Stan Petrov

LondonLax

Let's put this in perspective:

Zidane, Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, Busquets, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, Yaya Toure.

Stan is nowhere near these guys, let alone players like Barry, Milner, Gerrard, Lampard, Fellaini.

Hell, he's not even in the same league as Kevin Nolan.

Zidane, Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, Busquets, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, Yaya Toure.

Stan is nowhere near these guys, let alone players like Barry, Milner, Gerrard, Lampard, Fellaini.

Of course he's not on the same level as the likes of Xavi, Zidane, Iniesta etc. That doesn't mean he's average though.

Stan is so criminally underrated by a lot of Villa fans. Of course he's better than Kevin bloody Nolan. It's no coincidence that in recent seasons our worst periods of form have come with him out of the team.

Edited by Mantis

Strange strange post in a Stan tribute/get well thread

You on a wind up son

A strange post from you considering you're one of the biggest wind-ups on this place.

I'm just stating my opinion. If you could stop crying for a minute and read the rest of my posts you would see that I rate him in other ways, just not in terms of footballing ability. I'm not going to keep repeating myself though so if you don't get it through your thick skull this time, there's no hope for you.

Mantis, you selectively quoted my post. I mentioned other players such as Barry and Kevin Nolan and you ignored them. Might be that you don't agree and you think Stan is on par or even better than they are. Fair enough if you do, but I don't and that's my opinion.

Strange strange post in a Stan tribute/get well thread

You on a wind up son

A strange post from you considering you're one of the biggest wind-ups on this place.

I'm just stating my opinion. If you could stop crying for a minute and read the rest of my posts you would see that I rate him in other ways, just not in terms of footballing ability. I'm not going to keep repeating myself though so if you don't get it through your thick skull this time, there's no hope for you.

Mantis, you selectively quoted my post. I mentioned other players such as Barry and Kevin Nolan and you ignored them. Might be that you don't agree and you think Stan is on par or even better than they are. Fair enough if you do, but I don't and that's my opinion.

I didn't selectively quote your post. What, do you expect me to recite every single name you posted and say which ones I think are better and which ones are worse?

And yes I did mention Kevin Nolan. As for Barry, I'd probably say he's better but not by a great deal.

And thus always goes the internet... 

Set up a thread to keep track of the progress through severe illness of a much loved and highly regarded player whose absence from the team has been a massive blow - there simply couldn't be any rational argument about that - and eventually some people get bored and start picking his reputation to pieces.

By the evidence here, 40 pages is too long for some.

Edited by briny_ear

Get off your high horse Briny, no-one is picking his reputation to pieces ffs.

A couple of us were just stating our opinion that in terms of footballing ability Stan is relatively average.

I don't think anyone here has a bad word to say about him as a leader or as a person. In that regard, Stan is world class.

Will be honest, during our glory days didn't really rate him but can agree with an earlier post of how underrated he is by villa fans! Not just because he's ill now either, more because its now clear he provided that solidity in midfield we are quite clearly lacking! Get well soon big man!

I have no idea why your rattling off world class players like that and saying Stan is nowhere near their level.

Hes a solid CM who does well for a midtable club, Nolan is around the same level.

Edited by AndyM3000

I have no idea why your rattling off world class players like that and saying Stan is nowhere near their level.

Hes a solid CM who does well for a midtable club, Nolan is around the same level.

Because, if you read the posts that lead up to it, you would see that it was it was in response to some posters complaining that myself and others were saying that in terms of ability, Stan was rather average.

Did I say he was shit? No, of course not, just average.

Â