What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

27 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

You lucky bugger. I would love to be playing that (or any Soulsborne game for that matter) for the first time.

I actually forgot I got the 3 DS games as a pack.  Been looking for something new to play and found it in my library. Happy days 🥳

• Like 1

On 03/08/2023 at 16:41, hogso said:

What's generally considered to be the best Far Cry? Never played one. 

Whilst pretty much everyone would agree that Far Cry 3 is the best, if you were going to play one now FC3 would feel really dated, so i'd go with 6.   

It's also free on Playstation Plus (Extra).

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/08/2023 at 16:41, hogso said:

What's generally considered to be the best Far Cry? Never played one. 

I haven't played 3 yet. Started with 4, then played 5, 6 and Primal.

My favourite by some way was Far Cry 4; but it may be because it's the first one I found.

Far Cry 5 was very good but got quite repetitive; I've got 6 and started but never finished it.

Far Cry Primal is really good, but very different to the rest of them

On 26/08/2023 at 08:24, ismail-villa said:

Finally got round to playing Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. Enjoying it so far but have a bad habit of picking up a game, not playing it for a few weeks, then forgetting the controls. 

I liked that a lot,so when Jedi Survivor came out some months ago i bought,and played that too. And it was like the first game,only better in every way. They took all the parts i didnt enjoy to much (like the sliding,and backtracking in lack of teleportationpoints,etc),and removed it,or made it way better. And it has a good story,and characters in it.

So if you like Fallen Order,i think you really will enjoy Jedi Survivor.

Edited by fleksnes
  • Like 1

On 05/08/2023 at 17:34, Designer1 said:

You lucky bugger. I would love to be playing that (or any Soulsborne game for that matter) for the first time.

Really struggling tbh, feel totally out of practice.  Not even that far in but I think I've chosen the wrong build and will probably start again.  My main killer is the big tree boss (3rd boss I think).  If it wasn't for the minions keep respawning I'd probably not have a problem but when you're concentrating on the boss and these things just attack you from a blind spot, it does my head in.

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Re4 remake and without wanting to sound too wet here... Its unenjoyably hard even in normal setting, they've almost purposefully set it so you just run, you can't fight

I posted a critical video of the remake in the RE thread when it came out, from the sounds of it they unbalanced the game with a lot of their changes. Focusing on a parry mechanic being one of them.

My recollection of that video was it essentially being the fevered ranting of a fanboy who simply cannot accept that RE4 was anything less than a perfect masterpiece and anything that wasn't a carbon copy was rubbish. He even went on about the older game looking better, which it simply doesn't.

REmake 4 is superb. I platinumed it, it's a brilliant, brilliant, brilliant game. Isn't perfect, like the original wasn't, but so fun, so good to play. Excellent.

I don't think it is fun, I'm dying a lot, I think they've moved away from what I think is RE gameplay, they seem to setting you up for arenas where you have to do a lot of running around to avoid enemies, a lot of ducking in and out of buildings and then setting yp enemies for the melee finish be it through stunning them or parrying them

Its a bit weird and like I said for me personally even on the normal setting seemingly very hard

I just want to shoot everything and then move on, this game won't let me do that

That's what RE4 is known for. High level play was always about keeping on the move, popping the enemies into a stun and meleeing them to conserve ammo. The remake just ups the speed and fluidity of things, and adds the parry which you barely need to use bar a couple of later sections.

Superb game.

Just one trophy to go for the Plat (I think) in Days Gone. 

Takes a few hours to get going before it really shows it's strengths, but once you put the time in...I've got to say it's been one of my best experiences with an open world game, well, ever. 

True enough though that I bought in to the zombie apocalypse and biker vibe very quickly, and that absolutely wouldn't be for everyone. 

Such a shame there's apparently going to be no sequel, especially given the stinger in that final cut scene of the last post game mission. Really, truly, did not see that coming! Put a massive stupid smile on my face...which was wiped off when I remembered no one will probably ever know what was supposed to happen next! 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Saints row remake on xbox. Im interested to see how this compares to original whoch waa absolutely brilliant 

It's a reboot tbh Dem, not a remake.

It's a very average open world game which doesn't have any of the subversive OTT entertainment of the original Saints Row 1-4.

I was really disappointed tbh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The reboot was so bad that the studio was shut down last week. Volition released Agents of Mayhem which bombed super hard, reviewed terribly, and sold poorly. They then followed it up with a reboot following some Gen Z "gangsters" that spend more time complaining about student loans than gang shit. Saints Row reboot also bombed super hard, reviewed even worse than Agents of Mayhem, and sold terribly. I never want to see anyone lose their jobs, especially at a studio that has been around for 30-years, but in the AAA space you can't be spending $200-300 million (not counting marketing) developing two games that fail to hit expectations. 

Deep Silver in a poorly worded eulogy post has said that Saints Row and Red Faction will live on at other studios, but Volition are gone and the Saints Row reboot played a huge role in that. 

12 hours ago, hogso said:

Just one trophy to go for the Plat (I think) in Days Gone. 

Takes a few hours to get going before it really shows it's strengths, but once you put the time in...I've got to say it's been one of my best experiences with an open world game, well, ever. 

True enough though that I bought in to the zombie apocalypse and biker vibe very quickly, and that absolutely wouldn't be for everyone. 

Such a shame there's apparently going to be no sequel, especially given the stinger in that final cut scene of the last post game mission. Really, truly, did not see that coming! Put a massive stupid smile on my face...which was wiped off when I remembered no one will probably ever know what was supposed to happen next! 

I've tried Days Gone a few times but just couldn't get into it.  You say it takes a few hours to get going so maybe I should go back to it and give it a bit more time.

Â