Stan Petrov

LondonLax

Just finished my leukemia treatment, 1233 days of chemotherapy finished :)

To those of you being at every game, keep up the good work supporting Stan, i get chills every time i watch a game on the telly and see you guys standinding up at the 19th minute.

Good on you fella, whenever I'm clapping Petrov I will be clapping you as well. Keep fighting the fight mate.

To those of you being at every game, keep up the good work supporting Stan, i get chills every time i watch a game on the telly and see you guys standinding up at the 19th minute.

Top man

• Like 1

Well done mate. You have my utmost respect and good luck for the future.

If we were to win it then seeing him lift the cup would probably rank as my proudest moment ever as a Villa fan.

I'll be 39 next week but if this happened I would be crying like a baby at Wembley.

• Like 1

I'll be 39 next week but if this happened I would be crying like a baby a Wembley.

Your not the only one mate! I could barely hold it together at the Chelsea match just after news broke, if he lifted a cup for us, I would well and truly lose it, but in a good way!

• 3 weeks later...

of all the players signed and sold during the O'Neill boom or bust era, Stan is the player we miss the most, it's a crying shame for all of us that he isn't involved, Sure he would have helped Lambert out a great deal.

Lets just be thankful he's beating this disease.

of all the players signed and sold during the O'Neill boom or bust era, Stan is the player we miss the most, it's a crying shame for all of us that he isn't involved, Sure he would have helped Lambert out a great deal.

Lets just be thankful he's beating this disease.

Totally agree. We are crying out at the moment for a couple of players with Stans leadership qualities and never say die attitude. The man can simply be summed up by the fact that a day after finding out he had Leukaemia he still wanted to be involved against Chelsea before starting his treatment two days later.

Stan Petrovs come round once in a blue moon and I am so proud to say he graced the shirt of the club I love.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Absolutely fantastic news mate. Really chuffed for you. I recently celebrated 6 years since my diagnosis for A.L.L and I get goose bumps every time I witness the Petrov 19th minute applause.

• Like 1

We would be a much better side if he were playing now. I look back at those two fantastic midfields we had under O'Neill and despite the stick he got from some for not quite being as mercurial as Barry, or as heroic as Milner, he earned the right to be in their company.

He was an outstanding servant to this club and a deserved captain of one of the better sides in recent Aston Villa history. The fact that they clearly underachieved is in no way related to the ability of Stiliyan Petrov.

We miss him. Our thoughts never stop being with you number 19.

• Like 2

Â