Stan Petrov

LondonLax

I imagine this has been announced now to ensure he gets a proper send off on Saturday.

Which I am absolutely positive he will. In fact it's giving me chills just thinking about it.

One of the best captains I can remember. Great leader, fantastic ball retention and intercepting, committed and came up with some crucial goals. We have missed him greatly. However, unselfishly, I am delighted that he is in remission and he will get the send off he deserves on Saturday. Thanks for everything Stan.

Edited by The_Steve

Keep Fighting Stan.

Villa Legend

Anyone know if you can still buy Support Stan shirts in the club shop in town?

Not sure but they were still in the villa village 2 weeks ago and the wrist bands

Does the 19th minute round of applause continue next season?  When does it stop?

Personally I think it should stop after this season. A whole season was a fantastic gesture but let's face it, it has to stop at some point and it would be an elegant solution to discontinue it from the point where the man himself has moved on to the next stage in his life.
  • Like 1

Does the 19th minute round of applause continue next season?  When does it stop?

Personally I think it should stop after this season. A whole season was a fantastic gesture but let's face it, it has to stop at some point and it would be an elegant solution to discontinue it from the point where the man himself has moved on to the next stage in his life.

Massively agree with this. Perhaps the club will maintain links with his foundation (which was mentioned in his statement) going forward.

The 19th minute should stop from next season for me. 

It's been an immense tribute so the last thing you want is it to become a half arsed thing people sort of join in with, then just stop and the club is left not knowing whether to back it or not.

Â