Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Yes but most managers have not been as lucky as Pep to inherit a legendary squad at Barcelona, and massive buying power at his next two clubs. He has never really had the worry of trying to fit square pegs into round holes, or to manage another season or two out of ageing legs.

That's not really true though, look at what he did at barca, bombed off some of the best aging legs in europe and brought through a young team 

His first summer and subsequent turn around at barca doesn't get anywhere near the respect it deserves 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's not really true though, look at what he did at barca, bombed off some of the best aging legs in europe and brought through a young team 

His first summer and subsequent turn around at barca doesn't get anywhere near the respect it deserves 

So Xavi, Messi and iniesta were not already there?

It would have been the equivalent in a alternative universe in Sir Redface leaving united in 1995, and Steve Bruce getting the job.

Well sort of.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Along with Ronaldinho, deco, zambrotta, thuram, edmilson... 

He promoted busquets, bought in pique and alves

He did exactly as barca need to do right now but instead they're handing pique a new deal

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

It would have been the equivalent in a alternative universe in Sir Redface leaving united in 1995, and Steve Bruce getting the job.

Well sort of.

Elmo was only 8 in 1995. Bruce would have struggled to get him in the utd team

Guardiola gets away with murder, as the genius of football he has 2 Champions Leagues from probably the greatest club team ever, then he took over a brilliant Bayern and brought them backwards. Luckily he took over the richest club in Europe and was outperformed by Pellegrini in Champions League 

Absolute fraud, not sure he has ever improved a defensive player. I think Klopp is a prick but he at least improves players 

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The pep time warp is back... 

Was hoping he'd go at least a couple of months before a bad result and the nonsense came up again 

nearly 20 points behind Liverpool last season and already dropped points to Leicester, Leeds and West Ham this season. Hardly playing the big guns yet, even Wolves showed the weaknesses.

Pep needs to get his act together, poor transfers but without De Bruyne, Davud Silva and Aguero. City are quite average

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Guardiola gets away with murder, as the genius of football he has 2 Champions Leagues from probably the greatest club team ever, then he took over a brilliant Bayern and brought them backwards. Luckily he took over the richest club in Europe and was outperformed by Pellegrini in Champions League 

Absolute fraud, not sure he has ever improved a defensive player. I think Klopp is a prick but he at least improves players 

With you other than the fraud line which I always disagree with, he is so over rated it’s untrue but he isn’t a fraud.

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

With you other than the fraud line which I always disagree with, he is so over rated it’s untrue but he isn’t a fraud.

Yes fraud is totally the wrong word.  He hasn't delivered as many champions leagues as he should but hes still a top manager. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes and I would like to see Messi in the Premier League. Grealish vs Messi when we play them that will be good. 

It would be interesting to see if Messi can handle the proverbial wet Wednesday in Smethwick. I’m sure he’d be a success here, as long as he accepts his position behind Jack, then fine ;)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Maybe Messi is coming in January 

It wouldn't surprise me. Barcalona are broke and Messi will leave on a free at the end of the season. Might be better to get something for him now and get the wages off the books rather than wait 6 months and lose him for nothing. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It wouldn't surprise me. Barcalona are broke and Messi will leave on a free at the end of the season. Might be better to get something for him now and get the wages off the books rather than wait 6 months and lose him for nothing. 

I bet Barca still get circa €100m for him in Jan. Obviously he’ll be expensive for wages but for some reason it’s not the super stupid numbers banded around in the Summer.

Will Man City move anyone on to balance the books a bit? 

Edited by Genie

Â