Stan Petrov

LondonLax

I really want to see him come on at the end of the last home game of the season :( But yeah, it would be good to just see him there if possible.

Keep him on as a coach / ambassador / anything.

When he is healthier, register him for a week and bring him on for 5 minutes.

Oh and get the stadium roof insured, as it would be 'raised'!

Really think we should do something special on the last day of the season, not sure if he'd be able to come on for the last 5 minutes of the match as Mantis said but it'd be great if he could. BBC have him in our squad on their site.

Edited by samjp26

Keep fighting stan. I think stan might say a few word at the Chelsea game, that would be awesome. I think a lot of fans would find  a bit of grit in the eye. He has to stay with us in some role in the future. I guess his playing days are probably over, but only he can make that call.  Same with the 19 min thing- if he wants it to stop, it should stop. But if he finds comfort in it, it should carry on. The main thing is that he keeps on getting better.

What a guy.

On another note, does anybody think we will/should stop the minutes applause from next season?

I would say we should do it until we can get a midfielder of his calibre and quality in the team but I think we'll probably be waiting a long time for that.

He's already registered isn't he?

He is registered this season, but seems nowhere near to being able to get on the field.

My point was that is would be great to get him on for a few minutes when his health allows. If this means registering him in August 2014 for the first home game, chuck him on for a few minutes, then don't include him in the final squad for the season that we submit at the end of August, great.

Sorry if my comment confused - I would really love to see him back in the shirt for just a few minutes; the details don't matter!

What a guy.

On another note, does anybody think we will/should stop the minutes applause from next season?

I would say we should do it until we can get a midfielder of his calibre and quality in the team but I think we'll probably be waiting a long time for that.

thats a strange reason. its like saying we are only doing the applause because of his talent and not the person

What a guy.

thats a strange reason. its like saying we are only doing the applause because of his talent and not the person

It was more of a tongue in cheek reference to how much better he is than the rest of our midfielders.

In all honest I don't know when we should stop, certainly not while he's still fighting at least.

is he still going to play football, or its over for the legend.

he been true hell.

He's just short of 34, hasn't played football for 13 months, and his recovery is far from over, I'd be amazed if he plays another game, except perhaps a token substitute appearance so we can cheer him off.

Edited by Davkaus

It says in the video that he needs the ok from his doctor before he goes into large crowds. Would love to see him make just a few minutes in our last game, but seems highly unlikely.

Edited by Daniel

Â