coda

9 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Madness.

Won't even take into account a new manager wanting to bring his own players in - they'll either bring in more players and be left with even more spare, or they'll enforce a sell before buying policy, which will put most decent managers off Id imagine 

They were discussing that on BT Sport last night after the match. They can’t sell anyone until they get a manager, and what manager is going to want to come in and have to sell half a team before he can buy anyone.

It could take a few seasons before they’re competitive again. Us and Newcastle are coming good at the right time.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Bakayoko
Baba

A total of 35 players once the loanees return and some players contracts expire.

What a shambles, some job for a new manager 🤣

Bakayoko - 5 years out on loan

Baba - 7 years out on loan

What a farce

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Sacking Potter to replace him with Lampard was a really ridiculous decision. Mind you the fans wanted Potter out so serves them right.

Sacking Potter was fine, but sacking him with zero plan for the aftermath is just stupidity.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Sacking Potter was fine, but sacking him with zero plan for the aftermath is just stupidity.

Not sure what's worse, sacking potter with no plan, or, sacking potter with a plan to hire lampard. I'll go with the latter

Edited by HongKongVillan

2 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Not sure what's worse, sacking potter with no plan, or, sacking potter with a plan to hire lampard. I'll go with the latter

Not just a shit manager, a shit manager who had already failed at Chelsea in the recent past 😂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I am so glad we have the owners we have. Gerrard out the door and Emery swiftly replaced him.

Chelsea seem to be making it up as they go along. I cannot deny that I am loving every minute what is happening to them right now and I hope their catastrophic shit show continues. 

• Like 1

I think Chelsea's ideal manager now is Ancellotti. Which isn't going to happen.

Nagelsmann could go the way of Potter. I think they need experience now more than as anything.

Jose Part 3...

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Nagelsmann could go the way of Potter. I think they need experience now more than as anything.

Jose Part 3...

I wouldn’t be surprised, and he’s not the worst appointment they could make.

They need someone at the top of their game. But who in their right mind would want to work for Boehly. Of course plenty will for the cash  but it needs a big personality amd also an agreeable nature so as not to bomb squad the players on the periphery.  

As others have said whoever goes in there will want his own players.  If you have watched MoneyBall the manager gets given players and has no say in who comes. Added to that this is the opposite of Moneyball. Just a bunch of older players there for the money and a bunch of younger ones who arent going to get the personal touch that will help them develop. 

We talk about Emerys Watkins project and who he is going to concentrate on next. Chelsea have about 10 projects that all need help now. 

in terms of getting rid of players Any clever CEO who wants a Chelsea player will just hold off until the end of the summer window to drive the price down knowing they cannot afford to keep him and will have to accept less than market value. 

I can see club ceos doing it in unison as well as irs an opportunity to **** their future up some more. 

13 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Jose Part 3...

I dont think any sensible ambitious manager is taking this job. They probably need to remove 15 players before can improve the squad and that could take months to ship players out

45 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wouldn’t be surprised, and he’s not the worst appointment they could make.

Thing is, Jose is a manager who would want to be in a European competition, unfortunately Chelsea cannot offer that.

Their stock must’ve dropped significantly after the shambles of this season.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Not just a shit manager, a shit manager who had already failed at Chelsea in the recent past 😂

His stint at Derby and then Chelsea the first season tells you he isn't shit. Over-promotion doesn't help any manager progress.

23 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

His stint at Derby and then Chelsea the first season tells you he isn't shit. 

Does it? He wasn't any good first time around at Chelsea and when he was at derby he wasn't exactly pulling up trees either. He was just able to pull favours to get some good loan deals. 

Gerrard and lampard have both conclusively proven that they are awful managers. At some point in the future they might improve but I highly doubt that. Their over inflated opinion of themselves will prevent it. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Does it? He wasn't any good first time around at Chelsea and when he was at derby he wasn't exactly pulling up trees either. He was just able to pull favours to get some good loan deals.

He got Derby into the playoff final (I can still hear the Derby fans chanting his name) and Chelsea top 4 with a transfer embargo. It's easy to reduce these things but he did really well at the start of his managerial career.

• Like 1

Â