London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

fair play, double double, out with the Swedes partying, chatting to kids, posing for photos, and then turned his back on a live interview to respect the Kenyan anthem, then thanked Birmingham

impressive

Winning is not boring. I dont agree with the 'where will he go now, he has achieved it all'. How about winning the 100 and the 200 again and again. I think he will want the 100m world championship title back. He has unfinished business there.

Winning isnt boring, but Bolt has already said that training is. I'd imagine it's even more boring when you get invited to the sort of parties that Usain Bolt gets invited to too. Does he really need to get his arse out of bed at five in the morning to train any more?

The Worlds are a factor, but they are nothing compared to the Olympic games really. Nobody remembers who the world champion was, everybody remembers who won the Olympic gold. I'd be very surprised if we see Bolt in Rio 2014.

This might be it for Bolt though, I mean where can he go from here?

Maybe have a stab at 400 meters. His 45.28 is pretty good. Seem to remember he said he hates the training for it though. But winning that in either WC or Olympics would put him firmly above Lewis IMO

He is firmly above Lewis now imo. I dont think there is any doubt whatsoever that Usain Bolt is the greatest sprinter who ever lived.

Yep Lewis is not on the same level as Bolt. Bolt is out on his own. One thing that will motivate Bolt is staying ahead of his training partner Blake, he cant just retire now.

Anyway we will see.

Kris Akabusi was asked in the build up to the Olympics on 5Live if a Bolt double would cement him, in his opinion, as a legend of the sport. And he said no, you can only be a legend in his view if you dominate for a decade.

I can only assume that Kris Akabusi walks through life constantly disappointed in everything.

...Awooga.

He is firmly above Lewis now imo. I dont think there is any doubt whatsoever that Usain Bolt is the greatest sprinter who ever lived.

I agree, but the fact that Lewis is one of the greatest ever longjumpers as well makes it a bit debatable at least.

Bolt does not need to dominate until 2018 to be a legend, he already is. I just think he needs to reclaim the 100m to make up for the false start and then he can chill out.

Incidentally Johnson and Lewis did stay at the top for a decade.

Yohan Blake on BBC One: "I just want to big up Birmingham and London. You guys have been great. Birmingham people, you guys took care of us and we have to give you all the respect, Birmingham..."

Usain Bolt, interrupting: "Oh yeah, Birmingham people! When we had camp they were extremely great to us. They showed us a lot of love and thank you, guys. You guys helped us to come out here and do our best."

Warren Weir, interrupting: "Shout out Birmingham!"

Kris Akabusi was asked in the build up to the Olympics on 5Live if a Bolt double would cement him, in his opinion, as a legend of the sport. And he said no, you can only be a legend in his view if you dominate for a decade.

I can only assume that Kris Akabusi walks through life constantly disappointed in everything.

...Awooga.

Akabusi is a tit. He always seemed to come across as a great bloke in interviews and stuff while he was running, but he was on Fighting Talk once a couple of years ago and it was the worst thing I have heard in my entire life. He always has to be 'on' and it gets very tiring very quickly, its like he has to be a parody of himself now he doesnt have athletics to keep him in the limelight.

Â