Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

12 minutes ago, a m ole said:

How can they spend what would be a quarter of a billion on transfers and wages in one window and get away with it?

Easily.

One word: amortisation 

If Jack signs 5 year contract, his accounting cost to City is only £20m per season plus wages. Not a biggie for a club with £500m yearly revenue.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Modem Football Sometimes Makes Me Sad Nowadays There Can Be More Focus on  Big Name Signings Rather Than Promoting Youth and That Makes Me sadI Have  Grown Up With the Barcelona Method

I wish somebody would call him out on his bullshit. That and the "We cannot afford it (Jack Grealish). It's impossible" 

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Hornso said:

I wish somebody would call him out on his bullshit. That and the "We cannot afford it (Jack Grealish). It's impossible" 

Too busy licking his ass telling him he is a genius and has reinvented football 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hornso said:

The media can't attack them, the bulk of their viewers support the scum6, they cannot alienate their customers as that might lead to a drop in revenue. Everything is about money, the route of all evil.

Has to buy midfield talent in for record fees as he can’t manage with Kevin de Bryne, Gundogan, Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, Rodrigo, Sterling.
He should absolutely be asked to justify this one.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Modem Football Sometimes Makes Me Sad Nowadays There Can Be More Focus on  Big Name Signings Rather Than Promoting Youth and That Makes Me sadI Have  Grown Up With the Barcelona Method

Wish someone had shown that to the idiot presenters on talksport yesterday.  They were happy to say he's just buying ready made players now rather than using those they've developed through their 100 million pound academy.  Couldn't call him out on it though. 

28 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm not sure when adding Grealish into the side who is gonna stop them.

Along with KDB they have the biggest chance creators in the league, and in Europe. In the same team.

Nobody could stop them anyway.  In one off games they can always lose like against Chelsea.

Transfermarkt, pre Grealish has Pep at $1,620,473,999 or £1.163 billion gross spend as a manager across all clubs. (averaging £20m+)

He's a great coach who has brought through youth and clearly improves players but with that kind of wedge available, it becomes difficult not to succeed. He is of course not a one man band either but that is an eye watering sum.

At least we know football is in good hands with UEFA and FIFA at the helm. Grass roots etc.

• Haha 1

Given he’s playing on cheat mode it is pretty surprising he hasn’t managed to win the CL with City. If he fails to land it at City as well as Bayern then there will be some questions over his legacy.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Genie said:

Given he’s playing on cheat mode it is pretty surprising he hasn’t managed to win the CL with City. If he fails to land it at City as well as Bayern then there will be some questions over his legacy.

I feel for Pep, I don't why they can't change the rules and clubs be allowed to buy trophies directly, to just have an amazing trophy cabinet means they wouldn't have to bother with the leagues, they can focus on PPV exhibition matches then, surely that would still make them more profitable.

Champions League success will depend on whether Pep tries to be too clever for his own good again. 

Played pretty much a 4-0-6 formation (with no actual CF) and then watched as Chelsea played a through ball through the Fernandinho/Rodri sized hole in the middle of the pitch to score the winning goal.  Then spent the rest of the game trying to breakdown a defence that had been standout under Tuchel, but without anyone getting in the box because the best natural striker at the club was kept on the bench until the last 15 minutes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Can't see it with the messi wages, the lower weekly barca thing was because of his 15 year contract or whatever daft shite it was

But imagine that they can't afford messi because they bought grelaish... 

If they can afford to bid 100m for Kane they can afford to turn around and give that money to Messi for a few years contract instead.

Â