Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Dropping 100m on a player in a position they have already have multiple world class players in.

Makes you sick honestly.

Nearly 1 billion spent in charge of City. The definition of a chequebook manager.

• Like 2

Spending all that money on a type of player you don't really need. It's like that old AC Milan team. Buy all the opponents best players so you don't need to play them. Not very good for the league; Bundesliga mk2

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Spending all that money on a type of player you don't really need. It's like that old AC Milan team. Buy all the opponents best players so you don't need to play them. Not very good for the league; Bundesliga mk2

said in the grealish thread i think they do need him if im honest but not for on the field stuff

i would lazily guess that the general global interest in man city must be slowing down, look at the comments that perez and agnelli made over the ESL, the youngsters want to follow superstar players, buy the shirts of players not of teams, in my opinion man city dont have that superstar quality player, its KDB as great a footballer as he is, he's not the face of anything, Grealish and Kane can be the face of everything, he'll be the man city poster boy, the national team poster boy, it wont take long for him to be the PL poster boy

if he joins them he'll have his face on a pepsi can for qatar 2022...and theres no one else there other than sterling who i think is getting a big push in the states and with puma

See the source image

this shit with jack grealish's face on it is coming

give it a month and see what his social media numbers are doing, i think it went from 1m on insta to 3m during the euros

everything about this and him will be the absolute shit of what football has become 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

said in the grealish thread i think they do need him if im honest but not for on the field stuff

i would lazily guess that the general global interest in man city must be slowing down, look at the comments that perez and agnelli made over the ESL, the youngsters want to follow superstar players, buy the shirts of players not of teams, in my opinion man city dont have that superstar quality player, its KDB as great a footballer as he is, he's not the face of anything, Grealish and Kane can be the face of everything, he'll be the man city poster boy, the national team poster boy, it wont take long for him to be the PL poster boy

if he joins them he'll have his face on a pepsi can for qatar 2022...and theres no one else there other than sterling who i think is getting a big push in the states and with puma

See the source image

give it a month and see what his social media numbers are doing, i think it went from 1m on insta to 3m during the euros

everything about this and him will be the absolute shit of what football has become 

100%, and he is still one of the best players in the league. A good season and he’ll be talked about alongside Mbappe, Griezmann and so on.

Its a brilliant move for him if that’s what he wants, I’m a different kind of person and wouldn’t want any of it but he’s about to be a world superstar.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Its the ultimate Bayern tactic

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

See the source image

I really dont think it is, As said before Jack has some skeletons that will be hidden at Villa and exposed at City and major companies wont want to associate in these times

Tbf they play around 70 games a season and the schedule last season and the upcoming 2 are going to be stupid with the mid season WC in 2022. KDB is getting on a bit and will have to be managed more carefully if he is to last, he's been openly critical about the number of games that top players are forced to play.

With Grealish & Foden they are set up for the next 5 years in that area and they'll likely look to sell a couple of players that will easily offset the money they spend on Grealish.

The main part of Grealish cult internationally was that he was a one club man and that one club wasn't a United or City

Athletic Bilbao is really the last survivor of footballs horrible system 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

That reminded me of the time they signed Jean Marie Papin from Marseille. Hardly played him. A mate of mine who lived in Milan at the time said it was fairly common knowledge that he was bought so other rivals couldn't have him. From a prolific goal in every 2 games striker he spent 2 yrs at Milan and afterwards - apart from a spell at Munich - he was never the same.

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Dropping 100m on a player in a position they have already have multiple world class players in.

Makes you sick honestly.

Nearly 1 billion spent in charge of City. The definition of a chequebook manager.

I read something the other day.

The difference between Pep and Jose. It went something like:

Jose could do what Pep has done at City and Barcelona.

Pep couldn’t do what Jose did at Porto and Inter.

• Like 1

I’m confused, I was sure there was no way they could possibly still buy Kane because of the financial ‘restrictions’. But Kane must be 100% sure the transfer is on to do this shit.

How can they spend what would be a quarter of a billion on transfers and wages in one window and get away with it?

Â