What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

I neither have the skill nor the patience for fighting games anymore.

Playing against mates of a similar level is fun, there's a bar in Notts that has a PS One and Tekken 3 on it which I play on with my friends, but as for any new games and playing online... not a chance.

On 5/1/2017 at 12:04, Ginko said:

there's a bar in Notts that has a PS One and Tekken 3 on it

Brewdog or Spankys? :D 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Brewdog or Spankys? :D 

Spanky's, didn't realise Brewdog had consoles too? Only been there once, mind you.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm vastly behind the times, but after spending a good hour browsing through my Steam catalog, I finally decided to install the Talos Principle, a good 18 months after I bought it.

It's really, really good. It's got to be up there with Portal as one of my favourite puzzle games, and I'm only a few hours in. I'm not quite sure where the narrative is going, but I'm interested. The puzzles are getting gradually more complex, but I've not been left feeling cheated yet, or had to just wander around trying to figure out what I haven't found yet that's essential to solve the puzzle (I'm looking at you, The Witness, you piece of crap).

Currently replaying Fallout 4.

This was a game I didn't enjoy when it first game out, but recently a new mod for the PC version came out called 'PILGRIM - Dread the Commonwealth' and I just had to dive back in.

'PILGRIM' is a mod that alters the visuals, sound and weather to make Fallout 4 more akin to horror games like Silent Hill. It alters the renderer to mimic a camera lens with film grain and depth of field added. What this ultimately creates is an atmosphere of dread, an atmosphere of loneliness that Fallout has lacked since Fallout 2 back in the 90's. This mod makes night time as dark as it would be in a world where electricity is scarce. All of this combines to create something fresh and new, this feels like Fallout, but this feels like a Fallout game taking itself a bit more seriously.

Anyone on PC that has Fallout 4 and a system that can handle this mod should check it out. I will put the link below;

PILGRIM - Dread the Commonwealth

I also combined this mod with the mods 'True Grass' for richer flora and fauna, 'Commonwealth Conifers Redux' for taller more foreboding looking trees and 'Pip-Boy Flashlight' which enhances the flashlight so it casts dynamic shadows for more immersion. 

It's been a blast coming back to Fallout 4. If the game was like this mod on launch it would have likely been one of my favourite games of 2015, but alas it was unremarkable in every way.   

Just got the Game of Thrones Telltale game season pass for £8.99, so all 6 episodes. Also Tales From The Borderlands was free so got that too. Nice change of pace after playing Ultimate Alliance for the last month or so.

Also did a few chapters on FFXV.

Re-bought Witcher 3 so i've been caning that (playing Gwent this time though, lord knows why I didn't like it the first time - it's amazing!)

also re-bought MGS 5 Phantom Pain - that's one i'll dip into from time to time, and as I didn't finish it the first time there's plenty of gameplay in there for me.

Resi 4 on the PS4 - one of my fave games of all time and it's great to play through again at 60fps and 1080 (i'll never forgive @The_Rev for telling me to shoot the water in the lake on the original Gamecube version :D)

Prey - decent so far, has a kind of HL2 vibe to it and is way more exploratory based than combat.

The Surge - It's a sci-fi soulslike from Deck 13 (makers of Lords of the Fallen).

There's a few differences to the Dark Souls formula:

Attacks are horizontal and vertical rather than weak/strong.

You can bank your souls scrap at a bonfire medbay

There's a neat limb targeting mechanic that has a risk/reward factor, you can target an unarmoured limb for an easier kill or an armoured limb and hit an execution to gain a broken version of the armour you destroyed after a harder fight.

It seems they spent more time on the regular enemies rather than the bosses so the difficulty is reversed to what you'd see usually (I've still been pwned lots by the bosses but that says more about me than the game).

As you'd expect the game requires a fair deal of concentration, anytime I lose attention or get overconfident I'm brought down to earth very quickly.

It's a solid 7/10 game WB

• 3 weeks later...

Killing Floor 2 is free on PSN.

Meant to be £30 and it's really good.

Wave based survival against Zombies with up to 6 team mates, with various difficulty settings.

10 different classes ranging from medics, explosives, bare hands/melee, gunslinger to machine guns.

Lots of different maps too.

Get downloading!

said in the switch thread, when it inevitably gets released the snes classic will blow the switch sales out of the water

super mario world, super mario all stars, super metroid, super mario kart, link to the past, donkey kong country, street fighter 2, f-zero, super ghouls and ghosts, smash tv, earthworm jim, super bomberman, star fox, yoshi's island, james pond, mortal kombat, tiny toon adventures, Aladdin, lion king, animaniacs, duck dodgers, killer instinct, desert strike, R type, alien 3, ghoul patrol, lost vikings, mickey mouse magical quest, Jurassic park

so many memories and i didnt even play secret of mana, castlevania, chrono trigger, final fantasy

Â