Stan Petrov

LondonLax

I think my comments got took out of context on the previous page...i wasnt having a go at the players, but this isnt the thread to start squabbling.

So, what happens now for Stan? Is it just a waiting game?

We don't know how long Stan had been at BMH before this scene was shot. He may have been there for a couple of hours, chatted with everybody, had a good cry and hug with everyone and then said "ok ok, I'm just a bit emotional, please don't make a fuss lads".

:)

I really don't think anything after the song should have been put on the internet, if the canteen scene should have been at all. It was an intensely private moment that should stay within the club IMO - we shouldn't have the 'privilege' of seeing Stan break down like that.

We are the club. He also shed a tear in the stands, should BBC/SKY not have broadcast that either?

Have you seen the support stan campaign?? we are in this together as a club.

No, I haven't seen the Support Stan campaign - what is it again?

• 2 weeks later...
Keep fighting Stan we are all in your corner right behind you.
That we are. Whatever happens on the pitch, Stan getting better is more important than any trophy that we will compete for next or any season!

Alistair Campbell just tweeted:

Apologies to Sunday Mail Glasgow. Was given wrong info re Stiliyan Petrov. Treatment going well but not yet in remission @beatbloodcancer

Pretty fuming about this. Surely you'd make absolutely sure that you had this correct before putting the news out there?

Apologies to Sunday Mail Glasgow. Was given wrong info re Stiliyan Petrov. Treatment going well but not yet in remission @beatbloodcancer

Pretty fuming about this. Surely you'd make absolutely sure that you had this correct before putting the news out there?

Apologies to Stan Petrov too surely you smug tw@t Campbell?

Apologies to Stan Petrov too surely you smug tw@t Campbell?

Not just that. But shouldn't it be up to Stan when news about his condition is updated? What a complete bellend.

Irritating to see that Alastair Campbell is still turning everything he touches in public life to a complete f***ing disaster.

We should only be listening to what Stan says about his treatment and he is positive but much more realistic about what lies ahead. As for Campbell, button it.

• 2 weeks later...

latest, excellent news if true

Everybody got excited when Alistair Campbell unfortunately said Stan was in remission previously when it wasn't accurate, but Karl has confirmed tonight that the great news is now true.

Tweeting:

'I have been asked by Stan to say a massive thanks to all of you as he has just received the fantastic news that he is in remission. But will have to be monitored for the foreseeable future. Once again thanks to you all for your ongoing support.'

read more here

Â