Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

They'd just give the title or trophy to the runner up or just remove those years from history.. I think that's what happened when Lance Armstrong stole his TDF wins

so those runners up get to have a trophy presentation and a parade? i don't see it as a punishment personally. just because they don't have their name on the trophy anymore, they still got the glory at the time

it's like the olympic silver medalists that got upgraded to gold due to the russians cheating. they might have the gold medal, but never got to stand on top of the podium...which surely is the best part?

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, John said:

Their PL mates are at feeling for Citeh at the moment:

image.jpeg.a9cf64db74acf56332174c8480e1717c.jpeg image.jpeg.80b2a27310d0ee43595d100b2331fd5e.jpeg  image.jpeg.403fb78625e1c20e2b29674916097136.jpeg image.jpeg.f5ba224206f0dd5f364f18e48f679a35.jpeg

I'm not sure Abramovich is happy at the moment. I would imagine he says a prayer every time he turns the key in his Lambo.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

so those runners up get to have a trophy presentation and a parade? i don't see it as a punishment personally. just because they don't have their name on the trophy anymore, they still got the glory at the time

it's like the olympic silver medalists that got upgraded to gold due to the russians cheating. they might have the gold medal, but never got to stand on top of the podium...which surely is the best part?

It's more for the history books than anything else. I can already hear the comments on Sky Sports now;

Manchester City, former winners of the Premier league title but relegated to runners up for allegedly breaking financial rules.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

It's more for the history books than anything else. I can already hear the comments on Sky Sports now;

Manchester City, former winners of the Premier league title but relegated to runners up for allegedly breaking financial rules.

exactly. so not really any sort of punishment at all

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

exactly. so not really any sort of punishment at all

It's only a punishment if it comes with other sanctions, points deduction etc. A points deduction wouldn't be that bad either, expulsion from the league would be better. The Premier League needs to do something

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

It's only a punishment if it comes with other sanctions, points deduction etc. A points deduction wouldn't be that bad either, expulsion from the league would be better. The Premier League needs to do something

Seriously, no-one is doing anything.  Man City are laughing at the 'outrage' from fans.

Main punishment for them in the present is to make their club unattractive to new players - so a transfer ban and/or a relegation from the league. Their best will jump ship, their manager too. For levelling up the past then yes, void their titles - it would be funny. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Well unless you have a time machine, not much else they can do.

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Juve had their titles stripped.

I’m not defending city, they should throw the book at them. 

But comparing it with Calciopoli isn’t a like for like comparison 

For me what they won can’t easily get void. But if they got relegated then I think it sould be really good for us and other teams aswell. We missed the opportunity by losing to Leicester had we won and City out of the way, another Europe place to play for. 
How many point deduction they’ll have if so? Better they go down to League 1, but a deduction of more than 50 points could see them going down aswell. 
I don’t think it will look good for Chelsea with what they’re doing also.

Â