Stan Petrov

LondonLax

Yeah, I had a little look on BlueMoon and they seemed absolutely baffled by the "sick chants" accusation. Although a few admitted they didn't join in the 19th minute clap cos they didn't know what on earth was happening, they said everyone applauded when Petrov was mentioned at half-time. They seem to be blaming United fans for the rumour. Nothing to see here, move along.

Just a question to those saying they're disappointed the players havn't donated a weeks wage, when your mates/work colleagues etc are fundraising do you usually sponsor them a quarter of the your monthly 'take home' wage packet?

If you do then fair enough criticise away, although you should note that these players will not see £45k a week by the time the Government has got hold of it. I know they earn atronomical amounts comapred to us but you have to remember it's relevant, they probably have a much higher mortgage, can't be cheap filling Bentleys and ferrari's up at the pumps these days, wags are expensive to keep etc etc.

I know from my personal experience I tend to chuck a tenner in, if it's somebody I really care about maybe £100, but nowhere near a quarter of my take home monthly wage.

They've donated something, the money will be put to good use that's the important thing.

Agree with this ^

There's also the stigma of following the status quo set by other team mates. If everyone appears to be donating around about £5k, then you might think that you'll appear like Billy Big bollocks by donating £50k.

Just a question to those saying they're disappointed the players havn't donated a weeks wage, when your mates/work colleagues etc are fundraising do you usually sponsor them a quarter of the your monthly 'take home' wage packet?

If you do then fair enough criticise away, although you should note that these players will not see £45k a week by the time the Government has got hold of it. I know they earn atronomical amounts comapred to us but you have to remember it's relevant, they probably have a much higher mortgage, can't be cheap filling Bentleys and ferrari's up at the pumps these days, wags are expensive to keep etc etc.

I know from my personal experience I tend to chuck a tenner in, if it's somebody I really care about maybe £100, but nowhere near a quarter of my take home monthly wage.

They've donated something, the money will be put to good use that's the important thing.

Not like the money has any direct effect on Petrov or his treatment.

He's rich, I guess he has a good health insurance, hence he's getting top notch treatment. It's money raised for research, no matter how much the players donate it's not going to change his outcome or the way of treatment.

Besides theres plenty of research on plenty of diseases, some of them worse then leukemia and a hell of a lot of other issues in this world that could use some funding.

...you should note that these players will not see £45k a week by the time the Government has got hold of it. I know they earn atronomical amounts comapred to us but you have to remember it's relevant, they probably have a much higher mortgage, can't be cheap filling Bentleys and ferrari's up at the pumps these days, wags are expensive to keep etc etc.
not sure if serious.

Posted this on your match thread before, just noticed this one.

On a different note, regarding the Petrov/19th minute clapping thing, I stand near the away fans but I was a bit disappointed with the 'no respect' chant from the away end because the City fans didn't join in - we genuinely didn't have a clue what was going on. I remembered halfway through and tried to join in but if we'd been told about it everyone would've joined in rather than wondering what was going on (we did something identical for Neil Young in 2011 before he died).

As for the accusation of sick chants, thankfully it's yet another example of people making shite up on twitter. An absolutely horrific suggestion.

There was a Villa fan on Talksport this morning (the Alan Brazil show) and he quite blatantly slagged off City supporters for singing anti Petrov songs

Now, if this bloke wasn't there and heard nothing with his own ears he should hang his head in shame. Nothing worse than people spreading shit they don't know is true

I think we should call an end to Petrov/19th min clapping thing now. Certain fans are using it as a stick to beat opposition fans for daring not to join in, and its pathetic. Petrov knows how we feel about him, that's all that matters. It's all a bit mawkish. Time to call it a day.

Certain fans are using it as a stick to beat opposition fans for daring not to join in

I agree that that's out of order and it's completely contrary to the good-spirit that the chant is in. Albeit fairly typical clanish fan behaviour.

Didn't hear anything from the City fans yesterday. Most City fans I know are likeable fans who have sat through the shit, and they were as baffled as I was at the claims that City fans sang anti-Petrov chants.

• 1 month later...
Â