Stan Petrov

LondonLax

Let's put this in perspective:

Zidane, Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, Busquets, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, Yaya Toure.

Stan is nowhere near these guys, let alone players like Barry, Milner, Gerrard, Lampard, Fellaini.

Hell, he's not even in the same league as Kevin Nolan.

I have no idea why your rattling off world class players like that and saying Stan is nowhere near their level.

Hes a solid CM who does well for a midtable club, Nolan is around the same level.

Because, if you read the posts that lead up to it, you would see that it was it was in response to some posters complaining that myself and others were saying that in terms of ability, Stan was rather average.

Did I say he was shit? No, of course not, just average.

You went and destroyed all credit you had by saying Stan wasn't in Nolans league. I agree that Stan was an average premier league player but to say Nolan was anything more than that is utter madness.

Edited by limvillian

• 4 weeks later...

See the odd picture of him around BH etc but dont really get many updates, how long in general are people usually in remission?

Speaking from experience, one would want to be in remission for the rest of their life. A 'cure' is not a word thrown around so much with (adult) leukaemia and despite treatment being potentially curative (I.e. a bone marrow/stem cell transplant) the aim is to reach a remission state and hopefully stay there. Getting to remission isn't the hardest part of treatment more often than not, it is staying there. The longer one is in remission the greater chance of the cancer (leukaemia) not returning.

I never thought he was a great player......but he was a great Villa player.

Theres a difference.

I think the word your looking for is "Servant"

Agree with that.

Thing is, he did the easy things very well. Played with a cool head, and was always talking and geeing people up. Unlike some, i never had a bad word for him, and all the above ive mentioned, are things we have missed this season.

Also, of the pitch, the man is a real star, and will give everyone the time of day. Something that is overlooked with the modern footballer image.

• 2 weeks later...

Would love him to take up a coaching role. Seems a really popular guy round the place so that can only be a positive thing.

I didn't know his contract was up this Summer either. £55k p/w off the books in the Summer may loosen the purse strings a bit hopefully.

I wish him well in his recovery - i hope he has many more years in front of him.

To me I only realised how good he was - when he wasn't there.  That season under houllier we fell apart when he got injured - and to a lesser extent in the Mcleish season. 

yeah main thing still is his recovery but encouraging from the club as im sure once recovered they will take care of him and find a position whether in coaching or maybe an office position like they do at most European clubs

I didn't know his contract was up this Summer either. £55k p/w off the books in the Summer may loosen the purse strings a bit hopefully.

i would assume that medical insurance has been paying his salary since he was diagnosed.

• 3 weeks later...

There's an update on him on the OS [i'd put a link here if I wasn't so crap, but I kinda figure you all know where it is].

I really hope he can make it to the ground for a match before the end of the season (health depending) - it would be great for the fans who have shown their love for him, and give the team a massive lift.

Keep fighting and stay strong Stan.

Â