coda

31 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Selling youth team players for big money is great for your FFP margins. 

Yeah, but I think they are rich enough not to  sell to a rival*, even for £45m. 

*debatable I know

They keep buying all these squad players at record prices that might become great, but in my opinion until they have a good spine through the team it's entirely pointless. I can't see them getting it right for a while yet.

Champions league is a long way back for Chelsea, they can look forward to more 2nd round League cup draws for a long while.

Its obvious what they are trying to do BUT its obvious what they are doing wrong.  Younger players plateau at different times. And players fight for a new contract and then level off. Some have a brilliant season and then disappear. Jaden Sancho and Kai Havertz were bonafide big match winners 2 years ago . Who Chelsea would 100 percent have gone after in this Boehly world..Now they are just overpaid and inconsistent. The talent is still there, but they just don't put it together on the pitch much any more  . 

And now Poch admitting he didnt even know about Cole PPalmer. Its the US front office approach. They buy and sell the players and the coach just had to get on and coach what he has . 

Theres a good chance this approach will ruin the club, especially as if it doesnt work out they will be looking to move on youngsters who arent ready to move to Saudi at 24/25 yrs of age. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

They keep buying all these squad players at record prices that might become great, but in my opinion until they have a good spine through the team it's entirely pointless. I can't see them getting it right for a while yet.

Champions league is a long way back for Chelsea, they can look forward to more 2nd round League cup draws for a long while.

I agree. It’s not a squad, just a collection of very expensive talent on ridiculously long and expensive contracts. Where’s the motivation? Where’s the motivation when you might get replaced a year later? At least they can sit on those very long contracts on the bench or sporadic games and not worry. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tinker said:

Cole Palmer is a quality player with bags of potential,  I'm surprised City are letting him go tbh, it's cheap at £45m from what I have seen of him.

More o less pays for Doku, it’s the same concept as us selling our academy player just on another level.

55 minutes ago, tinker said:

Cole Palmer is a quality player with bags of potential,  I'm surprised City are letting him go tbh, it's cheap at £45m from what I have seen of him.

Looks good at city but under a basket club case club at chelsea who already have a huge squad? Not so sure

Have they already given up on Mydryk then?

Palmer isn't swopping Man. City bench for Chelsea's bench. Sterling in fairness started the season very well so can't be dropped and Nkunku plays when fit so that's the three sorted behind the CF and they're only playing once a week bar odd league cup tie.

So Mydryk is pretty much a test case. Came in with so much hype yet in reality he's an 80m + supersub.

I'd have thought though they'd have given him a run of 10 starts before just writing him off.

Chelsea seemed to have conducted this transfer window thinking they're still playing in europe.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

I’m sure Chelsea will try to sell him next summer for £35mill, to be able to buy the next new shining thing.

1 hour ago, tinker said:

but where does he fit?

chelsea play 3 behind 1 striker

for that 1 striker they have no one....for the 3 behind they have palmer, nkunku, sterling, madueke, broja, jackson, mudryk, moreira, chuk, hudson odoi (who will leave), deivid, angelo, vale, anjorin....

the issue isnt necessarily that he's not a good player or that he's not worth the money its that chelsea have no out and out striker, they have grandad and a load of kids at CB and are about to sell their back up LB, they're a proper **** mess

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Have they already given up on Mydryk then?

So Mydryk is pretty much a test case. Came in with so much hype yet in reality he's an 80m + supersub.

He's the worst supersub I've ever seen. Not sure what the hype was around him, he had barely played top flight football and his CL record means nothing. The CL group stage is a farce. 

Â