Confirmed: Brett Holman from AZ.

Oaks

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness lapal, I don't think you're talking a lot of sense on this particular point either. I think you're underestimating the ability of the players you've mentioned. Coaching and application will only take you so far if you lack the basic ability. And that will stop far short of being Premier League standard.

Dude, stop talking shit. Becoming a professional footballer is a natural ability that needs enhancing with training etc. You either have it in the first place or you don't and every one of us on this forum do not have that natural ability.

Right.

Read my comment.

Did you literally think I'm saying one of us could be a premiership player? I said it very much tounge in cheek originally in the original post. Stop taking things literally. What's the matter? Did I not add enough **** smileys?

On the 2nd point I said that you take any youngster with with some traits and a little bit of talent and it could become as good as Rory **** Delap.

I don't think that's unreasonable... at all.

These are football players not some **** gods from another planet. They were not very good at football once as well you know..

I did read your comment. Firstly there were zero smileys (one would've been good) so we had no reason to think you were being anything other than literal. You called those players 'rubbish' which also backed your assertion that 'anyone on here could have been as good if not better' with the proper training.

So you need to either say what you mean, or use smileys if you're saying it tongue in cheek. Or practice having your (ostensibly genuine) opinion questioned without responding with a volley of swear words :)

Dude, stop talking shit. Becoming a professional footballer is a natural ability that needs enhancing with training etc. You either have it in the first place or you don't and every one of us on this forum do not have that natural ability.

I disagree with this. Natural talent comes in to how good you are or can become but I do believe you can become a professional footballer based on practise and effort. This must start at a very young age though, I'm talking from the day you can stand up.

edit - In fact it is from the day you are born!

Becoming a professional footballer is a natural ability

This I do not agree with lol.. Look at Gabby he is a wonderful athlete but when it comes down to Natural ability e.g. Touch, instinct, vision, he doesnt have it.. Answer me this if Gabby didnt have his pace would he be a footballer?

This I do not agree with lol.. Look at Gabby he is a wonderful athlete but when it comes down to Natural ability e.g. Touch, instinct, vision, he doesnt have it.. Answer me this if Gabby didnt have his pace would he be a footballer?

I don't know. Gabby's natural ability compared to the other professionals is poor but amazing compared to ours.

You mean his natural ability to run fast ...

Gabby does not have the above qualities when compared to a top class premiership footballer but if he was to play down the park with the lads, I'm sure we would feel he has all of those natural abilities in abundance.

Do you see what I mean?

I did read your comment. Firstly there were zero smileys (one would've been good) so we had no reason to think you were being anything other than literal. You called those players 'rubbish' which also backed your assertion that 'anyone on here could have been as good if not better' with the proper training.

So you need to either say what you mean, or use smileys if you're saying it tongue in cheek. Or practice having your (ostensibly genuine) opinion questioned without responding with a volley of swear words :)

With regards to swearing, apologies but there are other people saying them too. (Backhanded apology for you)

And I can guarantee my opinion was genuine.

I'll just have to remember the ;) next time.

How some people on here manage to read a book without them I'll never know.

Americans maybe?

You mean his natural ability to run fast ...

Lol yeah good point..

Gabby does not have the above qualities when compared to a top class premiership footballer but if he was to play down the park with the lads, I'm sure we would feel he has all of those natural abilities in abundance.

Do you see what I mean?

Yeah I get it..

Nex we'll say if we practised hard enough we could run as fast as Usain Bolt hahahaha!

Yea, it's not quite what I said is it? Being 6'7" and having extraordinarily long thigh muscles and incredibly quick twitch muscles is not normal.

If you read interviews with footballers like scholes, keane, beckham, they are not natually gifted althletes, they work on their fitness.

They also used to do nothing but kick balls around as kids, if they didnt have a football it would be a ball of socks or pebbles. Look at the Brazilians, they play with tethered footballs and even marbles (keepy-uppy) on sand which is why they are so good at controlling the ball and manipulating it.

Ronaldo used to take a mini football with him everywhere, dribbling it around his village.

Practice is the main ingredient. Fair enough, if you're some fat slob kid that choses computers or pokemon cards instead of football, then you're not going to get anywhere.

But this is boring now, as I said originally if Brett Holman is as good as the people I first listed, then he'll be fine.

Nex we'll say if we practised hard enough we could run as fast as Usain Bolt hahahaha!

Yea, it's not quite what I said is it? Being 6'7" and having extraordinarily long thigh muscles and incredibly quick twitch muscles is not normal.

If you read interviews with footballers like scholes, keane, beckham, they are not natually gifted althletes, they work on their fitness.

They also used to do nothing but kick balls around as kids, if they didnt have a football it would be a ball of socks or pebbles. Look at the Brazilians, they play with tethered footballs and even marbles (keepy-uppy) on sand which is why they are so good at controlling the ball and manipulating it.

Ronaldo used to take a mini football with him everywhere, dribbling it around his village.

Practice is the main ingredient. Fair enough, if you're some fat slob kid that choses computers or pokemon cards instead of football, then you're not going to get anywhere.

But this is boring now, as I said originally if Brett Holman is as good as the people I first listed, then he'll be fine.

Nah, the raw ability is the main ingredient, followed by practice and the determination to succeed (mental strength).

You can practice all day long but if you haven't got that natural raw talent, it ain't ever going to happen.

Practice is the main ingredient

Only if you have the ability. If you have kids with natural ability then obviously practice can make the diffence between becoming a professional or not. Practice though isn't going to turn just anyone into a professional.

I bet there are loads of kids who used to kick mini balls everywhere but haven't come close to making it because they don't have it in them.

I think its the same with musicians and artists. Practice and hard work makes a difference but you have to have it in you to begin with.

I reckon Pippo Inzaghi, Teddy Sheringham and Geoff Horsfield would disagree. Honestly, read interviews with Inzaghi about him as a kid.

Even in his last game against Novara, he watches hours of previous games just to learn the movement of the defenders so he can counter them. He openly admits he can't pass more than 15 yards, sprint more than 50m and doesn't know how to tackle.

The only thing he's taught himself through practice is how to beat the offside trap and beat the goalkeeper.

The players with natural ability are special players like Gazza, Platini, Ronaldinho, Messi etc. But even they practiced for thousands of hours before they got picked up by clubs.