What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Don’t mean to hijack your post hogso, but I’m just making a list of the games people have recommended as I like watching IGN reviews before I buy.

I’m just narrowing down currently what I don’t like. So far I’ve struggled to get into GTA5, Spider-Man and Breath of the wild (which are all classed as open world right?) 

I’ve always been into fantasy kind of stuff, so games that have held my attention has been stuff like World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, Skyrim.

Based on what’s been recommended I’m looking at Witcher 3, Dark Souls, Dragon Age

EDIT : shit looks like Witcher is open world too so I’ll give a bit of reasoning as to why I’m struggling with the games I mentioned above;

spider man I struggle to get on with the combat / fighting controls. Feel as if there’s too much going on at times in terms of side quests and collecting stuff

GTA5 great game, just not my cup of tea and can’t get into it, perhaps I’d like RDR better. 

BOTW not sure why I put this game down. I think I just fell out of love with my switch altogether to be honest.

Trust me... I do like games. 😂

Edited by MCU

2 hours ago, MCU said:

Don’t mean to hijack your post hogso, but I’m just making a list of the games people have recommended as I like watching IGN reviews before I buy.

I’m just narrowing down currently what I don’t like. So far I’ve struggled to get into GTA5, Spider-Man and Breath of the wild (which are all classed as open world right?) 

I’ve always been into fantasy kind of stuff, so games that have held my attention has been stuff like World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, Skyrim.

Based on what’s been recommended I’m looking at Witcher 3, Dark Souls, Dragon Age

EDIT : shit looks like Witcher is open world too so I’ll give a bit of reasoning as to why I’m struggling with the games I mentioned above;

spider man I struggle to get on with the combat / fighting controls. Feel as if there’s too much going on at times in terms of side quests and collecting stuff

GTA5 great game, just not my cup of tea and can’t get into it, perhaps I’d like RDR better. 

BOTW not sure why I put this game down. I think I just fell out of love with my switch altogether to be honest.

Trust me... I do like games. 😂

I'll probably struggle to help you here as other than Skyrim I haven't played the games that have held your attention.

I would say that if you like Skyrim then you'll love The Witcher, both are fairly similar in the way the worlds work.

If you're more into swords and bows than guns then both of the latest Assassins Creeds would also be worth a look, although open world both are outstanding.

• Thanks 1

Been having a run through some of the Soulsborne games (again) to keep my skills up for when Demon's Souls drops. Already blazed through DS1 and Bloodborne again and currently on a new DS2 run with a high int build.

Also picked up Wreckfest which is right up my driving game street - loads of modes, loads of cars, loads of customisation, loads of insane damage and loads of fun.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

so i've had my PS4 for 5 years now. 

2016 to 2019 - played & completed 10 games in 4 years averaging 2.5 games per year.

2020 - played & completed 12 games in 11.5 months! 

lockdown has done wonders for my gaming backlog.

• Like 2

Just finished:

Days Gone - was fun, a little long and dragged in the middle, slow start, but decent final third.  6/10.

Dishonored 2 - good gameplay, poor plot, long loading times, weak graphics.  6/10.

Going to start Shadow of the Tomb Raider next.

Agree with days gone, picks up the pace when the hordes start but takes a bit too long to get there, any new ps5 owners who get it on PS+ should definitley give it a go 

Shadow of the tomb raider was good imo slight slight dip on rise but still a solid 8 or 9 out of 10

The "third" one was dull as dishwater though 

17 hours ago, ender4 said:

Just finished:

Days Gone - was fun, a little long and dragged in the middle, slow start, but decent final third.  6/10.

Dishonored 2 - good gameplay, poor plot, long loading times, weak graphics.  6/10.

Going to start Shadow of the Tomb Raider next.

Dishonored 1 and 2 are great games, love the gameplay and story. Would love to see a next gen version.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Dishonored 1 and 2 are great games, love the gameplay and story. Would love to see a next gen version.

let them do deathloop first!

thats the game that im most looking forward to on the PS5 at the moment, looks great fun and art style

Looking forward to the Cyberpunk 2077 release. Will likely wait for the initial bug patches before I get it but it looks very promising. Other than that I'm playing through Pillars of Eternity and Rocket League is a game I'll probably never tire of.

Skyrim. For the uncounted time. Restarted playing it a couple of months back, pretty much did all I could then last week my save games corrupted. So I find myself in a cart about to be executed yet again. Rushed through the main quest up to this morning and now will take a leisurely play through all of the other bits. Really need a new big world game. 

On 18/12/2020 at 14:03, Davkaus said:

Despite loving all of Supergiants previous games, Hades completely passed me by until checking up on GOTY candidates. It's hard, but bloody good.

I've got to the final boss a couple of times, both times with low health and no death defiance, and he's just wiped the floor with me. 

My plan for the next run is to use the shield, stack as much health as possible, and just try to ensure the final fight goes on long enough for me to get a bit of practice dodging his attacks.

Â