Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What I find interesting with City is that despite their insane amount of success (versus all they achieved before the last decade) their ability to fill their stadium remains doubtful, it doesn’t feel as though they’ve really gained many fans domestically,

Oh, they’ve gained loads. Up here in the north west there’s way more than there used to be. They were a 30000+ kind of club, now it’s 50000+. They’re looking to expand the ground further, too. I think what’s happened is that younger people from the local area(ish) - places like Bolton, Stockport, Wigan, Preston, Macclesfield and so on are now growing up as City fans and whether they go to games (as you say, they can mostly get tickets) or just buy a shirt and watch on the telly they’ve definitely grown a much bigger fanbase. Maybe it’s predominantly north west based I couldn’t say. 

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Oh, they’ve gained loads. Up here in the north west there’s way more than there used to be. They were a 30000+ kind of club, now it’s 50000+. They’re looking to expand the ground further, too. I think what’s happened is that younger people from the local area(ish) - places like Bolton, Stockport, Wigan, Preston, Macclesfield and so on are now growing up as City fans and whether they go to games (as you say, they can mostly get tickets) or just buy a shirt and watch on the telly they’ve definitely grown a much bigger fanbase. Maybe it’s predominantly north west based I couldn’t say. 

Met a fair few City fans in Cheshire. Yet to run into a United fan though but guessing I'm too far North. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Met a fair few City fans in Cheshire. Yet to run into a United fan though but guessing I'm too far North. 

I met a guy who lived on the apartments right opposite the Etihad. I said "lucky you, are you a man City fan"? He said no, massive Man U fan, had his shirt over the balcony. Why ohh why.........?

• 4 weeks later...

So de Bruine has been playing half the tournament with a torn Achilles tendon and looks like missing the start of the season.

Next season will be a mess of top players who's been ran into exhaustion and who will pick up tons of injuries once again.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sne said:

So de Bruine has been playing half the tournament with a torn Achilles tendon and looks like missing the start of the season.

Next season will be a mess of top players who's been ran into exhaustion and who will pick up tons of injuries once again.

I think the clubs are also at fault, I dont blame De Bruyne playing injured its probably his last Euros . The clubs are complaining about too many games yet would be happy fly around the world in pre-pandemic times for meaningless friendlies or to take part in a Super League along with the Premier League

Something obviously needs to be done but I wouldnt trust any of the authorities to fix it

1 hour ago, sne said:

Yeah but it's okay as they get a nice break next summer as they geniusly moved the World Cup to December. 

It's going to be a mess with never ending games for a few seasons yet. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

How are they going to justify selling Sterling if he carries on scoring/assisting for the rest of the Euro's? 

They're not, more than likely never were, paper talk

He's pumas global marketing champion or some such bollocks, they'll push him in the states

City won't sell him 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think the clubs are also at fault, I dont blame De Bruyne playing injured its probably his last Euros . The clubs are complaining about too many games yet would be happy fly around the world in pre-pandemic times for meaningless friendlies or to take part in a Super League along with the Premier League

Something obviously needs to be done but I wouldnt trust any of the authorities to fix it

He'll be finished in a year at this rate. Torres vibes.

• Like 1

You can’t play with a torn Achilles tendon, there’s just no way. I ruptured mine some years back, and naturally I’m not even remotely comparable to de Bruyne in terms of fitness and physicality, nor in terms of the care I received post injury but I am confident in saying that a torn Achilles tendon is not one of those injuries you can just manage and play through.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You can’t play with a torn Achilles tendon, there’s just no way. I ruptured mine some years back, and naturally I’m not even remotely comparable to de Bruyne in terms of fitness and physicality, nor in terms of the care I received post injury but I am confident in saying that a torn Achilles tendon is not one of those injuries you can just manage and play through.

Benteke ruptured his and lost 20 yards of pace overnight.

De Bruyne whilst being an amazing baller is deceptively quick. In fact he is absolutely rapid and he does rely on it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/06/2021 at 12:00, blandy said:

No doubt they have but you still see far less plastics in random midlands areas with City shirts on than Manu or Liverpool.

No matter how well they will do they will never be as big as a club as either of those two even in the North West.

• Like 1

Â