Stan Petrov

LondonLax

Nice words from Gareth and shows how highly regarded Stan is and how under rated he was by some supporters. I'd imagine someone like Stan is great to play alongside and those that have played alongside would appreciate how crucial he is to the team. We have certainly found that out the hard way.

Nice words from Gareth and shows how highly regarded Stan is and how under rated he was by some supporters. I'd imagine someone like Stan is great to play alongside and those that have played alongside would appreciate how crucial he is to the team. We have certainly found that out the hard way.

agree with all of that, mark.

Not the quickest our stan.... but a presence player and well missed IMO.

people i know well tell me me is a fabulous guy.

Petrov wont play for Villa again, of that much I'm sure.

Great servant to the club but his legs had started to go last season and I just cant see him regaining match fitness again. I hope he comes back in some capacity though, even if he just came out before a game like Laursen did a couple of years ago. The reception would be huge.

Legend.

Not only what a nice guy Stan is but also his friend and former hero Gareth Barry! Keep fighting Stan we''re all behind you! I woul love to see him in a Villa shirt once again even if it's a one off game against Celtic.

I am shocked horrified and appalled the pedal for petrov fundraiser.

Went to the site to make a donation and was horrified to see tgey have only raised 45k

If every villa plyer offered even half a weeks wage they would have raise the target of 250k

Can the mods please post something on the main page asking pp to support this cause?

If anyone has contacts within the club please mention this as its a very poor reflection on the club that a fundraiser is failing so badly when its supporting our club captain!!!

It's not "failing badly" in my eyes, not is it a "very poor reflection" on the Club. That's a bizarre way to look at it.

45 grand is a very lot of money. A friend just did LE to JO'G and he raised about 2K.

Whatever they raise, I'm sure lukemia reaearch will be pleased with it.

It would be good, though, you're right, if more footballers were to get involved - a lot of current and former Villa players have donated quite large sums, mind.

Went to the site to make a donation and was horrified to see tgey have only raised 45k

If every villa plyer offered even half a weeks wage they would have raise the target of 250k

Can the mods please post something on the main page asking pp to support this cause?

If anyone has contacts within the club please mention this as its a very poor reflection on the club that a fundraiser is failing so badly when its supporting our club captain!!!

I disagree entirely.

Fundraising isn't about the rich giving half their wages. its about everyone mucking in and pulling together and helping raise awareness.

I disagree entirely.

Fundraising isn't about the rich giving half their wages. its about everyone mucking in and pulling together and helping raise awareness.

This.

the reactions of people on here saddens me to be honest...

if the players cant "muck in" when the club captain is involved then i think thats is a very poor reflection on them and on the club.

45k isnt even a weeks wages for a good few members of the villa first team and in that respect it is not a significant amount of money.

I have lost all respect for users of this forum based on this feedback and that noone has even attempted to publicise or get behind a cause that has been setup in a large respect to help someone so closely related to a club you all profess to love so much.

It sickens me to the core that people care so little about our club captain that they are condoning the players not publicly supporting this cause.

My works recently raised 40k in a day for GOSH

I'm a bit appalled but not shocked by what the villa players have donated

Ireland bent Dunne get your wallets out for a noble cause you words removed

Â