coda

Good thread posted in the Villa Transfer thread, thought I’d discuss it here.

The suggested tweet is that Boehly is doing this deliberately, intentionally knowing they will breach FFP.

Why would he do that you may ask?  To call UEFA/Premier Leagues bluff?

So far FFP sanctions have just been fines or a transfer ban. Would the footballing authorities go as far to actually expel or ban a team? Boehly thinks they wouldn’t.

It’s the only logical explanation. What sane club owner would completely dismantle a title winning team 2 years after winning the CL?

Boehly wants Chelsea to be punished, then he’s likely going to take UEFA/PL to court.

image.thumb.jpeg.9834f94d06d3239fded8474a5ea3cb09.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The suggested tweet is that Boehly is doing this deliberately, intentionally knowing they will breach FFP.

So far FFP sanctions have just been fines or a transfer ban. Would the footballing authorities go as far to actually expel or ban a team? Boehly thinks they wouldn’t.

It’s the only logical explanation. What sane club owner would completely dismantle a title winning team 2 years after winning the CL?

Boehly wants Chelsea to be punished, then he’s likely going to take UEFA/PL to court.

fascinating. It's an interesting idea, and given that City has gotten away with some pretty dodgy financials, I don't see why Chelsea can't.

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

fascinating. It's an interesting idea, and given that City has gotten away with some pretty dodgy financials, I don't see why Chelsea can't.

There is definitely something more to it. At least City tried to be discreet in their FFP shenanigans. This is just so blatant, Boehly know they’ll only get a slap on the wrist.

And it’s also why the players they are sign I are all early 20s, if they do end up with a lengthy transfer ban, they have a massive squad which will all still be in their 20s when ban expires.

I quite genuinely can’t keep track of who they’re signing. I read a “here we go” from Fabrizio Romano and wonder if Ive already read it or if is some other £60m player I’ve never actually heard of. 

On 15/08/2023 at 19:23, duke313 said:

Why would he/Chelsea want that? Ultimately, surely he wants to make money? I've never known an American owner that wasn't about the bottom line.

Edited by Mr_Dogg

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Why would he/Chelsea want that? Ultimately, surely he wants to make money? I've never known an American owner that really about the bottom line.

If he wanted to make money, he wouldn’t have spent over £1b in 18 months.

Just now, duke313 said:

He's not in it for the lolz. He's bought assets, he hasn't pissed it up the wall.  He has some insane master plan.

Tying players to  long contracts  is fraught with risk. They could get injured or loose form and then find hard to get rid of. It's a  ridiculous strategy which will cost the club in the long-term. 

They might have found a loop-hole in the ffp rules which will be closed eventually but Chelsea will suffer eventually 

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Bohley is the figure head, PIF are no doubt funding heavily in Chelsea, basically the Newcastle owners yes.

No one has that sort of money to spend on a football club so quickly apart from the Saudis. As for FFP,  a few more brown envelopes will help push it down the road.

18 hours ago, PaulC said:

Tying players to  long contracts  is fraught with risk. They could get injured or loose form and then find hard to get rid of. It's a  ridiculous strategy which will cost the club in the long-term. 

They might have found a loop-hole in the ffp rules which will be closed eventually but Chelsea will suffer eventually 

No its not he's just doing the nfl contract model. They all get new contracts at roughly year 5/6. The contacts Will be weighted on the back so they have less pressure now. Then they just renegotiate and remove that burden in year 5/6

Â