Stan Petrov

LondonLax

I can understand at our away games that the home support don't really know what is happening int he 19th minute. Although I find it hard to believe that there's football supporters that don't know about Stan's illness.

However at our home games isn't there something which appears on the big screen or have they stopped that?

Anyway I wouldn't and haven't moaned at other clubs supporters for not joining in, but as for united they're an utter disgrace, hardly surprising though.

• Like 1

I can understand at our away games that the home support don't really know what is happening int he 19th minute. Although I find it hard to believe that there's football supporters that don't know about Stan's illness.

However at our home games isn't there something which appears on the big screen or have they stopped that?

It is all over the advertising boards that go all the way round the pitch at VP. Folk really have to be blind and thick to not cotton on if you ask me!

Anyway I wouldn't and haven't moaned at other clubs supporters for not joining in, but as for united they're an utter disgrace, hardly surprising though.

Yes they are utterly deluded plastic rocket polishers. Hope they all had a shit journey south travelling home on Saturday night!

There is a Stan Petrov charity game between a Petrov XI and Villa Lions and Legends at the mighty Halesowen Town ground on Sunday. Stan , Gareth Barry and James Milner should be there and all proceeds go to Pedal For Petrov

http://www.ht-fc.com/matchday-a-news/latest-news/2164-stan-petrov-charity-game-sunday-18th.html

If you can make it, it would be great to see you at the Grove, then maybe come along to watch the boys - on a non-Villa day of course!

There is a Stan Petrov charity game between a Petrov XI and Villa Lions and Legends at the mighty Halesowen Town ground on Sunday. Stan , Gareth Barry and James Milner should be there and all proceeds go to Pedal For Petrov

http://www.ht-fc.com/matchday-a-news/latest-news/2164-stan-petrov-charity-game-sunday-18th.html

If you can make it, it would be great to see you at the Grove, then maybe come along to watch the boys - on a non-Villa day of course!

Was just about to say about this

Well it's all kicked off on twitter with me and some united fans. They picked up on my tweets from last week, all fair tbh after hearing and reading what happened.

@thekidlewis if you want to read the wealth of filth coming my way about the Petrov stuf last week

I'm sorry, virtually every proper football fan in the country HAS to be aware of the 19th minute applause by this stage. Either that or they haven't watched a single Villa game on TV in the past year. (Which, to be fair, might be understandable.)

Having said all that, I can understand that a lot of people who go to football games aren't die-hard football fans - especially, and I mean no disrespect, at clubs like Fulham. I have no doubt whatsoever that if these people knew about the ritual they'd join in without hesitation, so the fact that they're being slated for not doing so is very disappointing. If people join in, great. If they don't, I don't think it should be interpreted a slur on Stan.

The United fans' behaviour last week was pathetic (if not unsurprising) and should be publicised. If they chanted "Let him die" during a minute's applause for a sick Liverpool player the entire world would go into meltdown. Yet again more evidence that smaller clubs like Villa don't matter. That's why when the worst refereeing decision of the season goes against us, the country's leading highlights programme completely ignore it and instead spend 20 minutes sucking off the opposition's captain live on air.

:bang:

I'm not disagreeing, you amy well be right. I just hadn't heard that until now.

But I posted in the match thread at the time. Something clearly was chanted or done because you could tell by the reaction of the villa fans once the applause had finished.

Yeah I posed the question to one of my friends who was at the game (a United fan, in the Holte... I know!) and he said the United fans were chanting during the minute's applause but he couldn't make out what they were saying. He said it must have been something bad 'cause the Villa fans went nuts.

Saw on another site that Stan has said how he watches games and gets down to the club as often as docs allow him and how he still gets emotional at the 19th minute thing - he says he loves the fans and everything about the club

We are crying out for Stiliyan Petrov in the heart of our team now especially with all the young inexperienced lads we have . You listen to any of the younger lads who have been at the club a while and they will all have nothing but great things to stay about Stan and what a positive influence he was. The man never gave less than a 100% and regardless of how things were going for him on the pitch he would always try and encourage those around him. He led by example.

I wasn't actually at the game so maybe I shouldn't have spoken so dogmatically but according to NurembergVillan they did.

As far as I can see there is no real evidence that the United fans chanted "let him die". It is actually disrespectful to Stiliyan Petrov in my view to use his illness as a platform for pursuing these petty squabbles with fans of other clubs. Even if they did chant that, making an issue of it isn't going to help him recover, is it?

I am so depressed that some Villa fans seem to be using the 19th minute applause as a basis for attacking opposing fans. Can't we just focus on the things that are happening to help Petrov fight his cancer?

• Like 1

As far as I can see there is no real evidence that the United fans chanted "let him die". It is actually disrespectful to Stiliyan Petrov in my view to use his illness as a platform for pursuing these petty squabbles with fans of other clubs. Even if they did chant that, making an issue of it isn't going to help him recover, is it?

I am so depressed that some Villa fans seem to be using the 19th minute applause as a basis for attacking opposing fans. Can't we just focus on the things that are happening to help Petrov fight his cancer?

I'd say NV is a pretty reliable source. And personally I don't think it's petty to get indignant about what the United fans allegedly sang. I agree that making an issue of it isn't necessarily going to help Stan recover, but equally I don't think that kind of despicable behaviour should be tolerated anywhere, in any walk of life.

It's depressing if some fans are using the minute's applause as a basis for attacking opposing fans, I completely agree with you, but I don't think opposition fans should be exempt from criticism if they blatantly disrespect the ritual.

I'd say NV is a pretty reliable source. And personally I don't think it's petty to get indignant about what the United fans allegedly sang. I agree that making an issue of it isn't necessarily going to help Stan recover, but equally I don't think that kind of despicable behaviour should be tolerated anywhere, in any walk of life.

It's depressing if some fans are using the minute's applause as a basis for attacking opposing fans, I completely agree with you, but I don't think opposition fans should be exempt from criticism if they blatantly disrespect the ritual.

You haven't really addressed my argument, just restated your position. No-one can stop you turning this thread into a petty and squalid rant against the alleged sins of Man U fans if you want to but it will be to the detriment of the thread, which has been very positive until you came along with this nonsense.

Until I came along with this nonsense?

I'm not the one who brought up the 'Let him die' chant. I couldn't have, because I didn't know about until I read about it in this thread.

As for not addressing your argument, I really don't think I could have been more thorough in that regard. And to be honest, I think my reply was rational and respectful. I think it's kind of ironic that you're slating me for pursuing a "petty" rant against United fans (if they actually sang what they're accused of singing it isn't even remotely petty), while at the same time instigating an infinitely more trivial argument with me.

I have no desire whatsoever to put a dampener on the spirits of this thread by dwelling on negatives. I simply feel as though the issue shouldn't be ignored just because it's unpleasant.

Â