per season from it and living the good life without trying hard, whilst all we get is abject misery then action is required :nod:

They've rung us a few weeks ago and my Dad was pretty diplomatic despite his feelings towards McLeish. However he has completely lost patience now and can't wait for them to ring again so he can give them both barrels (politely of course).

I've stopped going this season despite having a season ticket. Sure as hell not going to pay for the pleasure of having an empty seat represent me at VP. I'm going to Villa Spurs to say goodbye and thats that for me until the football improves, which I imagine will coincide with the departure of AM.

For those that do the stats I've had a season ticket for 26 years (or so).

This /\

Already spent my ST money for next year on something guarenteed to give me years of enjoyment, not 19 games of misery and dis-enjoyment.

I voted no-Mcleish. He's actually had enough time to work his magic. And it made me ill. Don't enjoy it anymore...

Other factors for me include;

- spending time with my family on one of only two days off a week I get.

- other hobbies and interests that currently give me more enjoyment and value for money

- costs of getting to and from the game (train, bus, car or whatever)

- top flight football is shite and broken, filled with greed and overpaid (disgustingly overpaid), ungrateful and cheating players (Ashley Young for Man U against QPR).

- Shit refs... and always in favour of the big teams; look at Chelsea and Man U games at the weekend. You all know it to be true.

- Life's too short to be wasting time getting depressed at Villa Park.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Raver will return when the shroud of the dark side has been lifted from VP.

How much do Thai Bride's cost to hire these days?

Nah, they are over rated...

Move along.

Gabby has been wheeled out by the PR machine to try and sell STs and it is quite frankly embarassing.

Agbonlahor paid tribute to the club's supporters for being patient during a season of transition.

"I think the fans know it has been a hard season from what they have been used to in recent years; trips to Wembley and trying to get in the Champions League," he said.

"It has been tough for them. But I think if you ask most of them I think that no matter what they will support the team, and buy season tickets for the team they love.

"They will support us no matter what. They will stick with us through good and bad.

"There have been some good times while I have played for the club and hopefully the fans will stick with us through the not so good times."

Gabby has been wheeled out by the PR machine to try and sell STs and it is quite frankly embarassing.

Agbonlahor paid tribute to the club's supporters for being patient during a season of transition.

"I think the fans know it has been a hard season from what they have been used to in recent years; trips to Wembley and trying to get in the Champions League," he said.

"It has been tough for them. But I think if you ask most of them I think that no matter what they will support the team, and buy season tickets for the team they love.

"They will support us no matter what. They will stick with us through good and bad.

"There have been some good times while I have played for the club and hopefully the fans will stick with us through the not so good times."

:puke:

Perhaps he should start justifying his wage at villa and pull out some decent performances before he starts begging the supporters to renew

Talk is cheap

Just horrible.

It seems Gabby is the go to guy for this kind of bullshit, they clearly used him previously to try and get fans not to get on McLeish's back. You can just imagine how they think, Gabby is a local boy, he is one of us who better to try and get to try and convince people to buy ST's. Perhaps making him captain was the payback because I can see no other logical reason for him being skipper other than the fact he isn't 14 like most of our other players.

This though is pretty desperate, it would seem that this poll might just be an accurate(ish) representation of what is happening with tickets sales.

I can't ever remember our club pulling such a desperate stunt.

These poll results are pretty bad, even if only half these figures were extrapolated up to actual ticket renewals. It would still be a 30% drop.

I haven't voted because I don't have a season ticket, but I can't bring myself to go, it's painful enough watching Villa on the box this season, let alone trekking a couple of hundred miles to watch it live.

Just horrible.

It seems Gabby is the go to guy for this kind of bullshit, they clearly used him previously to try and get fans not to get on McLeish's back. You can just imagine how they think, Gabby is a local boy, he is one of us who better to try and get to try and convince people to buy ST's. Perhaps making him captain was the payback because I can see no other logical reason for him being skipper other than the fact he isn't 14 like most of our other players.

This though is pretty desperate, it would seem that this poll might just be an accurate(ish) representation of what is happening with tickets sales.

I can't ever remember our club pulling such a desperate stunt.

I think it was more like "who on earth is thick enough to come out with a pre written statement like that!" :winkold:

Looking at the poll results it seems that we have 99 no's to 58 yes's but if we go down it will go 111 no's to 46!