Stan Petrov

LondonLax

yeah that video was a bolt from the blue....

we slag these players off from time to time and its easy to forget normal things happen to them too...

looking forward to supporting Stan next season...

Keep fighting Stan!!!!!!

It's great to see Petrov still at the club and staying as involved as possible. That video was very emotional and reminded me of just how great a guy Stan is.

I remember taking my brother to VP for the first time (2-2 draw with Wolves a few seasons back) and we stayed behind afterwards by the car park gates hoping to get some autographs. To be fair quite alot of the players stopped to sign stuff and i remember my brother asking Jimmy Milner why he'd scored in the wrong goal which caused a few smiles. However Stan stood out from the others. He pulled up to the gates in his car and instead of just signing a few programmes and driving off he actually got out and spent a good 20/30 minutes talking and taking photos with all the fans, he even introduced his wife and kids as well. Words can't rightly justify the experience as it was quite surreal but one thing is for certain; Stan Petrov is a great guy and we all wish him well.

cheers Milenko - christmas will be a real 'cracker'* for you this year then :lol:

*sorry

good luck with the rest of it and here's hoping Stan follows his path with good fortune too.

we slag these players off from time to time and its easy to forget normal things happen to them too...

Yet only Collins of all people bothered to get up and see how he was when clearly upset.

yeah and Collins gets some of the most abuse!

maybe he was pissed :winkold:

OT slightly, but was do bad things happen to the genuinely good guys?

Still, very happy to see him out and about, and just to echo what everyone else has said, that video certainly tugs at the heart strings.

Still cant help wonder why only Collins and another lad got up to put an arm round his should when he was upset?

Sometimes football just doesn't matter , I wish him a full, speedy recovery and future happiness.

Best thing you've posted since you've been on here! :D

You are right tho, sometimes we all need to take a step back and realise what truely matters in life....and it certainly isnt football!

Wow, we really will try to criticise everything won't we :) Maybe the rest wanted to give him a minute to gather himself.

Anyway, yeah, I was sad watching it and then I was angry and just thought "Beat that bastard illness".

What i mean Bri, is that they are supposed to be a team, they spend throughout a season more time with their team mates than with their missus. I dont know, i think i was just expecting a bit more passion towards the guy who has been their leader on the pitch for so many years.

I know what you mean. I offered a potential explanation. But my point is we're still trying to find fault with our players even in this most levelling of experiences. What hope have we got when they're actually on the pitch :)

Â