coda

League season is pretty much over for them, they just needed a stop-gap manager until they can bring in their long-term choice in the summer, it's not as If Lampard is being given a long-term deal, will there for just eleven games.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went on a run of form now, not because he's a good manager, but because he's so liked at the club and coupled with the relief of Potter's departure there's going to be a feel good factor there, that's something that won't last, but doesn't really matter as he's only there until the end of the season.

If we had a manager that was disliked by the majority of the fanbase who was sacked with eleven games to go and replaced by Dean Smith returning as caretaker manager I'm sure most of our fans would be happy about that.

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

League season is pretty much over for them, they just needed a stop-gap manager until they can bring in their long-term choice in the summer, it's not as If Lampard is being given a long-term deal, will there for just eleven games.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went on a run of form now, not because he's a good manager, but because he's so liked at the club and coupled with the relief of Potter's departure there's going to be a feel good factor there, that's something that won't last, but doesn't really matter as he's only there until the end of the season.

If we had a manager that was disliked by the majority of the fanbase who was sacked with eleven games to go and replaced by Dean Smith returning as caretaker manager I'm sure most of our fans would be happy about that.

Those two words don't exist at Chelsea, or as they are to be known going forward Shallwesea 

This obsession with clubs appointing 'one of our own' is massively misguided. It might get the fans onside, but the players won't give a stuff. Most of them will have no awareness of Lampard's back story. And they certainly won't care. We got lucky with Brian Little and Dean Smith, but it wasn't because they were 'Villa men'. Just appoint the best manager you can realistically get. Like we just did.  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Gonna be fun watching the shitshow in the summer as try and sell a load of players to balance the books.

Anybody want a player who used to be good or potentially good in 2017 on 150k a week?

No...?

Lampard suffering from the same illness as Gerrard. He was saying he would get a performance of passion out of them when he got the job again. 

The problem is you cannot be on the pitch frank.  These great players just don't understand how to get others to improve as it was inbuilt in them   

Whereas Emery.. just keeps on saying we can do better and doesnt ever promise something he cannot deliver. 

Â