What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Yakuza 0, haven't got really into a single player game in years but have loved this so far - hits the right mix of serious story telling and wacky humour but you'll have to do a lot of reading.

20 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Yakuza 0, haven't got really into a single player game in years but have loved this so far - hits the right mix of serious story telling and wacky humour but you'll have to do a lot of reading.

It's about as close to Shenmue as you can get until Shenmue 3 is released in 2037

Still playing Ark Survival Evolved. One of the best games i've ever played. Spent the past three months grafting on a PVP server, battling against being wiped by the Alpha tribe and being raided by other players. The hard work paid off though as i was asked to join the Alpha tribe on Tuesday.

4 minutes ago, V01 said:

FTFY

Truth.

Most times now I think "Oh I'll stick the Witcher on and blast through a few missions"

2 hours later I've done one mission and played about 20 games of Gwent.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm still playing Witcher 3. Still.

Just started playing it again myself, pretty much finishing off the last of the DLC main missions now but still another 30 odd hours in side missions and just taking random side quests etc...

Easily one of the best games of the last 20 years imo. There is just so much there.

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 18:07, AVFCDAN said:

Just started playing it again myself, pretty much finishing off the last of the DLC main missions now but still another 30 odd hours in side missions and just taking random side quests etc...

Easily one of the best games of the last 20 years imo. There is just so much there.

Witcher has ruined other games for me. Couldn't play Fallout 4 because it felt so lazy. If it's an RPG and it's not to that level of depth and attention to detail I don't care.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Witcher has ruined other games for me. Couldn't play Fallout 4 because it felt so lazy. If it's an RPG and it's not to that level of depth and attention to detail I don't care.

Totally agree, it's pretty much the benchmark for how you do that type of game, very few things could be improved.

I played Fallout 4 while I was also heavily involved in Witcher and although I enjoyed the game I couldn't help but make comparisons between the two.

Witcher is now becoming a chore.

I think I may have to concede the fact that doing all the quests and collecting all the Gwent cards is going to take someone like me about 30 years.

Might have to just blast through the main quests and get it over with.

I literally haven't bought or played another single player game in 18 months because of this :crylaugh: 

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Didn't realise Star Ocean TTEOT was out on ps4??!! Is it worth £12 though? 

In short - probably not. I would suggest the PS4 version of Valkyria Chronicles (an anime styled action/tactical shooter with some RPG elements set in an alternative Europe during a WWII-esque conflict with light fantasy elements, phew. It's even better than it sounds) instead, which I think is about £8 on PSN at the moment.

Longer version - have you played any of the Star Ocean games? If not, they're pretty typical JRPGs with the unique exception that they're heavily sci-fi themed. TTEOT is possibly the best example of this, story wise, in the whole series. My recollection of it is pretty good from the PS2; it has a variety of settings (think Star Trek when they land on under-developed planets and things go wrong, and it's pretty similar), characters, and subplots that are genuinely quite different what you'd expect from a game of that vintage.

It also features one of the most insane plot twists in any form of entertainment media, ever. I don't say that lightly. It's the kind of thing that a ) if you do play the whole game you will either love it for it's crazyness and hate it and never speak it's name again, or b ) if you don't play it, you should watch / read about it, as it really is something to behold.

It's a game I wouldn't mind re-visiting on PS2 as I do have fond memories of it. Although it wasn't as good as the Xenosaga trilogy or the criminally underrated Radiata Stories.

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, hogso said:

In short - probably not. I would suggest the PS4 version of Valkyria Chronicles (an anime styled action/tactical shooter with some RPG elements set in an alternative Europe during a WWII-esque conflict with light fantasy elements, phew. It's even better than it sounds) instead, which I think is about £8 on PSN at the moment.

Longer version - have you played any of the Star Ocean games? If not, they're pretty typical JRPGs with the unique exception that they're heavily sci-fi themed. TTEOT is possibly the best example of this, story wise, in the whole series. My recollection of it is pretty good from the PS2; it has a variety of settings (think Star Trek when they land on under-developed planets and things go wrong, and it's pretty similar), characters, and subplots that are genuinely quite different what you'd expect from a game of that vintage.

It also features one of the most insane plot twists in any form of entertainment media, ever. I don't say that lightly. It's the kind of thing that a ) if you do play the whole game you will either love it for it's crazyness and hate it and never speak it's name again, or b ) if you don't play it, you should watch / read about it, as it really is something to behold.

It's a game I wouldn't mind re-visiting on PS2 as I do have fond memories of it. Although it wasn't as good as the Xenosaga trilogy or the criminally underrated Radiata Stories.

I got about halfway through SO on ps2 back in the day and loved it. I kind of only want to play it again for nostalgia sake but dont really want to pay more than about £6 for a ps2 game.

VC just holds no interest for me personally, that's not to say I think it looks rubbish, just that its not my cup of tea.

Tales of Zesteria is only £12 so may plump for that instead, I wonder is it better or worse than Berseria or Xillia? I know it's not as good Symphonia or Vesperia. 

Â