Stan Petrov

LondonLax

It is an honor to be able to say that such an inspiring man represented the club I love.

Players with Stan's never say die attitude both on and off the pitch sadly don't come around too often and we are so lucky to have had him at our club.I really hope he can be a part of this club in some other capacity if not then the time that he represented this club will live long in my memory.

All the best Stan and thank you.

I remember watching Petrov during his bad patch at VP, I remember screaming for him to get substituted - which he did at half time and we ended up winning the game.

However, he won be back over with his gutsy performances and leading the team out as captain. He certainty grew on me as a player and in my eyes become a key figure at VP.

Gutted that we'll never see him play again, and he seems a generally nice guy!

He goes into the list of villa Legends for me, along with the recent additions of Mellberg and Larson. 

19th minute! {clap clap clap}

I don't like the word retirement for footballers. It's not really retirement in your thirties, but rather the start of a new phase of your life - a long life out of football playing. So I wish Petrov a long and happy new life doing whatever new adventure he embarks on.

Nice one Stan, and good luck!

i will be honest and say ive never been a fan of stan, i wasnt exactly pleased when we signed him, however, this season we have certainly missed whatever it is that stan brings to the midfield, weve had a few cheeky goals from him and his workrate has always been something that others should look to

not only this, but nobody, whether it be an over paid footballer or local council litter picker, should go through what stan has so for that i take my hat off to him

regarding the club on this matter, they need to look at themselves and see what cr#p we have in our midfield, so in turn sell most of the crud and search for the next 'Stan'

Good Luck for the future Stan! Enjoy your life away from the game and concentrate on getting back to the best of health. You are an inspiration to all and you will be remembered by the Villa faithful for a very long time. Hope to still see you at Villa Park cheering on the boys!

With regards to Stan's charity; maybe the club could donate £19 out of every season ticket each season? 20k tickets sold would mean £380k per season going into the pot and Villa fans will have been part of it.

Will always remember his debut at west ham. A fabulous performance and he went on to be a great captain for us.

Look forward to seeing him on the pitch after the final whistle

You will be and have been missed this season in our shirt and as our playing captain Stan. Stay strong, enjoy the additional time your retirement from the game will give you with your family and thanks for what you have done for our football club. I look forward to seeing you at Villa Park on Saturday post game and do come back and see us at Villa Park when you are free to do so in future seasons. Thanks captain!

Keep on fighting Stan. Good luck in your new venture, we all know you of all people can help make a difference in people's lives in some way.

We will miss you on the pitch representing the Villa though.

Â