Stan Petrov

LondonLax

Not the most technically gifted player ever seen at VP but a true fighter and committed to the cause.

Overall, despite a handful of good goals late in his villa career, I thought his shooting was pretty crap.

Not the most technically gifted player ever seen at VP but a true fighter and committed to the cause.

Overall, despite a handful of good goals late in his villa career, I thought his shooting was pretty crap.

If you dont mind, gratefully, How about you take your misinformed negative bollocks off this thread.

If you dont mind, gratefully, How about you take your misinformed negative bollocks off this thread.

but he is right though was a fair comment nothing abusive towards Stan.  I was never his biggest fan when he played and ive no problem admitting that though his football ability is irrelevant at the moment as his health is the main issue for him and his family

But Stan has a great shot on him, and as a holding midfielder is top 6 quality. As he demonstrated 3 years running and beyond really.

I'll refer you back to something you said earlier...

"If you dont mind, gratefully, How about you take your misinformed negative bollocks off this thread."

He was never top 6 quality and he had a decent enough shot on him, let's not skew the facts.

I wish him nothing but the best, and I do think we miss his leadership and workrate, but, as Pacbuddies said earlier, he's never been the most techically gifted.

People are comparing us to the way we were when Stan was playing, but our centre midfield was crap then too and has been for years now. Milner was the only decent CM I can think of from recent times.

Edited by Ginko

But Stan has a great shot on him, and as a holding midfielder is top 6 quality. As he demonstrated 3 years running and beyond really.

I'll refer you back to something you said earlier...

"If you dont mind, gratefully, How about you take your misinformed negative bollocks off this thread."

He was never top 6 quality and he had a decent enough shot on him, let's not skew the facts.

I wish him nothing but the best, and I do think we miss his leadership and workrate, but, as Pacbuddies said earlier, he's never been the most techically gifted.

People are comparing us to the way we were when Stan was playing, but our centre midfield was crap then too and has been for years now. Milner was the only decent CM I can think of from recent times.

Barry?

Stan was a good footballer, some might say "decent". That's not revisionism from me, I've always felt the same. 

I've always enjoyed watching him play. As I've said before, I've seen a few times true world

Class play out of Stan eg. West Ham on his debut and his holding DM role when we beat Ci£y 1-0 on Bents debut was absolute world class. As I said on Page 1 of this thread "Villa Legend".

Fair enough if you always thought Stan was as good as CI was claiming, I personally didn't rate him all that highly. I didn't think he was bad, just average, but our CM o the whole has been pretty piss-poor.

As for Barry, yes he was a great CM. I wasn't very specific when I said "from recent times", I know, but I was more referring to the last three seasons.

Barry and Milner are of a different class to Stan though.

Edited by Ginko

You're a moron "son".

You make it seem as if anyone who criticises the man as a footballer somehow wishes him ill concerning his medical situation. Grow up.

Like I said. He's a great guy, a great leader and we could do with him being involved with the players right now. All I said was that as a footballer, he's not as good as some are making out, in my opinion of course.

Edited by Ginko

Why bring negativity around Stan to this thread ? Take it elsewhere son

. I too wish him well, but he was a pretty average player. Thats not negative, its an honest opinion held by many. Other people are entitled to disagree with you.

Â