coda

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Just seen that according to Romano twitter they're paying £3m rising to £6m, this for a player that only turned seventeen just over a week ago and has never played a first team game

In 3 or 4 years time when he still hasn't kicked a ball for Chelsea but had some decent loans and automatically made his way through the England youth set up they will sell him at a profit

Chelsea are signing that many highly rated academy players that I'm not sure how they're going to give them all game time in their academy teams and playing in their academy is how these youngsters are going to attract loan interest in the first place, some by going to Chelsea will limit their game tme and miss out, but I guess they're offering big incentives.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think ideas of their demise are overstated. Man U have spent a billion in the 10 years since Ferguson, won jack shit and are doing fine. Sadly these clubs are playing a different sport

And Chelsea have spent over half that in 6 months 🤣 - Do Man Utd not have the biggest revenue in World football?  I think only Real Madrid possibly have more income than them, different league from Chelsea altogether.

Chelsea were getting propped up by daddy Roman. no way Bohley can keep this spending up.

27 minutes ago, duke313 said:

And Chelsea have spent over half that in 6 months 🤣 - Do Man Utd not have the biggest revenue in World football?  I think only Real Madrid possibly have more income than them, different league from Chelsea altogether.

Chelsea were getting propped up by daddy Roman. no way Bohley can keep this spending up.

Man City overtook them last year

That's probably thr reason more than anything else that the glazers finally shook up the management there and got rid of Woodward and ole etc

Two useful threads on Chelsea's finances:

(Note that in this case, 'interest free credit' is an analogy to Boehly's amortisation games, not a literal claim about interest free payments)

The TL/DR is that what one hand giveth, the other taketh away. The players cost much less up front, but it becomes much harder to make a profit selling them, and given they may need to keep duff players for several years, if those players are duff and that leads to managers getting sacked, the new managers will have to work with the duff players rather than always getting shiny new ones. 

• Like 3

On 01/02/2023 at 15:40, useless said:

Just seen that according to Romano twitter they're paying £3m rising to £6m, this for a player that only turned seventeen just over a week ago and has never played a first team game

They spent on 20m on a seriously overrated Villa reserve player just for him to inevitably go out on loan to the lower leagues before being sold on.

They are operating on another planet in terms of transfers and transfer fees. Yet again. 

53 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Aubamayang has been omitted from the Champs League squad and their new centre back Badiashile(sp) also misses out. 

Hmm so the problems begin

With CL this makes very little sense for me. Badiashile has been very good so why leave a quality cb out and take two attackers? For me i would have lft felix out.

Eventually this is going to cause massive problems for them as they such a bloated squad players will kick off

• Like 1

On 01/02/2023 at 15:47, VillaJ100 said:

I think ideas of their demise are overstated. Man U have spent a billion in the 10 years since Ferguson, won jack shit and are doing fine. Sadly these clubs are playing a different sport

Well they have won the FA Cup, League Cup, and Europa League post Fergie  which is 3 times more than what we have lifted.

It's all very Potter. Players cut in and you expect to pull the trigger instead ticky tacky pass it in front of Fulham's back four. Reminds me of how Wenger's Arsenal became. Nice football with no end product.

• Like 2

Â