So, The_Rev's predictions for the top of the medals table:

1] United States

2] China

3] United Kingdom

4] Russia

5] Australia

6] Germany

7] who really gives a ****?

Based on number of golds, obviously. I'm sure the Yanks will find a way of arranging the table so they are top regardless of what happens but I think now China doesnt have home advantage we will see our chums from across the pond win the most golds.

I think I am being a tad optimistic with us. The home nation always gets a boost because its athletes have been preparing for so long for their particular games and the government tend to throw a bit more money at them too. Anywhere in the top five would be a very successful games though. I think we should clean up in cycling, sailing and boxing but I think we might struggle again in track & field.

Page 13, post 1. July 25th. Top four are spot on so far! :D

Haha, the Jamaican commentary of the 200m final was amazing!

"Usain Bolt wins again! Is there a throne in London big enough to hold this man? I THINK NOT!"

Genius.

I had never watched taekwando at previous Olympics but it is rather good. Especially when we win gold in it...

The 200m earlier on was great by the way. Bolt was always going to win it and probably could have broken the world record (as he himself said).

On another note, what the hell happened in the hockey?! We got absolutely battered.

Switched to BBC1. Jess Ennis looking **** gorgeous. :P

She does, but would still rather smash in Pendleton's back door.

They'd both be knackered from their events so it'd only be polite to let them both give each other a hand. Just to make things easier for them, like.

So, The_Rev's predictions for the top of the medals table:

1] United States

2] China

3] United Kingdom

4] Russia

5] Australia

6] Germany

7] who really gives a ****?

Based on number of golds, obviously. I'm sure the Yanks will find a way of arranging the table so they are top regardless of what happens but I think now China doesnt have home advantage we will see our chums from across the pond win the most golds.

I think I am being a tad optimistic with us. The home nation always gets a boost because its athletes have been preparing for so long for their particular games and the government tend to throw a bit more money at them too. Anywhere in the top five would be a very successful games though. I think we should clean up in cycling, sailing and boxing but I think we might struggle again in track & field.

Page 13, post 1. July 25th. Top four are spot on so far! :D

But you lose triple points for Australia

Hey , I don't make the rules

Â