Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

Like with the Saudis and Newcastle, the government will try to stop sanctions I imagine, don’t want to damage relations. It’s bad enough they’ve discussed the 115 charges already. 

• Like 1

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I don't think they are going to get a severe penalty as some on here think.  A hefty fine and at worst a transfer ban for a couple of windows.  

You might be right, but I think Pep is keeping an eye on it. Does he want to be dragged into court or have all his “books” opened for the general public to see his finances? 

Transfer ban and fine sounds realistic to me. Maybe a European ban if they can make it stick also. Plus maybe 20 or 30 point deduction. Something that won’t relegate them.

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

Media this weekend haven't said a peep about the 115. Is there a unofficial blackout on whispering the word "charges"?

What are you reading? Pretty much every article I've read about them winning the title has referenced them.

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

You might be right, but I think Pep is keeping an eye on it. Does he want to be dragged into court or have all his “books” opened for the general public to see his finances? 

Transfer ban and fine sounds realistic to me. Maybe a European ban if they can make it stick also. Plus maybe 20 or 30 point deduction. Something that won’t relegate them.

Yeah it'll be something like that, a point deduction that puts them mid table at worst and a season out of Europe.

58 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Like with the Saudis and Newcastle, the government will try to stop sanctions I imagine, don’t want to damage relations. It’s bad enough they’ve discussed the 115 charges already. 

This is the reason why City will get a slap on the wrist at worse, the Abu Dhabi links to the UK government go above the PL. 

30 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What are you reading? Pretty much every article I've read about them winning the title has referenced them.

Listening to BBC 5live for most of it. All I heard was smoke being blown up Man City's arses. I haven't read any print media who possibly have more balls to call it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

Media this weekend haven't said a peep about the 115. Is there a unofficial blackout on whispering the word "charges"?

Man City have a crack team of lawyers, a lot better than Sky Sports, TNT Sports etc. Man City have unlimited money.

Just a threat of being involved in a lawsuit, costing millions would be more than enough for bosses to ensure it is not mentioned; at all. 

Sad state of affairs

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Man City have a crack team of lawyers, a lot better than Sky Sports, TNT Sports etc. Man City have unlimited money.

Just a threat of being involved in a lawsuit, costing millions would be more than enough for bosses to ensure it is not mentioned; at all. 

Sad state of affairs

That's part of it I think, but if they were purely factual in what they presented (i.e. that charges had been made but no judgment yet) then it would be difficult for City to win a lawsuit. 

City could still file a lawsuit and easily throw £100m down the drain fighting it and this would (temporarily) cost Sky or whoever a lot to fight back and I'm not sure they could afford that short term.

Part of me also suspects there's an element of not wanting to portray the league in a bad light and damage the brand that they all rely on.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there's a threat that any site publishing articles City don't like could be blacklisted from their grounds. 

Posted (edited)

Cheats. No credit should be given to ANYTHING they have won since 2008 and anyone who watches their games (except against their own club) has to have a word with themselves in my opinion. 

If everyone boycotted them, things would maybe be different. People watching them justifies their cheating. 

Stop watching these cheating bastards. They are killiing our game.

Edited by GlobalVillan

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Sad state of affairs

Paddy Power don’t seem to be scared of them. I wonder if they will get a threatening letter.

• Like 1

So he's still there then:rolleyes:. Front row when it comes to the celebrations, but on the bench or in the stands, more often than not during their games. Looks like he's found something to be happy about, I doubt it's the direction that his football career is going at the moment. Time to look to move on and to play some regular football again Jack!

Man City clinch historic fourth Premier League title despite Arsenal win |  Football News | Al Jazeera

• Like 2

The only thing I wouid say is that when Pep.leaves possibly at the end of next season Man City will never have the same success again. 

There's no media silence because of letters from Man City, pretty much every sports section has *something* about it. I think it should be more prominent, but I don't think it's because of legal threats, I think it's because it taints the product these people are all promoting and profiting from. They're not directly in on the con, but calling it out is bad for business.

54 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The only thing I wouid say is that when Pep.leaves possibly at the end of next season Man City will never have the same success again. 

Sure,they will be most likely replaced by Newcastle at the top of the pile.

Monday Night Club giving Guardiola a proper nob polishing on Radio5 right now. Coady sounds like he’s going to jizz.

No mention of cheating though, or huge budgets, or 115 charges. Oh no, he’s just a genius who’s done it in a shoestring.

11 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Just make legal fees fall under FFP problem solved

and the risk of a failed appeal extremely severe. 

Â