What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

It definitely slows down a little in Mexico but picks up again after. Its a shame really as the moment immediately after you get to Mexico is one of the best moments in gaming, fullstop.

Edited by Chindie

Welllll!

Having to put up with a PC that crashed every time I played games on it I decided to get a new one.

Couldn't be bothered with making one myself so bought the Alienware 

I7 Processor

GTX 660

8 GIG RAM (1600MHZ)

It's nice to be able to play the latest games at the best resolutions!

As I am playing catch up too, I am currently playing:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Defense Grid: The Awakening

And I have tried a stab at the demo of the new Carrier Command

Enjoying my PC Gaming again :-D

Nice one. I am very envious but not of the price! How much was it, if you don't mind me asking.

Sorry missed this, been a tad busy!

It was £900 but I get it tax free so £700. No Monitor but I have a decent Samsung monitor anyway

Been playing the Crysis 3 MP, good fun I guess...Got £40 voucher for Game so gonna wait for Crysis 3 me thinks.

im sure when i get to mexico i start fast travelling everywhere

near ending spoiler -

when you go back to your family is when it really slows down IMO, back to the horse breaking missions etc, really struggle to finish it

i also managed to get out of that bloody leopard mission on FC3, still surprised at how little of the main game ive played, what are people putting as their completion time? im planning on doing the radio towers, bases and probably all the side quests

I find th Lego games a bit dull, but I think that's because I suffer slightly from OCD when it comes to games. I have to go round smashing everything in the destructable environment to collect the studs and it takes me forever to get anywhere, so I just give up instead.

As well as Ni No Kuni, I've also been playing on The Walking Dead here and there. I completed the first chapter last night and I'm really enjoying it so far. I got all the chapters on Steam on sale over the weekend. Bargain.

I love the art style and I suspect with all the choices you have to make that it begs for a couple more playthroughs.

It definitely slows down a little in Mexico but picks up again after. Its a shame really as the moment immediately after you get to Mexico is one of the best moments in gaming, fullstop.

Hmmm, I'm trying to ask this but avoid spoiling it for myself. Dangerous territory.

But I'm out of Mexico now, done a couple of (pretty uneventful) missions in Blackwater. Should I have seen this moment by now? If so it obviously hasn't stuck with me!

Edit: never mind. I misread your post. Thought you said the bit immediately after you LEAVE Mexico.

Although I still don't know which moment you're referring to (probably down to my memory more than the moment itself)

Edited by Stevo985

Don't really remember it :(

Now I'm annoyed at myself for not paying attention!

Here's a question, I've done nearly everything up to now honourably. I'm on pretty much full honour.

Am I missing out on some fun by not being a badass?

And if I decide to turn myself into a badass is there any disadvantage to abandoning my honour?

My original plan was to play through with full honour and then do a second playthrough being a bad guy. But I'm not sure I'd manage a second playthrough.

Edit: Also, where the **** do you find Beavers? I need 5 beaver skins for a mission and can't find any anywhere.

I got all chuffed when I thought I'd happened upon a nice family of beavers. Turns out I'd brutally murdered some innocent raccoons. They died in vain.

Edited by Stevo985

Doesn't the world map have animals printed on it showing you the areas you find them? Either way, one would expect to find them near water. The bit to the north where you find bears has got a river if I recall. I'd try there.

As for the honour system, it's my only real criticism of the game. To me, being dishonourable and going round murdering innocents doesn't fit with the John Marston character, so I felt reluctant to do it.  I wouldn't say you're missing out on much, and by being good and honourable you are being more faithful to the story's canon, in my opinion. There really is nothing much to gain from being evil though I don't think.

Finished the new DmC yesterday. Fantastic game.

Finally moved onto playing Ni No Kuni which so far is every bit as whimsical and enchanting as I wanted it to be.

Also got Asura's Wrath on the go. It's mental.

The bit where you riding into the country to Jose Gonzalez's 'Far Away'?

Bingo. That is just a brilliantly done moment, the kind of thing gaming rarely does.

Some of the few times I've felt that "moment"

Entering Rapture for the first time in BioShock.

Entering Mexico in Red Dead Redemption.

Ascending the final mountain in Journey.

Doesn't the world map have animals printed on it showing you the areas you find them? Either way, one would expect to find them near water. The bit to the north where you find bears has got a river if I recall. I'd try there.

As for the honour system, it's my only real criticism of the game. To me, being dishonourable and going round murdering innocents doesn't fit with the John Marston character, so I felt reluctant to do it.  I wouldn't say you're missing out on much, and by being good and honourable you are being more faithful to the story's canon, in my opinion. There really is nothing much to gain from being evil though I don't think.

YEah I've tried as much water as I can find. Especially in the North, but can't find any.Oh well, I'm sure I'll stumble across some.

And yeah, that's exactly why I've done everything honourably. it seemed like the right way to do it.

I've YouTubed that "Far Away" moment. I'm 99% sure that song didn't play when I entered mexico.

I think you have to use the horse they provide at that point to get the song. If you call for your own horse it does not play the song (IIRC).

You can find beavers on the cliffs just north of the ship wrecked steamboat on the south coast of America.

The Jose Gonzales part was quite a nice touch as well.

I have completed the main story now so have little to do other than the little side missions . I have to admit I used the cheats all through the game because I loved having all the weapons with infinite ammo. The explosive rifle is amazing. I love turning bears into red mist .

I really hope there is a sequel but if not, I am sure the new GTA will suffice .

Cheats? I neve runderstand people who use cheats (no offence)

You have pretty much unlimited ammo in the game anyway to be fair.

Cheers for the tips about Beavers (wheyoo). I'll get searching (next time I get to play, never have time for this anymore!)

I definitely calle dmy own horse when I got to Mexico because I remember the first thing I thought when I landed was "I wonder if I get to keep my horse" so called him to see.

I'm annoyed now.

I also missed 'one of the greatest moments in gaming' because I called my own horse in RDR. Which I find hilarious. Why the **** should it matter what horse I ride into mexico. Is it a musical horse? A specifically musical horse. No. There's stupid. I was going to replay that game some time soon, **** that. It's like, imagine being robbed of that moment in Zelda Ocarina of Time, where you step out on to Hyrule Field for the first time, cos you have the wrong sword equipped. I believe the saying nowadays is 'facepalm'

Â