Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

There are strikers that will cost at lot of money but still be a risk, then there’s Kane who will cost a lot of money, but is a sure thing in terms of goals.

He should go to whichever Manchester club pays him the most money.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

There are strikers that will cost at lot of money but still be a risk, then there’s Kane who will cost a lot of money, but is a sure thing in terms of goals.

If I had the choice I’d pick City all day long. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Utd would pay him more I think 

But I wouldn't go there, take the paupers salary of around £250k a week to go win stuff

But also for that money if they didn't test the waters over mbappe and haaland I think they're mad 

5 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

If I had the choice I’d pick City all day long. 

For footballing reasons I would too

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Utd would pay him more I think 

But I wouldn't go there, take the paupers salary of around £250k a week to go win stuff

But also for that money if they didn't test the waters over mbappe and haaland I think they're mad 

This is the thing, if City go HUGE on M’bappe or Haaland and they don’t settle or work in the Premier League it’s a big problem.

This is why Kane is a sure thing for the next 3/4/5 years.

I think United will pay a lot more, but he’ll win more at City.

• Like 1

I think that over rates the PL

Both of them would smash it here, Haaland in particular I think just looks like a natural fit to PL football, he'd be a 30 goal striker for 10 years 

I can see wages being a stumbling block and with Haaland theyd have his dickhead of an agent to deal with and by deal with I mean pay an extortionate amount to

Just now, villa4europe said:

Both of them would smash it here, Haaland in particular I think just looks like a natural fit to PL football, he'd be a 30 goal striker for 10 years 

I can see wages being a stumbling block and with Haaland theyd have his dickhead of an agent to deal with and by deal with I mean pay an extortionate amount to

I actually think The Bundesliga is the easiest of the top leagues in europe to score goals. So Mbappe would definately smash the Premier League but Haaland I dont think would get as many as Kane. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Plenty of top players have come to the England and just not worked out. I agree, those 2 examples should boss it, but it’s a wrinkle of doubt and mesmerising money. You know what you’re getting with Kane.

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I actually think The Bundesliga is the easiest of the top leagues in europe to score goals. So Mbappe would definately smash the Premier League but Haaland I dont think would get as many as Kane. 

M’bappe has scored 163 in 243 games. I must admit, I thought his record would be better than that considering most of those games are in Liegue 1. (0.67 goals per game).

Kane has 221 in 336 for Spurs (0.65 goals per game).

Given the gulf between the French and English top flights I’d be nervous about Mbappe “smashing it” here. He could, but there’s some risk involved.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

M’bappe has scored 163 in 243 games. I must admit, I thought his record would be better than that considering most of those games are in Liegue 1. (0.67 goals per game).

Kane has 221 in 336 for Spurs (0.65 goals per game).

Given the gulf between the French and English top flights I’d be nervous about Mbappe “smashing it” here. He could, but there’s some risk involved.

Yes I was looking at players lower down the scoring chart this season. Kramaric who was useless at Leicester scored 20 goals last season in the Bundesliga. Is it that hard a league to score in. we knock the Premier League but would Lewandowski get over 40 goals in the Premier League. 

Mbappe is quality no doubt but I think pep would dot him about here there and everywhere, not sure what he'd convert him in to the next messi or the next Ronaldo, he'd be a success but for silly goal stats I'm not convinced, could end up a wide man or a 10 rather than a striker, he doesn't play as a 9 week in week out for PSG

Haaland would be up top and central 

Kane has this drop deep thing going on, City would get runners past him, they probably have the perfect set up for how kane seemingly wants to play, would expect his goals to be good and his goal contributions to be great 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes I was looking at players lower down the scoring chart this season. Kramaric who was useless at Leicester scored 20 goals last season in the Bundesliga. Is it that hard a league to score in. we knock the Premier League but would Lewandowski get over 40 goals in the Premier League. 

Yes he would 

👍

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

never been done before in fact its 8 more than the record in a Premier League season

He's just come off 40 goals in 28 games and 2 decent runs in the CL, 15 in 10 games last year when they won it

Stick him in an attacking team like City and give him 38 games he'd come very close to it, he's responsible for 40% of Bayerns goals this season, last season city scored 102 goals... Its not impossible 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

He's just come off 40 goals in 28 games and 2 decent runs in the CL, 15 in 10 games last year when they won it

Stick him in an attacking team like City and give him 38 games he'd come very close to it, he's responsible for 40% of Bayerns goals this season, last season city scored 102 goals... Its not impossible 

No hes the best around but it would still take some doing. 30 is an amazing scoring season in the Premier League 

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I wouldn't use Kramaric for measuring against when it comes to how he did for us, only ever started 6 league games and they were all during the great escape season (he only played 22 minutes of league football in the title winning season)

He never got a fair chance with us because of Vardy

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

No hes the best around but it would still take some doing. 30 is an amazing scoring season in the Premier League 

No doubt 

40 goals in a PL season is Ronaldo / Messi stuff 

Maybe Suarez could have got close if he'd stayed, Lewandowski I think would get close, Haaland in a few years if he fulfills his potential 

Kane won't with the player that he's become but if he got 20+ goals and 20+ assists that's got to be a 1st I'd have thought and I can see him doing it

A lot of it would depend on playing 90 mins 38 times which only a couple of players per team do per season 

Â