What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

I eventually found one beaver. But I was in the middle of another mission so didn't have time to find the other four that I need.

I've remembered where I found it though so I'll go back there.

I did previously explore the Aurora Basin during the day and at night (searched on the net and half of people seemed to say they were there during the night and half during the day). Didn't find anything though.

Oh well, I'll keep on looking.

Just North of the wreck of Serendipity there is a cliff face that spans from East to West . I found a fair few on top of thos e cliffs and it was during the day . Just take a walk along those making sure to keep an eye out as they are small. If you don't find any then just set up a campsite and run the game forward 6 hours and look again .

finished far cry last night, overall found it very enjoyable, the map is huge, also liked the step up in difficulty on the 2nd island, agree that vass is a great character but not in it enough

didnt like the drugged up bits and wasnt overly fussed by the citra stuff, the bow vs the masked giant was wank, so was the killing of vass, for such a big character i was expecting something better, was convinced there was going to be some twist at the end that saw him come back because it was shit and unsatisfying killing him, also agree that the tomb raiderish bits werent that enjoyable

was convinced that id go for 100% but find myself increasing using youtube to do some of the trophies so not sure if i can be bothered

is the DLC any good?

I eventually found one beaver. But I was in the middle of another mission so didn't have time to find the other four that I need.

I've remembered where I found it though so I'll go back there.

I did previously explore the Aurora Basin during the day and at night (searched on the net and half of people seemed to say they were there during the night and half during the day). Didn't find anything though.

Oh well, I'll keep on looking.

Just North of the wreck of Serendipity there is a cliff face that spans from East to West . I found a fair few on top of thos e cliffs and it was during the day . Just take a walk along those making sure to keep an eye out as they are small. If you don't find any then just set up a campsite and run the game forward 6 hours and look again .

Cheers.

Will have a look there when I get a chance

I sort of don't mind to be honest. I feel as though every game I play at the moment is a marathon that I have to invest a lot of time and energy into to get through. I was after something a bit fast paced, action packed, a quick thrill if you will. From the short time I've played so far it's hard as hell, pretty punishing, you've really got to nail down the parrying from the off. I imagine it'll keep me occupied for a bit. Graphically it's jaw dropping, really, really smooth too. 

Edited by nobler

Been playing Dynasty Warriors 7 on the PC. In terms of graphics and gameplay, so much of the Dynasty Warriors series is complete crap, but I have a soft spot for them ever since one game kept me company while studying abroad. A guy from Hong Kong knew DW4 inside out and convinced me that there's hidden depths to these games, in terms of the battle outcomes, weapon drops, etc. I also like how it butchers Chinese history by turning all their significant historical figures into ludicrous anime caricatures.

My copy of DW7 is in Japanese so it's even more incomprehensible than DW normally is, but at least I'm not subjected to terrible dubbing.

Been playing Dynasty Warriors 7 on the PC. In terms of graphics and gameplay, so much of the Dynasty Warriors series is complete crap, but I have a soft spot for them ever since one game kept me company while studying abroad. A guy from Hong Kong knew DW4 inside out and convinced me that there's hidden depths to these games, in terms of the battle outcomes, weapon drops, etc. I also like how it butchers Chinese history by turning all their significant historical figures into ludicrous anime caricatures.

My copy of DW7 is in Japanese so it's even more incomprehensible than DW normally is, but at least I'm not subjected to terrible dubbing.

I absolutely loved DW4, i mean the games are basically shit, but they're also incredible. I played DW4 and 5 to death but I haven't touched it since the PS2, feel like I should get DW7 just to see what it's like new gen. It's the kind of game I'd never advise anybody else to get, because they'd hate it. But I have a high tolerance for quite bad games.

i used to love it, got it as one of the ps2 launch games, can remember some great times where everyone else got killed off and it was me vs the world, the new ones seem to have lost their magic

read the book a few times too, good read, lots of characters though

Finally got to the final boss at the end of FTL and lost miserably.

I defeated it twice but on the final battle they just sent loads of people aboard and set fire to pretty much every part of my ship. I was so damn close to finishing it off but they go me before I could deliver the final blow. I don't think I'll ever beat this game. That was on the easy difficulty too. Sigh.

Edited by Ginko

I absolutely loved DW4, i mean the games are basically shit, but they're also incredible. I played DW4 and 5 to death but I haven't touched it since the PS2, feel like I should get DW7 just to see what it's like new gen. It's the kind of game I'd never advise anybody else to get, because they'd hate it. But I have a high tolerance for quite bad games.

I massively enjoyed DW4, it had good combat (for its time) and slashing baddies in co-op rarely got old. Plus, it was based on a Chinese (semi-historic) classic that I grew up with which gave it a bit more resonance with me.

The new Tomb Raider ain't bad. And pretty in a brown, overcast and slightly grim kinda way. The voice work for Lara is kinda offputting still, as is how much like Jennifer Lawrence they've made her look, but its pretty good otherwise.

The new Tomb Raider ain't bad. And pretty in a brown, overcast and slightly grim kinda way. The voice work for Lara is kinda offputting still, as is how much like Jennifer Lawrence they've made her look, but its pretty good otherwise.

Even as a big, big fan of the old Tomb Raider games, I think this new one bloody fantastic personally. If the follow up is revealed to develop into Lara's tomb raiding adventures (primarily exploring tombs that is) then I might just explode with giddy excitement. The flashes of old TR in this are amazing.

I'm going to get it in the next week or so I think, it's been getting pretty good reviews.

I think the only real criticism is to do with the story and the gameplay appear to run counter to each other from the sounds of things. It's being promoted as a game which sees a young heroine have to survive against insurmountable odds and how she evolves into the Lara Croft we're more familar with, but it sounds like rather than being sneaky and surviving by the skin of her teeth, she brutally dispatches groups of guards and turns into something more akin to Rambo, and altogether too quickly.

Purely from a gameplay and graphics standpoint, I'm sure it's a lot of fun, but it does seem to run counter to the story they're trying to spin.

Edited by Ginko

Â