London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Just got back from Athletics - Awesome day

What did you think of the sound system in the stadium ?

Would love kit like that down B6

Like so many things it at that stadium it was perfect.

If they change that stadium much after the Olympics it will be so wrong, it should not be a football stadium

So, The_Rev's predictions for the top of the medals table:

1] United States

2] China

3] United Kingdom

4] Russia

5] Australia

6] Germany

7] who really gives a ****?

Based on number of golds, obviously. I'm sure the Yanks will find a way of arranging the table so they are top regardless of what happens but I think now China doesnt have home advantage we will see our chums from across the pond win the most golds.

I think I am being a tad optimistic with us. The home nation always gets a boost because its athletes have been preparing for so long for their particular games and the government tend to throw a bit more money at them too. Anywhere in the top five would be a very successful games though. I think we should clean up in cycling, sailing and boxing but I think we might struggle again in track & field.

Page 13, post 1. July 25th. Top four are spot on so far! :D

I made the same top 4 prediction in 2008 in the Beijing 2008 thread. If only it hadn't got pruned and I'd be able to prove it! :D

Just got back from Athletics - Awesome day

What did you think of the sound system in the stadium ?

Would love kit like that down B6

Like so many things it at that stadium it was perfect.

If they change that stadium much after the Olympics it will be so wrong, it should not be a football stadium

What else would you use it for though?

It would just be a pointless white elephant if football doesn't move in.

1] United States

2] China

3] United Kingdom

4] Russia

5] Australia

6] Germany

Based on number of golds, obviously. I'm sure the Yanks will find a way of arranging the table so they are top regardless of what happens but I think now China doesnt have home advantage we will see our chums from across the pond win the most golds.

I think I am being a tad optimistic with us. The home nation always gets a boost because its athletes have been preparing for so long for their particular games and the government tend to throw a bit more money at them too. Anywhere in the top five would be a very successful games though. I think we should clean up in cycling, sailing and boxing but I think we might struggle again in track & field.

What do you want ? A medal ;-)

1] United States

2] China

3] United Kingdom

4] Russia

5] Australia

6] Germany

I did try and warn you about Australia :P

First gold for Ireland? Great victory, are there any GB fans in that arena?!?
Loads - didn't you see the Nicky Adams fight beforehand? They all went honorary Irish for Katie.
I saw the Adams fight too. She was great, but I think in that arena at that time we adopted her rather than the other way around. Otherwise I must say I was very impressed with the English learning all the words to the Irish anthem and for wearing the green, white & gold :P I saw Adams being interviewed later on last night. She's only a kid. Very uncomfortable in front of a camera which I always find endearing in an athlete :)

Loads - didn't you see the Nicky Adams fight beforehand? They all went honorary Irish for Katie.
I saw the Adams fight too. She was great, but I think in that arena at that time we adopted her rather than the other way around. Otherwise I must say I was very impressed with the English learning all the words to the Irish anthem and for wearing the green, white & gold :P I saw Adams being interviewed later on last night. She's only a kid. Very uncomfortable in front of a camera which I always find endearing in an athlete :)

She's 29 but I agree with you - very endearing personality. All the chants of 'Nicola' were started by the Green army and GSTQ was impeccably observed.

I was shown on the bbc feed, jumping for joy after the decision was announced :D

Yes, I think you are right - I wasn't saying anything about % nationality of the crowd, just that the Brits who were there got behind Taylor - your comment that the Irish also got behind Adams is undoubtedly true.

Which is nice. :D

Â