What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

It's a 'soulslike' Star Wars game.  The sequel for which is out soon too.

I'd liken it closer to uncharted with a lightsaber, it's kind of open world but not really, it's a series of big arenas, exploration is actually more rewarding than uncharted, its got some big set piece moments and decent enough story line

I got about 10 hours in and then distracted by something else, would say its a 7/10 game worth playing but not on the same level as the Sony AAA games that's its basing itself on

Edited by villa4europe

Bannerlord. I deliberately avoided it before Xmas as I knew I would be hooked.

It's a great game and accessible to anyone thanks to the difficulty settings. I leave 25% damage on for my own character so I can do my best 300 impersonation.

The main quest is annoying so would recommend Sandbox mode after completing the tutorial and the early story missions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I'm becoming good at COD MW2, doing nothing but Shoot the Ship has helped me massively. Me thumbs are knackered though

Same, I’m much better at the close quarters maps than the larger ones populated by snipers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jim said:

Same, I’m much better at the close quarters maps than the larger ones populated by snipers.

I really need more time on this game but I just end up being an easy kill most of the time 😂

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

I really need more time on this game but I just end up being an easy kill most of the time 😂

I know the feeling for 10 years I just played campaigns as I was so shit in multiplayer. Since MW2019 I’ve really got into it, I’m still shit but getting better!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dubbs said:

Do Shoot the Ship, its transformed me into a teenager. Dont forget to upgrade your weapons, I only found that out by accident.

Edited by Talldarkandransome
  • Thanks 1

Just finished Deathloop. Loved it, as I tend to with most Arkane stuff.

About to start on Cyberpunk.  Would be lying if I said I wasn't still quite excited about finally getting around to it, despite the whole hoopla. At any rate it was only £9, so I can definitely forgive some jankiness.

• Like 1

On 10/02/2023 at 19:13, GarethRDR said:

Just finished Deathloop. Loved it, as I tend to with most Arkane stuff.

About to start on Cyberpunk.  Would be lying if I said I wasn't still quite excited about finally getting around to it, despite the whole hoopla. At any rate it was only £9, so I can definitely forgive some jankiness.

It's ace.

• Like 1

Currently playing through Wild Hearts, the new Monster Hunter-clone from Koei Tecmo. It's not out until Friday, but those that played and enjoyed Monster Hunter World might want to give it a look. The game has huge performance issues on PC, so might be one to check out on Xbox Series X|S or PS5 if you happen to own one. Very fun game so far. 

Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance. Off the back of near 100%'ing Circle of the Moon (which gets a lot of undeserved flak) which I loved, this one is just grating on me a bit. The middle of the game is unnecessarily obtuse and there's just way too much backtracking (much more than is typical in Metroidvanias). Luckily the movement is pretty swift, otherwise I would have dropped this. Can't wait to get to Aria of Sorrow.

Back to Sekiro for the next week or so. One of my favourite games and one that I always come back to once a year or so to run through it.

Extremely satisfying, perfectly responsive and, most importantly, fair combat. It's one of the best examples of how to look like an unstoppable killing machine with a few presses of L1 and R1.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

Very good so far and if you're a fan of the Nioh games you should feel right at home with this one.

Also still playing Midnight Suns (probably my favourite Marvel game ever) and have started a fresh run on Remnant from the Ashes in anticipation of its sequel coming out soon.

• Like 1

Â