Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He wouldn't have gone anywhere if City weren't breaking the FFP rules.

Noone else could afford his release fee, and City shouldn't have been able to either. That's the level of their corruption. 

This exactly. They took our best player for 100million.

Then took Leeds best player, just for the fun of it as they don't even play him! 

• Sad 1

They should have issued the charge and punishment together, then told City they had something like 4 weeks to lodge an appeal if they disagreed.

It’s all been managed wrong. If they have evidence to suggest cheating then they should grow some balls and dish out their punishment. 

• Like 2

Whatever happens I just don't understand how they're going to reverse the financial doping. Citeh pumped the money in over years, they now have all the money they need in the value of their squad in order to stay ahead in the years to come. The prem need to find a figure that they can say Citeh have pumped in unlawfully, and then find a way to apply that figure to their FFP over the coming years, with the ultimate sanction of being expelled should they ignore it. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

They should have issued the charge and punishment together, then told City they had something like 4 weeks to lodge an appeal if they disagreed.

It’s all been managed wrong. If they have evidence to suggest cheating then they should grow some balls and dish out their punishment. 

The problem is that UEFA ended up running out of patience, filing their charges and imposing their punishment on City earlier than they'd have liked out of a desire to get something done, and were then out-lawyered in the Court of arbitration for sport. They set the precedent that if you want to win this, if you want to actually punish City for the breaches that absolutely everyone knows that they have committed, then you have to beat one of the most expensively assembled legal teams in history and to do that you need to be extraordinarily careful.

That means making sure you've got your ducks in a row, that you've dotted all the I's and crossed all the T's and that you know there's no one on the inside who's joined the opposition - it's a process that will take years - and yes, it's horrible in the interim watching people treat City like they're a plucky underdog story, but I'd sooner watch four years of this shit with a knowing feeling that they can laugh it up but we are going to get them in the end than watch them swing a half a million fine next Tuesday and carry on regardless.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Whatever happens I just don't understand how they're going to reverse the financial doping. Citeh pumped the money in over years, they now have all the money they need in the value of their squad in order to stay ahead in the years to come. The prem need to find a figure that they can say Citeh have pumped in unlawfully, and then find a way to apply that figure to their FFP over the coming years, with the ultimate sanction of being expelled should they ignore it. 

One possible solution would be to ban them from transfers for every year they broke FFP rules.

Juventus deducted points, appealed and court have now given a final verdict in about 4 months

Clueless Premier League have had 10 years and they are all over the shop

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Juventus deducted points, appealed and court have now given a final verdict in about 4 months

Clueless Premier League have had 10 years and they are all over the shop

It's not clueless Premier League IMO - they're fighting against a superpower.  This isn't just Premier League vs <club>.

• Thanks 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65690461

Man City: Pep Guardiola wants Premier League financial charges dealt with 'as soon as possible'

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says he wants the 115 Premier League financial charges against the club to be dealt with "as soon as possible".

In February, City were charged with breaches of the league's financial rules from 2009 to 2018. They were also accused of not cooperating since the investigation began in December 2018.

City have denied financial wrongdoing and say their innocence is supported by a "body of irrefutable evidence" and they "look forward to this matter being put to rest once and for all".

You may want to, but City certainly don't. Urgh, I hate him. I bet he said it in that arrogant fashion he does as well.

Hang on, if Pep wants answers ASAP, the world and his dog better pull their fingers out and get him the info he wants to hear this morning - self important cretin.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Sure he said if found guilty he would leave as he would’ve been lied to, then this morning he is saying he will stay regardless.

Pep knows something is a miss.

21 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Hang on, if Pep wants answers ASAP, the world and his dog better pull their fingers out and get him the info he wants to hear this morning - self important cretin.

Pep's dodgy too, too much smoke about him. I bet his contract and secret contract is of interest.

Cheque-Book manager!

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Pep's dodgy too, too much smoke about him. I bet his contract and secret contract is of interest.

Of course he knows. If the allegations are true he will have been receiving 2 salaries. One from Man City and one from a company linked to their owners. 

His own bloody bank statements can tell him everything he needs to know. 

Â