What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

On 12/03/2021 at 09:39, ismail-villa said:

Ratchet & Clank. Forgot how fun the game was back in the day. Playing it again because it's free from the store. 

I’ve always wanted to love R&C but just never got into it for some reason. Was always a Jak & Daxter man. 

10 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I’ve always wanted to love R&C but just never got into it for some reason. Was always a Jak & Daxter man. 

I do like Jak & Daxter, but as a young'un I'd always played more R&C. Which reminds me of a funny story, I wanted to play Jak 3 and having an older brother I'd always have to wait for him to finish playing before I could play. I was 8 and ended up rewriting a new save over his existing save.. and he was so close to the end of the game lmao. 

I don't know why they stopped or haven't brought j&d back, not sure if those style of games are considered successful on playstation anymore, r&c I think will do OK but sackboy which are usually great games was a bit quiet 

And what are naughty dog doing now? They said uncharted was finished, it's not like the last of us needs a ton of post launch support... They should have something new up their sleeve, uncharted was 5 years ago now

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I don't know why they stopped or haven't brought j&d back, not sure if those style of games are considered successful on playstation anymore, r&c I think will do OK but sackboy which are usually great games was a bit quiet 

And what are naughty dog doing now? They said uncharted was finished, it's not like the last of us needs a ton of post launch support... They should have something new up their sleeve, uncharted was 5 years ago now

I thought they were working on a J&D remake for PS5? Or was that just a rumour?

Edit: Quick Google suggests it was just a rumour.

Edited by Delphouneso

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I imagine Naughty Dog went straight into production on Last of Us: Factions (the multiplayer for Last of Us: Part 2) and pre-production has likely started on Last of Us: Part 3. 

Now I personally don't think there needs to be a Part 3, but Neil Druckmann feels like the kind of writer/director that wants a perfect trilogy under his belt, so I don't see him passing up the chance to try and achieve that.

Plus with the Last of Us show coming to HBO, the popularity of Last of Us will be at an all time high in a couple years, Sony/Naughty Dog will likely want to capitalise on that with a new game in the series. 

I would love them to make a new IP though. I think Naughty Dog are at their best when they have a blank slate to work with.

• Like 1

On 21/02/2021 at 20:12, wilko154 said:

I've always wondered how these setups are with games.

Does it feel quite realistic when you have the seat and the wheel?

Far better than a controller yes, obviously would be better yet if you had a full on simulator with the hydraulics etc but steering wheel is all I'll ever be able to afford! Some good feedback through it and different rallies have different levels of feedback. Apparently it's very noisy downstairs when I'm using it though lol.

On 23/02/2021 at 11:52, RunRickyRun said:

If you have a VR headset, Dirt Rally is exceptional. I can only imagine how much better it would be with a wheel set up though!

I'd probably be sick with a VR headset, some of the settings on there already make me feel a bit queezy as standard haha.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Usually just play Conan exiles on my series S.

Waiting on that Back4Blood releasing but for pushed back to October..

Would love that Valhalla to release from pc on consoles looks wonderful.

May see the new streaming browser on Xbox this year as it's in alpha test phaze for those currently in the testing modes of the consoles, soon as that happens anyone on Xbox will be able to play a large variety of pc games.

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.  Pretty much a love letter to Wing Commander/Freelancer/Colony Wars without the complexity of Elite: Dangerous or the monotony of No Man's Sky.  Highly recommended if that sort of thing grabs you.  If you've played the original Rebel Galaxy (think it was a PS+ freebie some years back), picture that but swap out the 2-D planes of frigate-style combat for fully 3-D fighter-style.  Only in the early game but there seems to be a fair amount of stuff to get your teeth stuck into and a decent amount of freedom in how you go about making cash, I'm currently skipping from nebula-to-nebula mining asteroids (seems to be the best money-maker thus far) after getting my ass handed to me in combat one too many times.

Edited by GarethRDR

Just started Disco Elysium: the final cut on PS5.  It's an RPG where you play as a detective.  Only put about an hour into it so far but it's really clever the way they have actually voiced the voice in his head.  Some really interesting characters met so far.  Just started an investigation into the apparent lynching of a man involved in a trade dispute. 

On 05/04/2021 at 22:35, dubbs said:

Just started Disco Elysium: the final cut on PS5.  It's an RPG where you play as a detective.  Only put about an hour into it so far but it's really clever the way they have actually voiced the voice in his head.  Some really interesting characters met so far.  Just started an investigation into the apparent lynching of a man involved in a trade dispute. 

There's a major bug on day 3 but hopefully this will be patched in the next day or so. I started a second playthrough whilst I was waiting and spec'd into intimidation and physical violence - very satisfying!

• Like 1

Just a few collectables left on LEGO Jurassic World and I'm done with that. Probably gonna load up FFX-2 again and finish that one off after. Still dropping in and out of Avengers.

The road to Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster is almost clear.

Mostly AC Valhalla and Empire of Sin (XCom / Civilisation hybrid with gangsters) the latter of which is extremely addictive.

Also thinking about picking up Rebel Galaxy Outlaw to scratch the Elite itch.

Edited by Designer1

Monster Hunter Rise. 

Wow. It’s amazing. Possibly the most accessible one yet. It’s still nails but it seems a lot more easy to get into than past games. I’ve always dabbled with them on various platforms but never been hooked until this one. Possibly the best looking switch game yet as well. It’s absolutely gorgeous to look at. 

• Like 1

Doing a second play-through of Dying Light after having beat it when it first came out.  One of my favorite games and hopefully the second comes out this year, we shall see.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Doing a second play-through of Dying Light after having beat it when it first came out.  One of my favorite games and hopefully the second comes out this year, we shall see.

Forgot all about that. Such a massively under appreciated game. It really is stunning to play, I’m gonna have to dig it out now!

• Like 2

Tried Enlisted today.  Its a very poor imitation of Battlefield.   Controls are clunky,  visuals aren't great but on the plus side its free on PS5.

Edited by dubbs

Â