What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

No, that's what I think the PS4 did really well, lots of good story driven single player games 

What's your most recommended? I need to step away from online, it's damaging my mental health. It's all I've ever really known. Think it's time I actually enjoyed gaming, at my own pace and not worry about other people getting one over me!

• Like 1

honest...its pretty hard to say, probably the last of us as I think that's the best story, do the remaster and then the new one but there's a few here who didn't enjoy them

you've then got spiderman, god of war, horizon, ghost of tushima, uncharted 4 (and lost legacy), days gone, FF7 remake which are all great games and you could make an argument for them being the best, some would say bloodborne but tbh the souls games aren't my thing, you then have some of the less popular smaller games which are probably "free" on PS now and are worth a play infamous, the order, last guardian, shadow of the colossus, gravity rush and then there are the ones that I haven't played like until dawn, persona 5, Detroit 

58 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

honest...its pretty hard to say, probably the last of us as I think that's the best story, do the remaster and then the new one but there's a few here who didn't enjoy them

you've then got spiderman, god of war, horizon, ghost of tushima, uncharted 4 (and lost legacy), days gone, FF7 remake which are all great games and you could make an argument for them being the best, some would say bloodborne but tbh the souls games aren't my thing, you then have some of the less popular smaller games which are probably "free" on PS now and are worth a play infamous, the order, last guardian, shadow of the colossus, gravity rush and then there are the ones that I haven't played like until dawn, persona 5, Detroit 

Tbf, I used to love the FF games (7, 8, 9 in particular) and picked up 8 for my Switch. I was proper getting into that again, can't figure out why I put it down! Maybe the nostalgia wore off? Regardless, I 100% need to check out the remake of 7, will probably be when I pick the PS5 up now though.

I've also heard a lot of good things about Last Of Us so I'll have a nosey.

Oh, you've also reminded me about Spider-Man. I was really getting into that and again just one day decided to stop playing. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I've always been one for playing games where you can show off your rank or the hours you've put in (hence playing more MMO's, Ultimate Team, CoD back in the day). Think I need to re-evaluate my whole mindset of playing games to enjoy them rather than trying to impress others haha

1 hour ago, MCU said:

What's your most recommended? I need to step away from online, it's damaging my mental health. It's all I've ever really known. Think it's time I actually enjoyed gaming, at my own pace and not worry about other people getting one over me!

I can help you with this as it's exactly what I did last year. I've been working my way through PS4 Exclusives in single player games and I have loved it.

List is below, in order of my favourites.

Last of Us Remastered

God of War

Uncharted 3 Remastered

Uncharted 4

Marvel's Spider-Man

Last of Us 2 (Currently halfway through so it will likely rise higher up this list)

Horizon Zero Dawn

Also played the below on Xbox One which are all solid single player games

Red Dead Redemption 2

Assassins Creed Origins

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MCU said:

single player games are so much more fun that online games. IMO.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MCU said:

Trails of Cold Steel 1, 2, 3 and 4. Say goodbye to your life. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCU said:

Witcher 3 if you've got 100 hours to spare.

• Like 4

I was playing FF7 on Switch earlier in the year, I don't know why I stopped. I even archived it, that's how I know I lost interest. I have 8 and 9 on the backlog as well as 10 which I found for $3 on eBay. You have to be dedicated to play RPG's, that's the problem. It was all well and good when I was a teenager and had nothing better to do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MCU said:

Dark Souls 1,2 and 3.

Bloodborne.

Assassins Creed Origins and Odyssey. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MCU said:

Uncharted 4

Far Cry 5

Detroit Beyond Human

Until Dawn

Witcher 3

Marvels Spider-man

• Like 1

Has anyone played Watch Dogs:Legion?

I've never played any Watch Dogs games, and seem to remember people saying they're a bit mediocre, but I saw trailer for it and was quite impressed with how they recreated London so searched for some gameplay. I don't think I've ever seen a game do a better job on a real city, but it's a little disorientating if you know London well. It looks like all the major landmarks are there as well as many other recognisable buildings, they've just had to be a bit creative with spacing and placement to get everything in near enough the right place.

9 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Has anyone played Watch Dogs:Legion?

I've never played any Watch Dogs games, and seem to remember people saying they're a bit mediocre, but I saw trailer for it and was quite impressed with how they recreated London so searched for some gameplay. I don't think I've ever seen a game do a better job on a real city, but it's a little disorientating if you know London well. It looks like all the major landmarks are there as well as many other recognisable buildings, they've just had to be a bit creative with spacing and placement to get everything in near enough the right place.

From what I gather its another steady Ubisoft 7/10.  Not great but not rubbish either.   A lot would depend on if you'd enjoyed the other 2, but as you've not played them that's no help!  Difficult to think of another franchise to compare it to.

Giant bomb kind of said there are some really neat touches and interesting stuff in the game but the flip side of the recruitment of "NPCs" is that none of them of really developed in terms of a story, add to that the main story is "toothless" as they called it, lots of on the nose stuff it the setting but not weaved particularly well in to the story

If you didn't know already then from that description alone you would know it was a ubisoft game 

59 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Giant bomb kind of said there are some really neat touches and interesting stuff in the game but the flip side of the recruitment of "NPCs" is that none of them of really developed in terms of a story, add to that the main story is "toothless" as they called it, lots of on the nose stuff it the setting but not weaved particularly well in to the story

If you didn't know already then from that description alone you would know it was a ubisoft game 

I love a lot of the Ubisoft stuff (Far Cry and AC series in particular) but really didn't click with the Watch Dogs games. Shame as the original concept looked extraordinary.

22 hours ago, MCU said:

If you don't mind challenging games, I would recommend Bloodborne and Sekiro. Both excellent single-player experiences.

As others have mentioned, you also can't go wrong with Naughty Dog games.

Uncharted 2, 3 & 4 and Last of Us 1 and 2 are all excellent single player games with high production values. The first Uncharted is good, but you can really see the jump in quality when you start playing the 2nd one.

Of all the ND games, Last of Us 2 in particular is one of the best games I've played in years.

I'd also recommend both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City if you like the Batman universe. To be honest, even if you're not that bothered about Batman they are still very good games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

I love a lot of the Ubisoft stuff (Far Cry and AC series in particular) but really didn't click with the Watch Dogs games. Shame as the original concept looked extraordinary.

I thought Watch Dogs 2 was really good. It was funny and didn't take itself too seriously. 

Like a fun GTA/Saints Row in the LA hacker community.

I'm playing the Dragon Quest XI S demo on PS4. 

This is a port of the Switch version of the game - so slightly graphically inferier to the original version of the game, but it does include a few QOL features, a little more content (including a new post game boss), and to me at least best of all, a fully orchestrated soundtrack which sounds awesome. 

The incredible thing about this though, and the reason I wanted to post about playing a demo, is the generous length of the thing. It'll last you somewhere between 7 and 10 hours. A free demo, with only a few features removed (no trophies, no 2D mode) longer than some full price games? Incredible. It's also a damn fine JRPG too, as long as you go in knowing that DQ is a series which is famous for staying traditional - so it's turn based (although there is an automated fast mode), has big towns with side quests, a massive overworld to traverse, and features a story and world with magic, princes, dragons and such. 

If you've got some free time, like traditional RPGs, and have nothing new to play at the moment, you could do a lot worse than give it a go. Recommended for fans of Ni No Kuni, Final Fantasy, and 16 and 32 bit era RPGs. 

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

Â