What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Couldn't tell you anything about the latest Tales games. The last one I played was Graces (which I loved), but I do know the current gen instalments are a lot better than Star Ocean's attempts! 

There's a demo for Vesperia on PSN. 

For those that have played the new Zelda, how long did it take you to really get in to it? I'm enjoying it and have played it for about 8 hours so far but it has not grabbed me like OOT did but I've heard that it is one of the best games ever so hopefully it will get amazing soon.

9 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

For those that have played the new Zelda, how long did it take you to really get in to it? I'm enjoying it and have played it for about 8 hours so far but it has not grabbed me like OOT did but I've heard that it is one of the best games ever so hopefully it will get amazing soon.

I got into it fairly quickly. It doesn't help that it can be quite unforgiving initially, the weapon durability is really annoying at first and you die very quickly. But I was quickly captivated by the freedom it offers.

Don't expect it to blow you away like OoT did instantly. The things that made that game spectacular are obvious. This is more subtle. It's more about freedom, options, exploring and trying things, which no other game really does like this does. Even where they've taken established mechanics they either fit into this works better than anywhere else, or they're done better full stop.

Go out into Hyrule, search for shrines and kinda set your own goals. I set about trying to boost my health and pick up enough money to improve my armour initially. The game subtly points you towards a specific route but gives you enough leeway to ignore it and build up your strength.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I got into it fairly quickly. It doesn't help that it can be quite unforgiving initially, the weapon durability is really annoying at first and you die very quickly. But I was quickly captivated by the freedom it offers.

Don't expect it to blow you away like OoT did instantly. The things that made that game spectacular are obvious. This is more subtle. It's more about freedom, options, exploring and trying things, which no other game really does like this does. Even where they've taken established mechanics they either fit into this works better than anywhere else, or they're done better full stop.

Go out into Hyrule, search for shrines and kinda set your own goals. I set about trying to boost my health and pick up enough money to improve my armour initially. The game subtly points you towards a specific route but gives you enough leeway to ignore it and build up your strength.

Cool, thanks for this. Will give it a good play this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Anyone playing PUBG? I'm on the fence about picking it up. Looks good, but I can't recall the last time I paid full price for a game!

I am. Well worth the money. 

It will be huge on consoles. 

I absolutely love PUBG it's probably one of my favourite games of 2017.

What I love about PUBG is how it makes me feel while I am playing it. That feeling of tension as I am looting or moving around hoping I don't get shot is exhilarating and that is heightened by the fact the gun sounds are terrifyingly realistic. It is a very unique feeling when you are traversing a field and all you hear is the crack of a bullet, the sound of it whizzing past your ear and the thud of the bullet hitting the ground but not knowing where the shot came from. I always thought in a real situation I would be pretty calm and level headed with shots firing at me, but PUBG taught me fast that my decision making goes to shit when I am startled. 

PUBG is phenomenal it gets the heart pumping and the adrenaline going better than any game I have played in recent memory. 

4 hours ago, V01 said:

Uncharted, The Nathan Drake Collection.

Halfway through the first one, it's a bit shit.

I can understand that.

I don't mind Uncharted as a game, but I think it's very of its era I don't think it's timeless.

Uncharted when the series first started in 2007 was a visual masterpiece and that made up for everything it wasn't so great at. Uncharted 2 is a vastly better game, but still was more a visual powerhouse than anything else.

Uncharted 4 is probably the best game in the series from an all round visual, audio and storytelling perspective it's certainly a series that matured with age.

Started playing Marvel Heroes Omega yesterday.

It was free to download on to the PlayStation. From there, you start off as the Hulk, and you can play 38 other characters, which are capped at level 10. If you want your character to advance, you have to do that spendy thing.

Compared to the previous Marvel Alliance games, the graphics and movement are more slicker, and, so far seems to be less " buggy". I did however encounter a bug when I went to fight Electro, and I got frozen out, but that might be due to my crappy internet connection. At least the female characters look like women, instead of Bulgarian weightlifters in drag.

I haven't parted with any of my money yet, as I have just been rotating through the characters going through the first couple of chapters until they reach level 10. Kitty Pride was a lot of fun. Her phasing power is pretty cool.

16 hours ago, AJ said:

Started playing Marvel Heroes Omega yesterday.

It was free to download on to the PlayStation. From there, you start off as the Hulk, and you can play 38 other characters, which are capped at level 10. If you want your character to advance, you have to do that spendy thing.

Compared to the previous Marvel Alliance games, the graphics and movement are more slicker, and, so far seems to be less " buggy". I did however encounter a bug when I went to fight Electro, and I got frozen out, but that might be due to my crappy internet connection. At least the female characters look like women, instead of Bulgarian weightlifters in drag.

I haven't parted with any of my money yet, as I have just been rotating through the characters going through the first couple of chapters until they reach level 10. Kitty Pride was a lot of fun. Her phasing power is pretty cool.

I picked deadpool and saved up those pink things which are in game currency.

They randomly drop from enemies on a timer around every 5-7 minutes.  Only 1 to 5 drop, 1 being common, 5 being very rarely.

I saved up 750 of those really bad people, unlocked full deadpool and I'm bored of it.

I grinder for about 20 hours for those **** pink things, and got bored after unlocking him after about 5 hours. 

I imagine the games better playing with friends, but my god, what a grind fest.

Â