What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

The Quarry, which is basically the sequel to Until Dawn.  

spacer.png

Halfway through and pretty good.  Not as scary as Until Dawn (yet) but it’s buildng up nicely. 

It’s also on PS Plus Extra for free.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Just downloading the Diablo IV demo.  Remember playing 2 years ago and really enjoyed it. Be interesting to see how far it's come.

Out of all the games being released this year, D4 is the one I'm hyped about the most.

Spent a ridiculous amount of time on D3 (after they dumped all the real money bollocks it was superb) and as this supposedly hits a sweet spot between D2 and 3 I can see me doing the same again.

• Like 2

Playing Horizon Forbidden West.

Couldn’t get into it for the first 3-4 hours then the plot kicked in and it got good.

Then a side quest made me fight a Thunderjaw and suddenly I remembered what was so good about the first one.

Now 20 hours in and loving every minute of it. The machines are just so good to fight, every one is a new challenge and needs a different way of thinking and different weapons to beat it. 

image.thumb.jpeg.98bbf666ae7c92e91f3457653eaf7265.jpeg  

Oh and it’s free on PS Plus Extra!

Edited by ender4
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Designer1 said:

RE4 Remake.

I can't remember the GC original being so difficult. Maybe it's just me getting old 😕 

It's v.good so far.

One of my favourite games of all time is the format still the same pretty much with the merchant etc?

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

One of my favourite games of all time is the format still the same pretty much with the merchant etc?

Yes, it's very much kept the core of the original but with a contemporary make over. 

I can see why its been getting great reviews.

• Thanks 1

Although I finally, after buying it across 4 formats, managed to finish the original Resi 4 last year and enjoyed it, I'm very much looking forward to playing it with a modernised reimagining. I get why the original is so singular and beloved, it does that on rails shooting gallery thing while also giving you control of the character, it's still a very acquired taste and feels weird if you're used to playing the games that came in the 20 years after its release that tinkered and perfected the style it created.

Very hyped to play the new one.

• Like 1

On 23/03/2023 at 13:38, dubbs said:

Just downloading the Diablo IV demo.  Remember playing 2 years ago and really enjoyed it. Be interesting to see how far it's come.

Im looking forward to see i love diablo games 

Put about 20 hours in to breath of the wild, I'm not a zelda fan to be fair...its alright, hard to pin it down, love the look of it*, not sold on the combat, often surprised by how hard it can be, hate the weapons breaking, the foraging and stuff and cooking I'm not overly fussed by and it can feel tedious, the world and the map is absolutely **** incredible, its like a 7/10 game with one of the best maps I've ever played and it just about keeps me hooked but honest I'm not sure I'll even finish it, story doesn't do a fat lot for me

I don't think it's up there with the likes GoW or GoT or even horizon, what thru squeeze out of the switch is incredible but in so many ways it's a huge step down, lack of voice acting being the obvious one 

* the art style paired with the oled is beautiful...but firing it up on the big TV does it no favours, it looked rough 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Im looking forward to see i love diablo games 

Got too be honest, something didn't click with me this time like it has previously. Yes it looks really nice but I don't know. Maybe the combat system today is just a bit basic.  Im sure I'll pick it up once it's been out for a while but for me it's no day one purchase.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just started diablo 2 but have to say its not good so far. Seems abit all over the place. Maybe if i did it before playing 3 it might feel differently 

But its very meh

It's a weird game for me.

When I first played it on PC many years ago it was easily one of my favourite games and I'd sink hours into it.

Then, when D3 came out I did the same with that and again had a cracking time.

I pre ordered the D2 remake because I was so confident of it being brilliant and able to rekindle those warm memories of when I first played it...

I think I lasted a few hours into it and I've barely touched it since. I'm not sure if I'd been incredibly spoiled by how good D3 turned out eventually, or if an overload of nostalgia had clouded my memory and judgment. Probably a mixture of both tbh.

So yeah, I kinda understand what you mean.

I'm still hyped to **** about D4 though 😁

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

It's a weird game for me.

When I first played it on PC many years ago it was easily one of my favourite games and I'd sink hours into it.

Then, when D3 came out I did the same with that and again had a cracking time.

I pre ordered the D2 remake because I was so confident of it being brilliant and able to rekindle those warm memories of when I first played it...

I think I lasted a few hours into it and I've barely touched it since. I'm not sure if I'd been incredibly spoiled by how good D3 turned out eventually, or if an overload of nostalgia had clouded my memory and judgment. Probably a mixture of both tbh.

So yeah, I kinda understand what you mean.

I'm still hyped to **** about D4 though 😁

I mean the way you hold weapons on this one compared to 3 is terrible and the maps awful.

Its not good. Was hoping as its a remaster they would have taken the better elements of 3 and made it into 2 but sadly no.

Shame but diablo 4 should be absolutely brilliant!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Dead Space 2, about to move on to #3.  Not due to any notion or intention of playing the new remake (for me, similarly to the RE4 Remake, the original is a bit too "recent" in my mind to warrant me being too bothered by a remake at this juncture, having caned it to death first time round), only for whatever reason I'd never gotten round to the Dead Space sequels back in the day.  #2 was fun, though I sort of got the sense that they were starting to fall into that well-worn trap of the action elements overtaking the horror ones (lazy comparison again but see RE5 and 6). Will be interesting to see what the balance is like for #3.

Project Firestart, now there's something I want to see remade.

Hadn't played a Resident Evil game since the first one on PS1. 

Got my hands on a copy of RE7 the other day. Holy hell what happened to those games!!! I fair shat my pants after about 15 minutes playing. It's like 18 shades of nope.

• Like 1

If you've not played any of the in-betweens, then to give some context RE7 was a long overdue return to actually being shit-your-pants scary (no matter how many playthroughs I'd done or how OP my loadout was, every single time I had to go into the damned cellar wigged me the feck out).  The much maligned RE6 was a cobbled-together mess of a straight-up action shooter, RE5 was a decent action game with very light horror elements  and RE4 was probably the last of that run that had some genuinely hair-raising moments (the first time you encounter the Regeneradors... *gulp*).

• Like 2

Funnily enough I'm now finding out that the Dead Space series seems to have blazed a similar trail of leaning too much into the action; about half-way through #3 now and by the time you can cobble together some passable weaponry, it's a cakewalk of a shooting gallery with a smattering of jump-scares.  Feels closer to Lost Planet (which I did love, to be fair) that the original Dead Space now, just without all the cool mech-fighting.

• Like 1

Â