What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Just got hold of Red Dead Redemption 2 on PS4 which should arrive in next few days.

What are folks thoughts on it? 

IMO it's too big for its own good, it's massive and a little unwieldy with far more distractions than the first game or even gta 5 whilst at the same time having a less accessible or interesting story, as a result I found myself losing hours of play to hunting or random stuff

There were bits of the story that went a bit slow and I wasn't feeling it and yet I managed to put 15 hours in say 2 weeks in to the game not touching the story, it's far less focused than the previous game or gta 

Its an incredible game and incredible piece of work, the pinnacle of gaming in a lot of ways and yet at the same time simply didn't grab me in the same way as rockstar can and therefore it fell just short of my probably unfair "best game ever discussion" expectations 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Just got hold of Red Dead Redemption 2 on PS4 which should arrive in next few days.

It's an incredible game.

It isn't perfect. It's slow to get going, it takes a couple of narrative turns that don't quite work, and it's controls take a while to get your eye in on due to them having an unusual amount of weight. But it's otherwise pretty astounding.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Once you are out of the snowy mountains - chapter 1, it certainly improves so keep that in mind when you think it's too ploddy. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Woohoo the 2020 PlayStation wrap up is finally here!

I've not seen that before, is it the first time they've done it? I've had a PlayStation for years. 

On 04/02/2021 at 16:48, dubbs said:

I've not seen that before, is it the first time they've done it? I've had a PlayStation for years. 

Was about last year, though I had turned off "additional data" collection ( [Settings] > [Device Data/Health & Safety] > [Device Data] ) so all the hours I had ploughed into Burly Men at Sea was lost into the ether and didn't show up in my report (last year's was basically "here are the 3 trophies you finally got from wipEoutHD on the PS3", rather than the hours of PS4 games I was expecting).

Just going to start Wolfenstein New Colossus because i played the original 3D game many many years ago... and i feel like shooting some people after grinding some open world games recently.   Hope it's like what i remember from the original.

I'm finishing up some outstanding games - Trying to get a clean slate for May (Mass Effect trilogy release)

So Star Wars Fallen Order (I'll need to start again as been a year since I last played it), Borderlands 3 DLC, and if time permits LEGO Jurassic World.

I'll still drop into Madden 21 ultimate team and my online franchise, and Marvel's Avengers for some odd mission runs.

Just completed "Return of the Obra Dinn". The second commercial release from the maker of Papers Please, Lucas Pope.

It's a detective game where you have to deduce what happened to the crew of an empty ship after it unexpectedly returns 5 years after being lost at sea. 

It's one of the best games I've ever played and an astonishing feat from the solo developer.

Gone on a bit of a binge on grand strategy games, so currently switching between Crusader Kings III and Imperator: Rome.

Imperator just got a massive 2.0 overhaul, and I really like it so far. It covers a period of history that I find very interesting, and it has some equally interesting mechanics. It's had a very rocky life since it's release around two years ago, but Paradox seems intent on fixing it and making it good.

These kinds of games are real time sinks, and I've spent quite a bit of time in Crusader Kings III as well, so I don't think I have time for much else. 😁

Finally got the Platinum on Fallout 4  (decided to create a new character recently for that very purpose) really glad I did too, as on my first playthroigh a few years ago I'd missed so many good storylines and missions.

Picked up Nioh 2 today and I'm currently updating it to the PS5 version. Loved the first one and this is supposedly even better, so looking forward to seeing how it looks in glorious 60fps with updated graphics.

Currently addicted to Dirt 2.0.

Got a Playseat for my birthday and bought myself a Thrustmaster wheel (for anyone who doesn't know what these are....I'm not making the names up! 😁)

I'm terrible at it, but it's good fun!

Before christmas, I was playing AOE 2 & 3 as I bought the definitive editions on steam. Rolling back the years. Got me all excited for AOE4....if it ever gets released!

Â