What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Currently addicted to Dirt 2.0.

Got a Playseat for my birthday and bought myself a Thrustmaster wheel (for anyone who doesn't know what these are....I'm not making the names up! 😁)

I'm terrible at it, but it's good fun!

Before christmas, I was playing AOE 2 & 3 as I bought the definitive editions on steam. Rolling back the years. Got me all excited for AOE4....if it ever gets released!

I've always wondered how these setups are with games.

Does it feel quite realistic when you have the seat and the wheel?

On 19/02/2021 at 12:15, Designer1 said:

Picked up Nioh 2 today and I'm currently updating it to the PS5 version. Loved the first one and this is supposedly even better, so looking forward to seeing how it looks in glorious 60fps with updated graphics.

This game is **** glorious! Not only to look at (it is beautiful),  also the gameplay is so slick and satisfying and the use of NPC co-op is absolutely bang on.

Love it.

Really getting in to Ys 8 on the switch. Great game so far. Still fairly early into it but it’s very charming. Will pick up 9 when it’s out. Has anyone played Ys Origins? Don’t know whether to splurge on it?

On 21/02/2021 at 16:45, Adam_ said:

Currently addicted to Dirt 2.0.

Got a Playseat for my birthday and bought myself a Thrustmaster wheel (for anyone who doesn't know what these are....I'm not making the names up! 😁)

I'm terrible at it, but it's good fun!

Before christmas, I was playing AOE 2 & 3 as I bought the definitive editions on steam. Rolling back the years. Got me all excited for AOE4....if it ever gets released!

If you have a VR headset, Dirt Rally is exceptional. I can only imagine how much better it would be with a wheel set up though!

15 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Going a bit old school right now and playing some Elder Scrolls Oblivion on my PC. Best of the series in my opinion, and just never get bored with it.

Agreed. Plus shivering isles is one of the best expansions they’ve ever made. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Really getting in to Ys 8 on the switch. Great game so far. Still fairly early into it but it’s very charming. Will pick up 9 when it’s out. Has anyone played Ys Origins? Don’t know whether to splurge on it?

Viii is certainly the best I’ve played of the series, the stranded on a mysterious island gimmick lends itself really well to the camp building / survivor recruiting game play cycle, and the action RPG elements too. IX came in the post for me the other day, can’t imagine I’ll get much chance to play it, but I understand that it’s setting isn’t a patch on Viii. I haven’t played Origins.

And re Elder Scrolls, it’s really hard for me to say which I like the best, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim all have moments I can still recall with fondness...as for Shivering Isles, got to be one of the best DLCs ever.

Jesus, was playing og Xbox THUG 2 on the xb360 earlier, what a steaming pile of crap that is. I was all about this game when I was a braindead teen. Jackass? Bam? Sign me up! Thought it was the best game ever!

I’ve been playing through all the Tony Hawks games and got to this one, played the first level and turned off. Awful. Absolute dog ****. Doesn’t deserve a place in the collection. Going straight to CeX when it opens again. 

Picked up Control for free on PS+ having almost bought it a few times previously. Kinda struggling to get into it, I really wanna like it, and there's so much about it I should like, it's just not clicking so far. Also the performance on a base PS4 is straight up bad, frequently experiencing massive frame drops, the map just doesn't load 50% of the time, and some textures are basically just a blur unless you stand right next to them, I can literally make them pop in and out by walking back and forward. Can't really complain having got it for free, but I'd be a bit miffed if I'd paid decent money for it.

Not sure where else to put this and I'm not going to use it. I bought a razor keyboard from Amazon the other day and they've sent me a 40% off Xbox Game Pass code for PC (£14.39 instead of £23.99).Better than nothing I guess. Drop me a PM if you want it.

About to finish Chapter 2 on Red, Dead Redemption 2 and quite enjoying it. 

I find the combat/shooting clunky but I’m not one for shooting type games. other than that it’s pretty good (although feels bloated with characters)

have got Assassins Creed:Valhalla lined up when I’ve cleaned up the Wild West! 

• Like 1

On 10/02/2021 at 10:18, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'm finishing up some outstanding games - Trying to get a clean slate for May (Mass Effect trilogy release)

So Star Wars Fallen Order (I'll need to start again as been a year since I last played it), Borderlands 3 DLC, and if time permits LEGO Jurassic World.

I'll still drop into Madden 21 ultimate team and my online franchise, and Marvel's Avengers for some odd mission runs.

So the last few weeks I've finished up Marvels Avengers, Borderlands 3 DLC and Plat Astro. Starting my new save on Fallen Order now and will drop into Jurassic World LEGO for a change of pace.

On track for a clean slate ready for Mass Effect!

On 27/02/2021 at 13:07, theboyangel said:

About to finish Chapter 2 on Red, Dead Redemption 2 and quite enjoying it. 

I find the combat/shooting clunky but I’m not one for shooting type games. other than that it’s pretty good (although feels bloated with characters)

have got Assassins Creed:Valhalla lined up when I’ve cleaned up the Wild West! 

Both great games. AC:V is brilliant for the setting. It doesn't feel much like an Assassins Creed game which is its strength I think. Also there's a great mission where you have to go and kick Tamworth's arse

RDR2 is a masterpiece and ties into RDR1 really well. 

• Like 1

Thought I would jump into this one as I'm very much into games but never have time to play them (apart from the 80 hours I dropped into FFVII Remake last year).

Anyway wife has been working evenings so I have had the kids so we have been banging through a few games including SackBoy, Crash 4 (which took me 500+ attempts to complete the last crash point on the 2nd to last level) and as of two nights ago Miles Morales (I've had it since xmas but not got round to playing) which is incredible on the PS5 - what a game. Need to crack on through COD as its taking up 1/4 of my storage and will need space when a few more games come out in the spring.

warning: contains waffle.

Going through the Tony Hawks games at the moment and time has not been kind to some of them. THPS4 was always my favourite in my head but it’s really not that great now. The mechanics/levels etc are all fine but I just found the set up and feel a bit meh.

Both THUG games are very weird games, I mentioned how bad I thought THUG2 is now, I bloody loved it at the time but now it’s probably my least favourite hawk game. Utter tripe. THUG1 still holds up today but then and even now I just can’t get into it. It’s not a bad game by any stretch though. 

THPS4/THUG/THUG2 (and AW to some degree) are all so sloppily and poorly made, it’s really marred my historic opinion of neversoft as developers. Some real juvenile and questionable tones at times.

Average: Project 8. Such a bizarre game. It didn’t feel like a Hawk game but it does actually play really nice when the frame rate holds up. Nail a trick was crap though. The graphics are good yet strange at the same time and the frame rate at times is single digit. Good levels though and a good stab at a semi open world. Rubbish story. Decent game.

Now the good. My appreciation for THPS3 has grown, I think it’s my favourite. I always enjoyed it but the variety in levels, the secret characters and the mechanics are all great today. The perfect game for me I think. Playing through it now on 360 BC and I love it. It’s a 10/10 for me. 

One big surprise is how good American Wasteland still is today. It has a few racist cultural faux pas within the story mode which aren’t great to see and the engine really was at stretching point and held together with sellotape and glue at this point. 360 version powered it through with some new shiny to paper over the creaks and cracks. But playing it it is so well done and I definitely didn’t appreciate the game all that much when it first came out. Great levels design. The classic mode has quite a few old levels re done which I never knew about. That was a nice surprise. Minneapolis/Downtown doesn’t look half bad compared to the THPS1+2 remake. All in all, a daft story aside, it’s so much better than I remembered. A pleasant surprise.

Still to play Proving Grounds but it’s on the shelf ready to go. Never played it but not heard good things. Obviously I’ve smashed through THPS1+2 on PS4, that’s another 10/10 game for me. 

Word of warning: THUG2 runs like a dog on 360 BC and THPS4 has some weird UI overlay glitches in game. 

TL:DR

10/10: THPS 1+2 remakes, THPS3.

8/10: American Wasteland

7/10: Project 8, THPS4

6/10: THUG

4/10: THUG2

• Like 1

Recently I'd lost my enthusiasm for single player games, partly because I've not had much time to play them as I like to have a good window of time to get stuck into these games, so I've been mainly using my PS5 for YouTube and the odd games of FIFA, Apex Legends and Cold War. 

But now I've got time to get through the backlog of games I have, some games I started then just stopped randomly so I'll restart them.

Marvel Avengers, Days Gone, AC Ezio Collection, Star Wars Fallen Order. Might also replay Spider-Man Miles Morales (can never get bored of the Spider-Man games).

Binned off The Last Of Us 2 though. I just watched it on YouTube, I found it a chore and was not enjoying it even though I do like the story. 

• Like 1

On 05/03/2021 at 08:44, Dante_Lockhart said:

So the last few weeks I've finished up Marvels Avengers, Borderlands 3 DLC and Plat Astro. Starting my new save on Fallen Order now and will drop into Jurassic World LEGO for a change of pace.

On track for a clean slate ready for Mass Effect!

Nearly finished J:FO (really enjoyed), so might have time to squeeze in FFX-2 which I need to carry on with too. I THINK, apart from Uncharted which I played about 20minutes of, that's everything I've started and not finished, finished.

Â