London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

First gold for Ireland? Great victory, are there any GB fans in that arena?!?
Loads - didn't you see the Nicky Adams fight beforehand? They all went honorary Irish for Katie.

Hellova result for Jade Jones in the taekwondo, too.

Wikipedia entry for long jump gold medal winner Greg Rutherford:

Rutherford played several sports as a youth including football, rugby and badminton. He had trials with Premiership football club Aston Villa at the age of 14 before deciding to pursue a career in athletics

One of ours. :thumb:

Wikipedia entry for long jump gold medal winner Greg Rutherford:

Rutherford played several sports as a youth including football, rugby and badminton. He had trials with Premiership football club Aston Villa at the age of 14 before deciding to pursue a career in athletics

One of ours. :thumb:

I saw a picture of Hannah England at Villa Park, either she's a fan or a potential signing?

On the train back home. I'd say 70% of the crowd today were Irish fans and the noise level was incredible. The Irish also got behind Nicola Adams massively which was great to see.

So happy to witness an Irish gold!

Haha, what a final. World records and national records broken all over the place, the only guy who didnt run a PB was the guy who finished seventh, and he ran a SB.

Oh wow, Lawrence Clarke is frightfully posh isnt he? 8fqKR.png

I just read up on him. He has blue blood, his father is a Baronet, which is a hereditary honour above a knight on the honours list, but oddly the only one which doesnt grant a seat in the House of Lords. When his dad pops his clogs then Lawrence Clarke gets the Baronet. I think this means he is probably the richest man at the Olympics, and I am including Roger Federer in that list!

Â