Stan Petrov

LondonLax

• 4 weeks later...
Bulgaria Prime Minister Boiko Borisov agrees play in a charity match against Aston Villa to raise funds for children with leukaemia. Aston Villa captain Stiliyan Petrov has undergone treatment for the illness.
"The match between Bulgarian Stars and Aston Villa will take place on May 25 at the Vasil Levski national stadium," the Bulgarian Football Association say.

From the BBC website.
Just a shame that it won't be at Villa Park.
However, I would expect he will get a testimonial (v Celtic?) and the place will be packed.

Bet they score from a corner ;)

Support Stan

I still hold a faint hope that we'll see him for the last minute of the last home game. You just never know.

That would be amazing. Sorry if this is common knowledge, but is there any chance of him returning to play for Villa in the future?

I still hold a faint hope that we'll see him for the last minute of the last home game. You just never know.

This has GOT to happen hasn't it?

I very much doubt he's registered

That would be amazing. Sorry if this is common knowledge, but is there any chance of him returning to play for Villa in the future?

It's not common knowledge, but unfortunately I'd be very very surprised if he did.

I may be wrong, but I'm sure he was registered in our squad at the start of the season.

I may be wrong, but I'm sure he was registered in our squad at the start of the season.

lets hope that's true then, coz Chelsea at Villa park, Big Crowd. Would be a fitting end if that's what it is to be. Whatever our league position. 

ref should let us bring him on with 19 seconds to go at least :)

He is. I was just reading the updated squad lists, and Petrov was indeed included in our 25.

He is. I was just reading the updated squad lists, and Petrov was indeed included in our 25.

He's still got a squad number, but I doubt he's registered with the PL as an elligible player.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

Edit: Googled it, and you're right!

He is regisered. happy days.

Edited by Stevo985

in fariness to the players I think about 90% of them are working hard. they just arent good enough.

on Stan I dont think he will be on the pitch for us in a playing capacity again though I do see club keeping him on when he recovers maybe as an ambassador or even if fit enough a coach

Â